Spring Game Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total nonsense. Just a bunch of nobodies wanting to pretend they had some power. The banners served only one purpose....advertising how childish some fans are.

This^^^

That's funny. Bc you two are all over the place trying to convince everyone it's a bad idea. If that's nonsense then you wouldn't care if we flew the banner or not.
It's a stupid idea period. If you know golden won't get fired before the season why fly the plane at the spring game? At this point you are just trying to sabotage recruiting...

Remember the time something terrible was happening and some people thought it would be best to sit around and do nothing, to try and pretend that the terrible thing wasn't happening or that maybe it just wasn't so bad.

That's you two right now

It's not even the season yet and you have people talking about flying banners in March? I thought this was an adult canes forum. Couldn't tell by the way some of the posters act on here... Acting like whiny brats who want to feel more important than they really are.

Advertisement
Exactly. The banners have already served their purpose. Golden is a dead man walking, it's all but guaranteed the new AD will want to bring in their own choice asap. If it wasn't for the fan discontent the national media would still be blaming this **** on the cloud and deflecting all blame from Al, which I'm sure the administration loved.

Total nonsense. Just a bunch of nobodies wanting to pretend they had some power. The banners served only one purpose....advertising how childish some fans are.

This^^^

That's funny. Bc you two are all over the place trying to convince everyone it's a bad idea. If that's nonsense then you wouldn't care if we flew the banner or not.

You seem confused, or incapable of keeping up with simple arguments. You can look just a few posts up and see what we, and others, care about the banners because it negatively impacts recruiting and the overall view of the program and fan base. It certainly DOES have an impact, but none that have any benefit to the program, the team, the school, or the fan base.

Al Golden negatively impacts recruiting. Getting rid of him is more important than losing a couple teenagers.

flying the banner doesn't accomplish anything positive in my view. there are almost always people that want a coach to be replaced (particularly when you have average and subpar results on the field ) and the school already knows you exist. the decision to fire golden will rest with the new president and obviously he has this season to show improvement. obviously money and buyout factor into this equation. now on the fiip side you have impressionable recruits at the spring game who see a banner and view the program negatively as a result. since you aren't impacting the administration (they will make the decision when they deem it to be the right time) and you are hurting recruiting what good are you doing?

flying the banner doesn't accomplish anything positive in my view. there are almost always people that want a coach to be replaced (particularly when you have average and subpar results on the field ) and the school already knows you exist. the decision to fire golden will rest with the new president and obviously he has this season to show improvement. obviously money and buyout factor into this equation. now on the fiip side you have impressionable recruits at the spring game who see a banner and view the program negatively as a result. since you aren't impacting the administration (they will make the decision when they deem it to be the right time) and you are hurting recruiting what good are you doing?

This ^^^

This^^^

You seem confused, or incapable of keeping up with simple arguments. You can look just a few posts up and see what we, and others, care about the banners because it negatively impacts recruiting and the overall view of the program and fan base. It certainly DOES have an impact, but none that have any benefit to the program, the team, the school, or the fan base.

Al Golden negatively impacts recruiting. Getting rid of him is more important than losing a couple teenagers.

If you really think flying the banner will get rid of Golden, you're level of thought is more childish than I realized. It does no such thing. It's nothing more than a public tantrum that makes the banner boys look idiotic, and unfortunately, makes others think that it represents the entire fan base.

Advertisement
Recruits aren't more important than the coach. And right now the clowns who say there is no purpose of flying the banners well you guys are just giving our BOT just way too much credit.

See the thing is Goldie should've been fired already. And they haven't done the right thing in the past. So we have to keep the pressure on.

You want to hear some ****? You guys remember the WR we lost to our rivals in Gainesville??? Well a certain former Miami coach negative recruited Miami to get him up there.. You know how? He told him that Goldens contract wasn't up until 2019 so forget about winning until then..

Golden being here is losing us recruits.

See how many Don Bailey Jr's are in this thread w/ their jimmies rustled? That's exactly why fans fly the banner.. To get a reaction.

Nobody wants to be embarrassed. So we fly the banner so the slurpers get embarrassed and they will want to make a move.. Like firing the coach. Quite simple.

Exactly. The banners have already served their purpose. Golden is a dead man walking, it's all but guaranteed the new AD will want to bring in their own choice asap. If it wasn't for the fan discontent the national media would still be blaming this **** on the cloud and deflecting all blame from Al, which I'm sure the administration loved.

You're right, Al Golden, the face of the football program, hasn't taken a PR hit at all. Meanwhile the anonymous fans are the ones taking the embarrassment.

If you guys fly a banner it needs to be a positive one.. flying a fire golden banner in late October when were barley bowl eligible is not a bad idea. But flying one at a spring football game full of weavering recruits is probably not a smart thing to do.

Who cares what recruits come here or not at this point. Fifteen five star recruits wouldn't matter with this coaching staff. This staff will find a way to botch that up. As much as I am a fan, I also think it is selfish to want kids to come here to be poorly coached, poorly developed and under used and cost them a chance at a million dollar pay day. It is their future and they need to think about it carefully. No recruit not coming here will do as much damage as keeping Golden around. Just because administration refused to do that right thing doesn't mean we just forget and blindly support this joke of a coaching staff. I never understood how being a fan means completely forgetting how to use your reasoning skills.

Recruits aren't more important than the coach. And right now the clowns who say there is no purpose of flying the banners well you guys are just giving our BOT just way too much credit.

See the thing is Goldie should've been fired already. And they haven't done the right thing in the past. So we have to keep the pressure on.

You want to hear some ****? You guys remember the WR we lost to our rivals in Gainesville??? Well a certain former Miami coach negative recruited Miami to get him up there.. You know how? He told him that Goldens contract wasn't up until 2019 so forget about winning until then..

How is a banner gonna change the fact that the school can't afford his buyout thru 2019?

That reason alone might keep him here next year. The BOT sees the empty stadium, they hear the local radio, they see 6-7 with 8 NFL draft picks, and they just don't give a ****.

Im not sure what a spring game Banner will accomplish, Some of you guys are giving these Banners supernatural/mythological powers. Is a banner gonna make Al Golden resign? Is it going to pay his buyout? IS the game even televised this year?

Flying a bannner at a spring game is like yelling at your Television when Obama is on, it might make you feel better, but it isn't gonna change the decision making process. Message boards tend to make people feel more important than they really are, so fly a banner if it makes you feel better about the situation, but it is rather pointless.

Advertisement
All im saying is that is how this fan base is, always has been always will be, the only cure to it is winning, same with eagles fans, same with bama/auburn fans

..and all I'm saying is these same "fans" are hurting the program they claim to care about. The only cure is winning, but they are making it even harder to win on top of the coaching problems. These same "fans" are the ones that will attack Golden for "losing" a recruit, even if the recruit decided not to sign because of the negativity. Thankfully Walton ultimately signed with us, had he not, the "fans" would claim Golden "missed" on him, despite Walton clearly saying that the fan behavior had been making him rethink whether to come to UM or not. So whine, *****, moan, rant, rave and act like a lunatic all you want, but realize that there are negative consequences that come with it.

What recruit has said they didnt sign because of the negativity? Like i said the blames on golden because hes the head coach, if he wants to shut everyone up then win, plus these kids dont give 2 sh¡ts most of the time about what the fans say, you should see all the sh¡t they get from all the fan bases on social media

Examples have already been provided.

I didnt see any???

See how many Don Bailey Jr's are in this thread w/ their jimmies rustled? That's exactly why fans fly the banner.. To get a reaction.

Nobody wants to be embarrassed. So we fly the banner so the slurpers get embarrassed and they will want to make a move.. Like firing the coach. Quite simple.

Bingo

It's amazing how even simple concepts are beyond the "mind" of the SLURPER.

It's like Grolden ignoring the inate talent of SFLA atheletes, and wanting them to play like coal shovelers.

Most quality recruits don't want to play for a LOSER. A few will, because they have orange/green blood. Then Grolden will strip them of any qualities that don't conform to his FAILED scheme. The ones that get to the NFL suddenly blossom.

Otherwise, we get recruits with fewer options, and less obvious talent. Butch could turn these into prime talent. Grolden, not so much.

If you sabotage the recruiting class it will cause an long term effect the next coach could consider him self lucky to pull in 3 stars his firsr two years...then he will go 5-8 and the cycle starts over again..all of that to say this...would you rather a 2 star coach with all 5 star recruits the entire team or a 5 star coach with a 3 star team? Me i think most games are won on NSD

Advertisement
If you sabotage the recruiting class it will cause an long term effect the next coach could consider him self lucky to pull in 3 stars his firsr two years...then he will go 5-8 and the cycle starts over again..all of that to say this...would you rather a 2 star coach with all 5 star recruits the entire team or a 5 star coach with a 3 star team? Me i think most games are won on NSD

The thing is if you watch the draft and listen to most experts TALENT wise will say our team last year was top 5 in the nation. 3rd most invites to the combine and elite talent across the field.

So last year we felt we had 2 star coaching with a 5 star team. What did we get? 6-7

The thing that your leaving out is our location. I will take a 5 star coach who gets all of his 3-stars from Dade, Broward, West Palm & the rest in Florida all day. And match that with anyone else in the country and we will compete with the big dogs.

You're right, Al Golden, the face of the football program, hasn't taken a PR hit at all. Meanwhile the anonymous fans are the ones taking the embarrassment.

Piling one bad on top of a bigger bad doesn't create anything good.

If you guys fly a banner it needs to be a positive one.. flying a fire golden banner in late October when were barley bowl eligible is not a bad idea. But flying one at a spring football game full of weavering recruits is probably not a smart thing to do.

Who cares what recruits come here or not at this point. Fifteen five star recruits wouldn't matter with this coaching staff. This staff will find a way to botch that up. As much as I am a fan, I also think it is selfish to want kids to come here to be poorly coached, poorly developed and under used and cost them a chance at a million dollar pay day. It is their future and they need to think about it carefully. No recruit not coming here will do as much damage as keeping Golden around. Just because administration refused to do that right thing doesn't mean we just forget and blindly support this joke of a coaching staff. I never understood how being a fan means completely forgetting how to use your reasoning skills.

..yet you just used a complete lack of sound reasoning.

Advertisement

The thing is if you watch the draft and listen to most experts TALENT wise will say our team last year was top 5 in the nation. 3rd most invites to the combine and elite talent across the field.

So last year we felt we had 2 star coaching with a 5 star team. What did we get? 6-7

The thing that your leaving out is our location. I will take a 5 star coach who gets all of his 3-stars from Dade, Broward, West Palm & the rest in Florida all day. And match that with anyone else in the country and we will compete with the big dogs.

Quite an overstatement on your part. Yes, we certainly underachieved, and yes, the coaches haven't done what's needed thus far. However, no expert ever said we were a top 5 team in terms of talent. Among those that are in the draft, that group is in the top 5. As a team, we still had enormous holes in various positions, and limited depth.

LULZ at the Folden Farqots using Mark Walton, a guy who signed with UM, as Exhibit A in their case that the banners hurt recruiting.

"LULZ" (yeah, you're an adult) at you being too stupid to understand that just because one guy still stuck it out and signed with us, that others didn't decide not to because of the idiots like you.

Those vituperative comments offend my sensibilities.

You're the type of farqot who blames his lumpy distorted Mongoloid head for injuring his abusive husband's fists aren't you?

flying a banner hurts recruiting and makes it harder for the program to be successful whether the coach is golden or anybody else.

my feeling is if you want golden fired you voice your opinion by not buying tickets, emailing the school, holding back donations etc. ultimately they take that all into account when they make a decision but I seriously doubt they make decisions based on banners.

Im curious how long have some of you against the banners been canes fans?

I only ask because the banner thing has been a norm

Been a 'Canes fan for a good 35 years or so, since I was a kid and started watching football. Always been my team and my #1 focus as far as sports go at any level (I'd watch a 'Canes game over the Superbowl if I had to choose). Went to UM and got my degree there in '94. Got my son bleeding orange and green as well, to the point that he draws the "U" on pretty much every paper he gets his hands on.

The banner thing is juvenile, disruptive, embarrassing, and makes the fanbase look bad. Yes, the UM fanbase is widely considered to have a pretty large trashy component...and the truth is, it does.

Dear God, hopefully, not from the place I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back