South Florida 7 on 7 Corches Celebrating Great "Technique"

Advertisement
Holding...on the offense...10 yard penalty...replay 1st down.

1581614616244.png

Last edited:
Exactly why I hate these camps and the "coaches" they have working them. Absolutely no technique being taught. They allow this type of nonsense + WR's running improvised 7-second routes + CB's mugging WR's...

All of that garbage is celebrated.

The DE in this video does exactly what we teach. Work the OL vertical and once you get too far up-field, or to the Quarterback's depth, work a counter-move to get back inside.

Exactly why I hate these camps and the "coaches" they have working them. Absolutely no technique being taught. They allow this type of nonsense + WR's running improvised 7-second routes + CB's mugging WR's...

The DE in this video does exactly what we teach. Work the OL vertical and once you get too far up-field, or to the Quarterback's depth, work a counter-move to get back inside.

Which 7v7 teams are actually teaching technique? Any decent staffs down there?

Advertisement

This is probably the most extreme thing out there. You end up having to evaluate DBs and WRs on movement and physical tools because very little else translates. Everyone remembers Sam Bruce's dance solos, yes?

Advertisement
I hated coaching WRs and you see the kids come back trying to be Sam Bruce and take 15 seconds to get off the line. Like bruh... The QB would have been sacked, whistle blew, and there's enough time to call another play in the time you're tryna make all these stupid moves! Some of these camps and a lot of these 7 on 7 things just let the kids do whatever with trash technique and more coaches need to call it out correctly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is probably the most extreme thing out there. You end up having to evaluate DBs and WRs on movement and physical tools because very little else translates. Everyone remembers Sam Bruce's dance solos, yes?
Oh man. I remember those clips. Everyone would say that he was the best route running in florida and those 7 on 7 clips just killed the coach in me.

Here's video of all His reps beginning at :31, won all His reps. That Marcus Tate kid looked good too, owned Tyreak Sapp...Rodriguez looks good too...context:

Advertisement
Back