South Florida '19- The DTs

Advertisement
Here's the list of personal criteria I have for our next DT recruit:

1.) Must be from South Florida
2.) Must have that dog in him. I prefer a mean dog, not a lazy one. More pit bull, less basset hound. A big, mean, scary old dog. In him.
3.) Must be ranked no higher than 3 stars, and no lower than 3 stars. I'm thinking 3 stars is the way to go here.
4.) Must be 6 inches too short.... but make up for it by having 6 inches of dog in him
5.) Must have offers from Kentucky, FIU, and Syracuse
6.) Must have a cousin, uncle, or friend who posts on this board who can vouch for him
7.) Must give at least one interview where everyone can say what an "old school cane" the kid is
8.) Must be "the kind of kid who goes to a place like Louisville and balls out" and so forth
9.) Ahhh **** it

I like our current DT commits & think Ingraham has star potential down the line, but imo I think we're making a mistake passing on Kancey, that kid has NFL caliber talent.

His size gets overstated as a knock, but PJ Hall just got drafted in the 2nd round to the Raiders out of Sam Houston St, he's only 6'1 310lbs. Genius Atkins is just 6'1 300lbs he's been a multiple time pro bowler, Grady Jarrett from Clemson is 6'0 305lbs he's the Falcons best DT, Michael Pierce for my Ravens is a great stout NT he's 6'0 339lbs, Sheldon Day from Notre Dame is 6'1 295lbs, years back during the Shannon era Ian Williams from the Orlando area went to Notre Dame was just 6'1 305lbs, Jurrell Casey from USC another pro bowler is 6'1 300+ & of course the best & highest paid interior lineman in the NFL is Aaron Donald from Pitt who's just 6'1 280-290lbs.

Kancey has natural speed & burst that you can't teach, plays with violent hands & is just an overall playmaker. Probably won't kill it in the under armor Olympics but he's a kid with development that will be an absolute disrupter on the interior line as a 3-tech.

Again, I like our haul as is & not saying who we got aren't enough, I'm just saying considering how much depth we'll need at DT in the future he's good enough to play at Miami.

Kancey has 8tcks 3.5TFL's 1.5 sacks & 1PBU on the season & is one of the highest graded DT's in the country.

Advertisement
I remember banging on the desk for miami to offer kancey he is a monster. He is electric supers fast and strong. Him in this line would be unblockable even more than he already is

I was a big Kancey fan. We’ve got some talent on our DL. I love Roberts and the Williams boys. But he would have been a huge add to that class. You should never pass up an interior pass rusher with his type of burst.

Was to small hes a tick over 6'0 and short arms. I know they evaluated and one guy was selling...but the size requirements on him

Nobody was higher on CK than me, another MNW Bull we let slip through the cracks & he for sure would've committed had we offered him, I know that for a fact. But Coach Jess at the time preferred Jalar Holley because of his Buford connections.

Him & Nesta on the same line would've been a problem.

We could've used Kancey as a FB and a DT on pass rush downs. Nikita Whitlock from Wake Forest did that for the NY Giants.

Advertisement
I wanted Dorlus that cycle.
In hindsight Kancey would've been nice too.

Anybody but Holley. I coached against him and didn't even know he was on the field.

Pitt has a way off taking lower ranked kids from South Florida and developing them.
My boy Weaver is killin' it right now. Their whole DL is playing lights-out actually.

Anybody but Holley. I coached against him and didn't even know he was on the field.

Pitt has a way off taking lower ranked kids from South Florida and developing them.
My boy Weaver is killin' it right now. Their whole DL is playing lights-out actually.

Charlie Partidge got them boys playing lights out!

That defense is a problem

If stroud for whatever reason leaves or retires we need Pitts defensive line coach. That guys evaluates and coaches better than maybe anyone in the country not named Larry Johnson. And really Larry gets the pick of the littler anyways. Pitt lost their guy Jalen twyman and they’re rolling. That guy is a sick coach and will probably get DC offers

Advertisement
Charlie Partidge got them boys playing lights out!
They've got a really good staff. I've heard great things about the way they treat their players, and my boy Weaver loves it there.
They definitely get the most out of their kids.

I don't think they'll ever sign enough skill talent to compete for the ACC though. I feel like their ceiling is kinda low.
I wonder how long Narduzzi plans to stay there.

If stroud for whatever reason leaves or retires we need Pitts defensive line coach. That guys evaluates and coaches better than maybe anyone in the country not named Larry Johnson. And really Larry gets the pick of the littler anyways. Pitt lost their guy Jalen twyman and they’re rolling. That guy is a sick coach and will probably get DC offers
I think I remember Bama interviewing he and Kugliowski and going with the latter. If they did pick him over Partridge that was a bad mistake (and he left after one year).

I like our current DT commits & think Ingraham has star potential down the line, but imo I think we're making a mistake passing on Kancey, that kid has NFL caliber talent.

His size gets overstated as a knock, but PJ Hall just got drafted in the 2nd round to the Raiders out of Sam Houston St, he's only 6'1 310lbs. Genius Atkins is just 6'1 300lbs he's been a multiple time pro bowler, Grady Jarrett from Clemson is 6'0 305lbs he's the Falcons best DT, Michael Pierce for my Ravens is a great stout NT he's 6'0 339lbs, Sheldon Day from Notre Dame is 6'1 295lbs, years back during the Shannon era Ian Williams from the Orlando area went to Notre Dame was just 6'1 305lbs, Jurrell Casey from USC another pro bowler is 6'1 300+ & of course the best & highest paid interior lineman in the NFL is Aaron Donald from Pitt who's just 6'1 280-290lbs.

Kancey has natural speed & burst that you can't teach, plays with violent hands & is just an overall playmaker. Probably won't kill it in the under armor Olympics but he's a kid with development that will be an absolute disrupter on the interior line as a 3-tech.

Again, I like our haul as is & not saying who we got aren't enough, I'm just saying considering how much depth we'll need at DT in the future he's good enough to play at Miami.

Charlie Partridge strikes again.

Advertisement

Smh, Diaz & his staff was stupid AF lol

Total agreement but….
south park beat a dead horse GIF

Yeah. This was a miss. But everyone misses. Mario is going to miss too. I know most on here are going to track the career of that kid Landon Ibieta or whatever his name was from Louisana. The WR...If he blows up at LSU, there will be sour grapes that Mario shouldnt have dropped him..Guarantee it. But its just the nature of the beast.

Advertisement
Back