South Florida '19- The DTs

ingrham has freakish ability, top want after Evan neal, Stevenson, bogle . **** he might be on par with them. You don’t see dlineman with that frame who can move like that...

Ingraham is well ahead of Bogle in terms of skill & need.

Advertisement
Bogle is a Top 50 National player, WTF are you talking about??

I’m not th e fan everyone else is. Would like him in the class, but I’m not sold on his frame being an every down DE, and to be fair he’s a straight finesse player in camps & games. Like Harvey better (already in the class) & Weaver more -want him in the class over Bogle. That’s fair, right?

Dude is 6'4-6'5 and about 210-215 He has the frame to add weight in a legit S&C program. Plus he has been very productive on the field at the HS level and brings a certain leadership to the locker room.

He is a take in my eyes with Weaver, Harvey, and Summerall at DE.

Advertisement
I’m not th e fan everyone else is. Would like him in the class, but I’m not sold on his frame being an every down DE, and to be fair he’s a straight finesse player in camps & games. Like Harvey better (already in the class) & Weaver more -want him in the class over Bogle. That’s fair, right?
Bogle has put on some serious weight and has grown a bit in terms of length. He’s 6’4- 6’5 now and already has an impressive build that will add weight in a college program

Are people really that ignorant and don't think that Texas is a landmine for DT studs. Wow nevermind looking at the draft. People amaze me with how far there head is up there **** when looking out of state. OU will be in the playoffs with Tx horses and Jimbo will have a field day with the talent.

Are people really that ignorant and don't think that Texas is a landmine for DT studs. Wow nevermind looking at the draft. People amaze me with how far there head is up there **** when looking out of state. OU will be in the playoffs with Tx horses and Jimbo will have a field day with the talent.
We need to avoid landmines no matter the cost🤓With that said, your avatar should never be avoided.

Advertisement
I like our current DT commits & think Ingraham has star potential down the line, but imo I think we're making a mistake passing on Kancey, that kid has NFL caliber talent.

His size gets overstated as a knock, but PJ Hall just got drafted in the 2nd round to the Raiders out of Sam Houston St, he's only 6'1 310lbs. Genius Atkins is just 6'1 300lbs he's been a multiple time pro bowler, Grady Jarrett from Clemson is 6'0 305lbs he's the Falcons best DT, Michael Pierce for my Ravens is a great stout NT he's 6'0 339lbs, Sheldon Day from Notre Dame is 6'1 295lbs, years back during the Shannon era Ian Williams from the Orlando area went to Notre Dame was just 6'1 305lbs, Jurrell Casey from USC another pro bowler is 6'1 300+ & of course the best & highest paid interior lineman in the NFL is Aaron Donald from Pitt who's just 6'1 280-290lbs.

Kancey has natural speed & burst that you can't teach, plays with violent hands & is just an overall playmaker. Probably won't kill it in the under armor Olympics but he's a kid with development that will be an absolute disrupter on the interior line as a 3-tech.

Again, I like our haul as is & not saying who we got aren't enough, I'm just saying considering how much depth we'll need at DT in the future he's good enough to play at Miami.

I've had lots of conversations about this with football people. The issue is height. For a 1 technique kind of player, I think it's ok not to be 6-2/6-3, so long as the other (more important) physical attributes: strength/power, width/weight, quickness, flexibility, and hand speed, are there. But the perception is that without height, you can't have some of those other things.

Personally, I don't agree. If those other attributes are there in abundance, I just don't see the big differentiation between a 1 tech (or sometimes even a 3 tech) who is , 6ft. 2 1/2, versus one who is 6 ft. -1.

Advertisement
Advertisement
KANCEY issue isnt all the way height but body frame. He doesnt appear to have the frame to get up above 280-290 and be productive. I know they liked him..but when saw him up close...too small

We should be be trying to get back Renato Brown, Daxon & should've taken Kancey.

We need DT depth, take'em all & sort it out on once they sign & are on campus.

Advertisement
Back