Sources tell me Cam Williams decomit eminent

Advertisement
I've talked about this with a few people lately.

With all due respect to the staff, they do a very poor job keeping Plan B's on their radar and slow playing kids to that effect.

They recruit as if they are Bama and will hit on all/most of their top targets. When they try to get on other kids later on, many times it's too late or kids are set in their prior decision because UM did not cultivate any relationship. You've seen this at QB, RB, OL primarily this cycle.

It ends up having a drastic effect on the overall numbers and hurts depth. In Years 1-3 with Richt, Miami has been operating well-under the 85 scholarship limit. They typically have started each season around the 75-80 mark, not common around the country at all; it's a hidden probation for the program. Miami's essentially been playing with scholarship reductions and it doesn't look like Year 4 will be any better.

Yeah, all that's great during the honeymoon period and pulling out the turnover chain the first year. That **** is looong over now. Sadly you have to coach them up and get results as well.

Advertisement
Which makes the recruit/player bashing so stupid. When has that ever helped us? It can only hurt us in the long run.
The only bashing I do if it’s warranted against a player of ours/coaching staff ... never going to call a kid a straight up jag or talk **** even though I feel that way (damarius good)

More evidence that rick is senile and/or coasting into retirement

Ever since hes been here, we RARELY, if ever have a plan B or C. We literally might as well openly pay players if we're gonna roll with this dumbass self imposed scholarship sanction mentality rickety rick is infatuated with..

Advertisement
Looks like this class is toast already...we gotta hope most of the ones that decide to stay pan out... Lets face it....this is the year of Juco , grad transfers and sleepers....Richt better bring in solid depth or next season is going to be another disaster....

If cam decommits there’s a kid up here by the name of Ahmad Criag.. he plays at Buford and Jess coached him...

With all due respect to the staff, they do a very poor job keeping Plan B's on their radar and slow playing kids to that effect.

They recruit as if they are Bama and will hit on all/most of their top targets. When they try to get on other kids later on, many times it's too late or kids are set in their prior decision because UM did not cultivate any relationship. You've seen this at QB, RB, OL primarily this cycle.

It ends up having a drastic effect on the overall numbers and hurts depth. In Years 1-3 with Richt, Miami has been operating well-under the 85 scholarship limit. They typically have started each season around the 75-80 mark, not common around the country at all; it's a hidden probation for the program. Miami's essentially been playing with scholarship reductions and it doesn't look like Year 4 will be any better.

I wish there was a "Shaking my head" reaction button.

he was a Nova transfer to Chaminade. Though Nova is a pretty good public school so i dont know how bad his grades can really be
Yeah Nova is one of the better public schools and Chaminade (my alma mater) had really small class sizes, maybe it has changed, but it seemed like a good acdemic environment to me.

Advertisement
The Cloud is back
images.jpeg

LOL @ people who still follow recruiting as if it will be anything but horrendous.

They didn't even try to make an acceptable effort at QB. They targeted an Oregon upsider, ignored kids like Tai and when MJJ didnt work out, they shut it down. They had time to get on another kid, even one with less offers but some upside and try to work it. They didnt even try. The entire recruiting and management of that position has been negligent for a coach in Richt's position.

Advertisement
Which makes the recruit/player bashing so stupid. When has that ever helped us? It can only hurt us in the long run.

Bashing happens on a board like this for every program on the Earth's surface. That's not unique to Miami. Whatever school they sign with has a board full of people doing and saying these same things. Well, maybe every board doesn't have a @nystateofmind, but still, you get my drift. And it ain't gonna change. Fans are gonna fan.

And if the message boards are enough to override Miami's recruiting pitch, that's another indictment on the staff in my opinion.
If Richt and Co can't compete with negative comments on a CanesInsight Message Board, of course they can't compete with negative recruiting from their peers at Bama and UGA. That sounds pathetic.

Bashing happens on a board like this for every program on the Earth's surface. That's not unique to Miami. Whatever school they sign with has a board full of people doing and saying these same things. Well, maybe every board doesn't have a @nystateofmind, but still, you get my drift. And it ain't gonna change. Fans are gonna fan.

And if the message boards are enough to override Miami's recruiting pitch, that's another indictment on the staff in my opinion.
If Richt and Co can't compete with negative comments on a CanesInsight Message Board, of course they can't compete with negative recruiting from their peers at Bama and UGA. That sounds pathetic.

I don’t understand your point, friend.

Advertisement
Back