Sources tell me Cam Williams decomit eminent

Advertisement
I've talked about this with a few people lately.

With all due respect to the staff, they do a very poor job keeping Plan B's on their radar and slow playing kids to that effect.

They recruit as if they are Bama and will hit on all/most of their top targets. When they try to get on other kids later on, many times it's too late or kids are set in their prior decision because UM did not cultivate any relationship. You've seen this at QB, RB, OL primarily this cycle.

It ends up having a drastic effect on the overall numbers and hurts depth. In Years 1-3 with Richt, Miami has been operating well-under the 85 scholarship limit. They typically have started each season around the 75-80 mark, not common around the country at all; it's a hidden probation for the program. Miami's essentially been playing with scholarship reductions and it doesn't look like Year 4 will be any better.

They are being too honest with these kids. You gotta be a dog. Teams will pull offers last minute if needed.

With all due respect to the staff, they do a very poor job keeping Plan B's on their radar and slow playing kids to that effect.

They recruit as if they are Bama and will hit on all/most of their top targets. When they try to get on other kids later on, many times it's too late or kids are set in their prior decision because UM did not cultivate any relationship. You've seen this at QB, RB, OL primarily this cycle.

It ends up having a drastic effect on the overall numbers and hurts depth. In Years 1-3 with Richt, Miami has been operating well-under the 85 scholarship limit. They typically have started each season around the 75-80 mark, not common around the country at all; it's a hidden probation for the program. Miami's essentially been playing with scholarship reductions and it doesn't look like Year 4 will be any better.

I have noticed how many solid plan B kids we never seem to land when we need to. They seem to be tunnel vision and not be able to "read the tea leaves" and move on from a recruit when he is apparently ready to move on from them.

Advertisement
If this is because of bad grades and not qualifying, that may be an even bigger indictment against the staff. How do they not know that and why are they not planning for it? This guy is making Golden look like Schnellenberger.

If this is because of bad grades and not qualifying, that may be an even bigger indictment against the staff. How do they not know that and why are they not planning for it? This guy is making Golden look like Schnellenberger.

Just about to write this..... I know report cards came out recently but if grades are that bad, it isn't one quarter.......

Advertisement
The Pastor forgetting he doesn't have UGA bags to reel in the big fish..he needs to get a pocket fisherman to go fishing with and not deep sea tackle..

Advertisement

This is well said and I've hinted to it in other threads.

An off year is no reason to under shoot your class size by 5-7. We better see an all out run on some overlooked kids from early december thru signing day. Evaluate and get after it.

Also if the staff is on top of things and kid who's been committed what 9-10 months? There is no reason to be shocked...Plans for backup plans should be in motion.

Advertisement

The worst part about it.....HE DID THE SAME THING AT UGA. Check it out they continually were under 85

he was a Nova transfer to Chaminade. Though Nova is a pretty good public school so i dont know how bad his grades can really be

Advertisement
Back