Sony still deciding this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yearby is a great back but Sony is special. Sony is the best back in Florida since Duke.

Go **** yourself with this "evaluation" garbage. That's what it is.... garbage. You don't have to be a genius to see that Sony Michel is a special athlete, and the fact is he's been a Cane fan his whole life and grew up in South Florida.

NO EXCUSE for missing on this kid.

Best back since Duke lol you say that like it's some special achievement. You do know Duke is barely a year removed from HS.

You act like you dont understand the point though which is Sony is another once in a decade back like Duke Johnson.... I'd rather see that then the bs about Alex Collins being one of the GOATs, which for some reason so many ppl on here actually believe.... smh

once in a decade is debatable (can't keep getting knocked out in the first rd of the playoffs and become a legend). Kids supremely talented but you could argue (and for good reason) he wasn't even the best back in sfl last year so let's pump the breaks on the once in a decade stuff.

Well you obviously know jack **** about what you're talking about.

I'd neg your parents if I could

Advertisement
I keep coming on here for some news to get my hopes up for Sony. Maybe we can discuss whether Golden should be canonized or murdered after Sony announces? Perhaps we can discuss the quality of Bama's backs on another thread ...

We're making legitimate points, like if Golden doesn't get Sony Michel then Golden needs to be looked at long and hard and maybe we think about bringing in a coach who can recruit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can all agree that everyone wants Sony REALLY REALLY bad. I also agree that he has not made up his mind yet. I think he has a school that hes really leaning toward but is still weighing his options. If he is leaning toward GA I think he wakes up every morning wondering if he REALLY should be at UM instead. And if he is leaning toward UM, whether are not we get hit with sanctions and how bad it would be. (This is the only recruit on our board that I think the sanctions are messing with his head. Despite anything he says. What else could it be? Perfect scenario for him. Loved UM since he was in the 8th grade. Now all of a sudden he's not feelin us anymore? Not buying it. JMO)

As far as the ALA RBs. Lets not act like Trent Richardson went HAM this year. Buddy almost got benched halfway through the season. Alfred Morris ran circles around that guy. And Mark Ingram has been a total bust. Eddie Lacy..We shall see. I get what the poster is saying when he says that ALAs OL has helped those RBs TREMENDOUSLY.

What the porster is trying to say is.... losing SOny Michel doesn't matter, because as long as you have a good O Line, you'll be fine.

That kind of cop out mentality is nothing but a bunch of horse****. Sony Michel is an elite, once in a decade RB.... he grew up a fan, and he has visited campus a ton of times.

If Al Golden can't close the deal, why should he get a pass? That' BS. Quit making excuses every time Golden fails.

I think we can all agree that everyone wants Sony REALLY REALLY bad. I also agree that he has not made up his mind yet. I think he has a school that hes really leaning toward but is still weighing his options. If he is leaning toward GA I think he wakes up every morning wondering if he REALLY should be at UM instead. And if he is leaning toward UM, whether are not we get hit with sanctions and how bad it would be. (This is the only recruit on our board that I think the sanctions are messing with his head. Despite anything he says. What else could it be? Perfect scenario for him. Loved UM since he was in the 8th grade. Now all of a sudden he's not feelin us anymore? Not buying it. JMO)

As far as the ALA RBs. Lets not act like Trent Richardson went HAM this year. Buddy almost got benched halfway through the season. Alfred Morris ran circles around that guy. And Mark Ingram has been a total bust. Eddie Lacy..We shall see. I get what the poster is saying when he says that ALAs OL has helped those RBs TREMENDOUSLY.

What the porster is trying to say is.... losing SOny Michel doesn't matter, because as long as you have a good O Line, you'll be fine.

That kind of cop out mentality is nothing but a bunch of horse****. Sony Michel is an elite, once in a decade RB.... he grew up a fan, and he has visited campus a ton of times.

If Al Golden can't close the deal, why should he get a pass? That' BS. Quit making excuses every time Golden fails.

Smh, one more time so you can understand. An offensive line blocks for a running back. A bad offensive line will make a running back fail. A great offensive line will make a running bck good. A great offensive line with a great running back and you have a heisman winner. A running back has success based off of the offensive line and the line we have this year and the future will make a running back successful whether it's Sony or any really talented running back in the country

Wait, if Sony is once in a decade then what is Duke............. i mean they are playing in the same decade sooooooooo?

Advertisement
Yearby is a great back but Sony is special. Sony is the best back in Florida since Duke.

Go **** yourself with this "evaluation" garbage. That's what it is.... garbage. You don't have to be a genius to see that Sony Michel is a special athlete, and the fact is he's been a Cane fan his whole life and grew up in South Florida.

NO EXCUSE for missing on this kid.

Best back since Duke lol you say that like it's some special achievement. You do know Duke is barely a year removed from HS.

You act like you dont understand the point though which is Sony is another once in a decade back like Duke Johnson.... I'd rather see that then the bs about Alex Collins being one of the GOATs, which for some reason so many ppl on here actually believe.... smh

once in a decade is debatable (can't keep getting knocked out in the first rd of the playoffs and become a legend). Kids supremely talented but you could argue (and for good reason) he wasn't even the best back in sfl last year so let's pump the breaks on the once in a decade stuff.

Well you obviously know jack **** about what you're talking about.

Lol buddy I know you don't have a clue about sfl football or Sony Michel.

Not that it will come down to it, but forced to pick between Sony and Clark, I'm picking Clark

Wait, if Sony is once in a decade then what is Duke............. i mean they are playing in the same decade sooooooooo?

I guess a decade is 1-3 years for some people. Does anyone think Sony is better than Duke? I personally think individually, Duke has had a nearly perfect college career so far.

I guess a decade is 1-3 years for some people. Does anyone think Sony is better than Duke? I personally think individually, Duke has had a nearly perfect college career so far.
I can't compare if Sony hasn't even played his senior year of High School that's the thing and i think Sony is special but I have to see him play his best season of all this year and then still be a monster in college before i say "once a decade".

Advertisement
Trent Richardson was fine last year, even though he was being ran into the ground after offseason knee injury that left him unable to get into the flow or get any sort of preseason action. He was only pulled for severe rib and sternum injuries that required a protective vest, rendering him ineffective; he admitted he probably shouldn't have even suited up. Lulz at the idea that he was some sort of let down last year.

This is him prior to that injury:
96.gif

Take a look at pics before he got to Bama, during bama, and now in the nfl where they test for drugs.... Massive difference, he had the best line in football at bama, period. Google the pics of him, wonder why he could bench over 500lbs at bama, probably couldn't do 400 now. Duke at bama a couple years ago would have run for 200 a game. Ever wonder why Al running backs under perform at the next level? It's pretty easy to see why.

Trent Richardson was fine last year, even though he was being ran into the ground after offseason knee injury that left him unable to get into the flow or get any sort of preseason action. He was only pulled for severe rib and sternum injuries that required a protective vest, rendering him ineffective; he admitted he probably shouldn't have even suited up. Lulz at the idea that he was some sort of let down last year.

This is him prior to that injury:
96.gif

Take a look at pics before he got to Bama, during bama, and now in the nfl where they test for drugs.... Massive difference, he had the best line in football at bama, period. Google the pics of him, wonder why he could bench over 500lbs at bama, probably couldn't do 400 now. Duke at bama a couple years ago would have run for 200 a game. Ever wonder why Al running backs under perform at the next level? It's pretty easy to see why.
Exactly, I mean they just pick a rb and he gets 1200 yards in his sleep that is the offensive line. Imagine if UM had that type of line last year, Mike and Duke would be over a thousand yards and Duke would've broken even more records. Now, look at the potential the line has this year and the future

Not even close! He can come in and prove me wrong, but I don't think it's close. Let's see him beat out Yearby, good luck with that too. I am in the Yearby is a great back camp, does it against great competition day in day out.

I keep coming on here for some news to get my hopes up for Sony. Maybe we can discuss whether Golden should be canonized or murdered after Sony announces? Perhaps we can discuss the quality of Bama's backs on another thread ...

We're making legitimate points, like if Golden doesn't get Sony Michel then Golden needs to be looked at long and hard and maybe we think about bringing in a coach who can recruit.

Looks like you want to ***** about Golden so bad, you can't even wait for a reason. I'm not looking to give Golden a pass, nor am I ready to attack him. I'll wait on some facts. If Sony doesn't come, I'd sure like to hear why before I decide we were out-worked or otherwise effed up.

Advertisement
**** Bama and **** TRich but that kid had a good year last year. Anyone says otherwise didn't have the displeasure of watching the Browns offense. Brandon Weeden is retarded for real.

Duke is the once in a decade player! Let's see how Sony does in college before you crown him.

Dude, calm down. A single recruit does not decide a coach's future. It would be terrible to lose him, but wait for the reasons on why if he does choose to go somewhere else. Sony has said he likes how UGA uses their RBs. Oh, and we do have a cloud hanging over us that has become even more confusing and Sony may not want to deal with that. Nothing Golden can do about that.

If Golden sat around twiddling his thumbs and just assumed Sony was going to commit no matter what, then you may have a point. But I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt that is the case. Those unofficials he's taken? Guarantee Golden was behind those. But who knows.

Oh, and the phrase "once in a decade talent" has been thrown around way too much in this thread, and probably needs to stop.

Advertisement
I'll be honest, I didn't watch him in the pro's. I did see pics of him with the Browns, looked small compared to when he was at Bama. Looks like he had 3.6 yds per carry, 63 ypg as a brown. Stats looks pretty average to me.

**** Bama and **** TRich but that kid had a good year last year. Anyone says otherwise didn't have the displeasure of watching the Browns offense. Brandon Weeden is retarded for real.

I swear we have a disproportionate amount of stupid fans compared to other schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back