Sony 4:30 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lt. Philip Nolan ‏@TheStateOfTheU 13m Maybe too little too late, but you can't say the staff isn't working. Birdie says Golden and almost entire staff on the way to meet Sony

I am pretty sure that would be a violation for Golden to meet with Sony unless it is on UM's campus

I am pretty sure you just pulled that out of your *** - which generally has things going in instead of out of it.

How many head coaches have you heard of making visits right now during spring evals?
http://canesinsight.com/threads/48935-UM-Academic-Requirements-amp-Recruiting-Dates

i couldn't seem to find the parameters on coaches visiting recruits this time of year in that thread.

Lt. Philip Nolan ‏@TheStateOfTheU 13m Maybe too little too late, but you can't say the staff isn't working. Birdie says Golden and almost entire staff on the way to meet Sony

I am pretty sure that would be a violation for Golden to meet with Sony unless it is on UM's campus

I am pretty sure you just pulled that out of your *** - which generally has things going in instead of out of it.

How many head coaches have you heard of making visits right now during spring evals?
Ummm how about Saban? Visited this kid I'm working with who is not even an upperclassmen. I have pics to prove it.

Advertisement

Ummm how about Saban? Visited this kid I'm working with who is not even an upperclassmen. I have pics to prove it.
Maybe there is some grey area.
http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/mars/g...all-Policy-and-Procedures_0211-CHECK-OVER.pdf

http://canesinsight.com/threads/48935-UM-Academic-Requirements-amp-Recruiting-Dates

i couldn't seem to find the parameters on coaches visiting recruits this time of year in that thread.
Class of 2014 Recruiting Dates
February 8 through April 14, 2013 — Quiet Period.
April 15 through May 31, 2013 Evaluation Period for Class of 2014:
During the evaluation period (4/15/13 through 5/31/13) college staffs have approximately 30 days to conduct both athletic and academic
evaluations of potential recruits. Days not used for evaluation during this time window are otherwise considered "quiet."

June 1, 2013 through July 31, 2013 — Quiet Period.

Alex Collins
Sony Michel

Sleuths, find the common thread between the two and you have your answer.

Sony's living with Gatewood? WTF!

they have the same trainer and he's pushing them to the SEC for $$$$...

Wow. :ohlord: not sure if serious? If you want to put "blame" on anyone put it on Alexs high school coach. Gatewood had more influence on this than ANYONE. Lol Alex lied to his mom and blood fam about which college he was choosing, what dies that tell you Gatewood and his wife are good friends with a coach up there. Honestly, I have no problem with a trainer helping a kid out with the recruiting process and giving them suggestions as to where they should go to ms amiss and display their talents. As long as te trainer isn't getting paid just to push a kid somewhere. This can be a multi million dollar and college BA decision for these kids, or a decision that sees them have to transfer and go back to the hood and HOPE for another opportunity to pay ball again. That's what is sold. I've seen FIRSTHAND a couple of kids told by a guy who trains kids, played in the league(NFL and Arena when it still.....) and knows what it takes to get there that going to UM might not be the best choice.

Advertisement
Funny I said that speedzone recruit trainer had a hand in Sony recruitment weeks ago and now people are saying this everywhere. I know he used to post here.. Sony will probably pick UGA but can't fault Golden and staff for not trying they have done everything already...

During the evaluation period (4/15/13 through 5/31/13) college staffs have approximately 30 days to conduct both athletic and academic
evaluations of potential recruits. Days not used for evaluation during this time window are otherwise considered "quiet."

that is not detailed enough it doesn't address Head coaches. It is not a major violation so it is worth it anyway to Golden

Can the entire staff visiting American Heritage today be considered "conducting an athletic and academic evaluation"?

Alex Collins
Sony Michel

Wow. :ohlord: not sure if serious? If you want to put "blame" on anyone put it on Alexs high school coach. Gatewood had more influence on this than ANYONE. Lol Alex lied to his mom and blood fam about which college he was choosing, what dies that tell you Gatewood and his wife are good friends with a coach up there. Honestly, I have no problem with a trainer helping a kid out with the recruiting process and giving them suggestions as to where they should go to ms amiss and display their talents. As long as te trainer isn't getting paid just to push a kid somewhere. This can be a multi million dollar and college BA decision for these kids, or a decision that sees them have to transfer and go back to the hood and HOPE for another opportunity to pay ball again. That's what is sold. I've seen FIRSTHAND a couple of kids told by a guy who trains kids, played in the league(NFL and Arena when it still.....) and knows what it takes to get there that going to UM might not be the best choice.

And Arkansas and Georgia are? Please.

Advertisement
If Sony commits elsewhere tomorrow, does anyone think it is from lack of effort?

Of course not but the fact is he still wouldnt be a Cane. The effort is great but at some time you need results. Having said that I refuse to believe he is going to UGA

Alex Collins
Sony Michel

TP, do you mind elaborating? What was his reasoning?

Advertisement
We are a Non-Profit organization geared to help student athletes with getting exposure for an opportunity to further their education and getting a possible scholarship. The main objective is to bridge the gap between university and student athlete. We have help with getting numerous student athletes with college placement since 2009. SZR is a driving force in various communities and we have a commitment to not just help but to refer these student athletes to a reliable for any needs that they need. "It's Never To Early for Exposure."

http://speedzonerecruits.wix.com/szr
per speed zone. sounds legit

really curious how does a non profit make it with this business model

Last edited:
Color me in the small camp thats really happy with Yearby no matter what Sony does. Never seen a less anticipated top 5 RB commit in my life, everybodys got eyes for Cook and Sony but we have a super star blue chip recruit at that position already. Playing with the houses money, theres only one ball.

Sony is nasty but RB is a position where you can find talent and I'm not gonna cry if we don't land him. I'd be more upset if we lost Clark, I'd really probably flip my ****

We have the NCAA by the balls. Not too worried about it.

Besides, rumor has it that UGA talked to Sony's brother while he was still enrolled at UMASS. That's a bigger violation.

So is the fact they are visiting him a good or bad sign?

Or neither?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back