Sony 4:30 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaneShades

Junior
http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-...ould-be-monster-week-uga-football-recruiting/

This could be the biggest week in UGA football recruiting since ... a couple of classes ago.
This week, the Bulldogs are strong contenders to land two of the nation’s top prospects at their respective positions – and both are from out of state.
Jeb Blazevich, a 4-star tight end from Charlotte, will pick UGA, Ole Miss or Clemson within the next few days.
The bigger prize, 5-star tailback Sony Michel of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., will] announce at 4:30 p.m. Friday on ESPNU[/B][/B] between UGA, Miami, Notre Dame, Florida State and Florida.
This past year, UGA signed 33 players but missed on its big-name targets. If the Bulldogs land both Blazevich and Michel, it would be the team’s highest-profile recruits since Josh Harvey-Clemons, Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall toward the end of the 2012 recruiting cycle.
“This could be a huge week for Georgia,” said 247sports.com’s Rusty Mansell. “Recruiting is a lot about momentum. If they can get these two kids, it could really get some things rolling. Both (Michel and Blazevich) are big-time prospects, kids that other recruits want to be around.”
Blazevich is ranked as the No. 5 tight end in the nation in the 247 composite rankings (which combine ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247sports). He was named MVP at WR at the recent Atlanta Nike Camp – which is a rarity for a tight end.
“I mean, with our Crystal Ball feature on 247sports, that pretty much tells you what we think,” said Mansell, explaining his UGA prediction with Blazevich.
“Last week, we really started hearing more and more about Georgia around him. We think Georgia has a good shot at being his pick this week.”
Said Jake Rowe of UGASports.com: “I feel like Georgia is in good shape. It seems like Georgia or Clemson is going to be the school. I think the difference is (UGA tight ends coach) John Lilly. He’s struck up a good relationship with Jeb and has Georgia in good position. It wouldn’t surprise me if Jeb ended up at Ole Miss or Clemson, but at this point I expect him to pick Georgia.”
Meanwhile, Michel will likely be the biggest celebrity recruit at any school he selects. He is the nation’s No. 2 tailback in the composite rankings. Many recruiting analysts are projecting Michel to UGA in a close battle with the hometown area school, Miami.
“The team to beat has to be Georgia,” Rowe said. “I know it’s tough to leave South Florida, and there’s a lot of pressure for Sony to stay there. But, as we’ve seen the last few years, running backs from that area don’t mind leaving. From talking to people close to (Michel), it would be a surprise if Georgia didn’t get him.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Once again no reason as to why he's going to UGA so let's not even get started again

"From talking to people close to (Michel), it would be a surprise if Georgia didn’t get him.”

whatever that means

Constantly on campus, life long "fan"

Best O line in the country

Could play with Duke and Yearby

Could play in front of his family instead of making them take the long *** drive

And yet he is going to pick Georgia

Recruiting is some **** huh

Could play in front of his family instead of making them take the long *** drive

Visited UM way more then UGA and was in attendence when 2 of the biggest offensive lineman in not just the state but the country commit but that doesn't matter i guess

Advertisement
Best news of the day. No signing day drama. If he commits to Miami.....GREAT!!! If not, we have a whole year to work on him. Either way, I don't think his recruitment will end on Friday..

This would be a bigger headscratcher then the cheerleader.

Golden's been recruiting the kid since the 8th grade lol

I'll believe it when I see it.

No meltdown from me if he goes to UGA though. A good year on the field could change his mind even if he says he's solid. And if 9 or 10 wins and an ACC title or possible National Title isn't good enough then I'm sure it will be for some top OOS RB.

I say Cane though. Too many things in our favor.

Another thing also. I live in GA and most people around here still think we're gonna get hammered Penn St. style so I wouldn't be surprised if those UGA recruiting guys assume that is in their favor. Maybe it is since a kid like Sony still doesn't know. Another thing time will take care of.

The thing is, recruiting decisions don't have to make sense to you or me or anyone in that matter except the 17 year old who makes that decision. A 17 year old. That's why I don't let recruiting get to me. It's entertaining to watch I can tell you that.

Advertisement

obviously we know that but we don't see whats going on secretly between UGA and Sony.... It just seems shady a kid can be on UM campus that many times and know he will play next year and most likely start his soph year like Miller but hey it's RB like I said they don't make the difference for a overall team.. DT,CB,QB those are the most important positions on a team. If we get Clark,Gilliard,Valentine,Lammons even half those guys this board slowly and slowly forgets about Sony.. Especially if Cook gives UM a chance to flip him he already said UM will be in his final three with UF and Clemson.

Naturally people will freak out without realizing that was written by an ATL paper.

Advertisement
At this time 4 days from now this will be done with. Color me happy for that fact alone.

Let the meltdown begin

Imagine the full on ****storm that would be blowing through here if Yearby was still solid to FSU.

4:40 PM on Friday

"Fire Carroll, WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE HERE?"

"Fire Coley, I THOUGHT THIS GUY COULD RECRUIT, AZIZ?"

"Fire Golden, HE CAN'T EVEN GET TWO TOP 5 PLAYERS AT THE SAME POSITION? GTFO."

"Fire Jethro, BECAUSE **** IT."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back