Sony 4:30 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many more dudes do we have to hear about that Miami is their favorite school, but some never-was SEC program is where he wants to play. I hope Mark Emmert gets hit by a bus.

Advertisement
Just read Georgia's board they don't have a thread about Sony? They are going to be surprised tomorrow? Ya think!

I'll add to the rumor mill:

Some guy on the UGA Rivals board who is supposedly "close to the program" said that their coaches think Sony is 55% miami and that his family wanting him to be closer to home is going to win out, so he's not going to pick UGA.

Also, apparently the ND moderators on their board spoke to ND coaches, and the ND coaches think he's going to UGA.

Verdict: No one freaking knows what the **** he's going to do.

Some guy on the UGA Rivals board who is supposedly "close to the program" said that their coaches think Sony is 55% miami and that his family wanting him to be closer to home is going to win out, so he's not going to pick UGA.

Also, apparently the ND moderators on their board spoke to ND coaches, and the ND coaches think he's going to UGA.

1 day away so everybody stop worrying

Advertisement

1 day away from being a year away...

1 day away from being a year away...
9 months away to be exact but you right

5-star RB Sony Michel's recruitment began in earnest as an eighth-grader, when he starred on the varsity.

Now, almost four years later, Michel is close to ending his recruiting process.

And while Michel has shut down his media interviews, his brother-in-law Allen Pinder shed some light on the inner workings as Michel works to hammer out a decision.

Pinder said Michel will make his announcement Friday at 4:45 p.m. on an ESPN affiliate.

"It's a dream of his to be on ESPN making his decision," Pinder said. "I'm real excited for him to do it. He's excited to get it over with. It's going to be a great moment. It's something he's always dreamed about, being able to make his decision on national TV."

Pinder says the announcement will take a lot of weight off Michel's shoulders.

"As the process kept on going and going, it's getting tiring because he's been doing it so long," Pinder said.

Miami is very much in Michel's picture, along with Georgia and Notre Dame. Asked if speculation that it's really a UM-Georgia battle is accurate, Pinder said he only knew that others also under consideration were Notre Dame, Florida and Florida State.

"He came back from Notre Dame (on Sunday) - I don't know what he'll do," Pinder said. "Sony, he has his own mind. He's giving everyone a fair shot."

Does the family root for him to pick one school over another?

"Me personally I would love for him to stay close to home," Pinder said. "He'd be a drive away. But as a person that knows him, I leave it all in his hands. It's `You have to make your own decisions, choices, it's your life.' But he knows (Miami), that would be the perfect thing for me."

Michel grew up a Cane fan, and UM was his first offer.

"He got that Miami offer in eighth grade, it was his first offer," Pinder said. "He got it from coach (Tommie) Robinson. It was his first time ever hearing anything like that - it gave him a lot of confidence in himself, like `Wow!'"

Pinder said his advice to Michel throughout recruiting is that "School's his first priority. I told him stay focused on school, that football comes after that."

Michel has heeded that - he has a 3.7 grade-point average.

While Michel has handled his recruitment well, staying humble, Pinder says something many don't realize is just how tough it was for him to come back from the knee injury he suffered as a sophomore.

"That last year was especially tough," Pinder said. "Coming off a knee injury - it wasn't as easy as everybody thinks. It's tough. Being at that level coming back from a knee injury, having to gain his confidence back, he had his times (that were hard). But Sony is Sony."

Is it strange realizing the process is now coming to an end?

"Yeah, especially since he's been getting recruited since eighth grade," Pinder said.

So what kind of chance does Pinder think UM has to land Michel?

"They have a great chance," Pinder said. "he likes the whole coaching staff - we were down there a couple of weekends ago. I think they have a real good shot. We'll have to wait to see."

Regardless of which program Michel chooses, Pinder says "I'm going to be proud, I'm going to be happy."

* Pinder also said that Sony's brother, Marken, will transfer from UMass but that it's unclear what his college destination will be.

This basically repeats everything we have known, his family wants him close to home and Sony hasn't told anybody where he is going. Only new thing I learned is that we have to wait an extra 15 minutes for his decision since everybody has been saying 4:30 lol

Here is why these are all BS. At this point, nobody is X% to a school. The recruit knows at this point (because the set date is tomorrow) where they are going. It is so unlikely that a kid would set a date to commit and only be X% sure. The BS percentage they throw out is wiggle room.

Then again after the fact (after the commitment) we all know a kid could be only Y% committed to a school since kids don't know what a commitment means.

Advertisement
the early commitment date + history with Miami (frequent visits, player relationships, etc) + close to home and family wanting him close = Most likely a Cane

those are the only real FACTS that we have. everything else is internet BS. yeah maybe UGA is trying to take his brother as bait and maybe it will work BUT we dont really know that stuff

all we know is that he set an early commitment date, lives close to UM, goes to UM all the time, usually early commit kids go for the home team,....

"Me personally I would love for him to stay close to home," Pinder said. "He'd be a drive away. But as a person that knows him, I leave it all in his hands. It's `You have to make your own decisions, choices, it's your life.' But he knows (Miami), that would be the perfect thing for me."

Dude is gonna troll his whole family and make them drive a day to see him lolz
Not even funny. **** makes me sad as ****.

the early commitment date + history with Miami (frequent visits, player relationships, etc) + close to home and family wanting him close = Most likely a Cane

those are the only real FACTS that we have. everything else is internet BS. yeah maybe UGA is trying to take his brother as bait and maybe it will work BUT we dont really know that stuff

all we know is that he set an early commitment date, lives close to UM, goes to UM all the time, usually early commit kids go for the home team,....

Logic, I love it. Please post more.

Tip you make some great logical points and I agree with you 9000%, the problem is that as we all know, logic frequently does not apply to recruiting

Advertisement

You are missing one major factor UGA wants their RB commits early and are not saving spots. I know some people will say they will save a spot for Sony till NSD. This is UGA they are not saving a spot at RB this year for anybody. They got burned last year and they do not want that to happen again.

You are missing one major factor UGA wants their RB commits early and are not saving spots. I know some people will say they will save a spot for Sony till NSD. This is UGA they are not saving a spot at RB this year for anybody. They got burned last year and they do not want that to happen again.

you're an idiot if you think they wont take Sony at the last minute even if they have other RBs committed. He is arguably the most sought after RB talent to come out of the area that produces the most talent at RBs in the nation.... EVERYONE would save a spot for him and if they don't, then its a good example of why Richt has never and will never win a ship

Advertisement

Heres something else to think of Sony who at least from what Pete said is going to continue his recruitment till NSD and that will be interesting to see what will UGA do? Be Texas and drop him or go hard for other rbs so they don't get burned again.

you're an idiot if you think they wont take Sony at the last minute even if they have other RBs committed. He is arguably the most sought after RB talent to come out of the area that produces the most talent at RBs in the nation.... EVERYONE would save a spot for him and if they don't, then its a good example of why Richt has never and will never win a ship
They have limited numbers this year they are not saving spots. Plus the other kids they are in the running for are also elite RB's. They did the same with the TE position they told 2 kids whoever commits first gets the spot Jeb committed on ESPNU this week so now Herschel Walker's nephew has to find another school

Heres something else to think of Sony who at least from what Pete said is going to continue his recruitment till NSD and that will be interesting to see what will UGA do? Be Texas and drop him or go hard for other rbs so they don't get burned again.

I read Deeb (Sony teammate) told Notre Dame people that we will really find out where Sony is going on NSD. Sounds like he wants to hold a spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back