Sony 4:30 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I am a huge fan of Golden, but I believe it's fair to call him out when he screws up and letting Sony get away would be a huge *****-up. You have to win these battles to have a chance to be elite again, plain and simple.

You are spot on but it is more than just that. If that corny *** cheer leader named Collins was a Cane right now then I would not care as much with Yearby in the fold, but he isn't. It's one thing to miss on an elite prospect that is local and grew up a Cane. It's an entirely different when it is at a position we have needs at. We need RBs, plain and simple. Yearby is a great start, but we need another Yearby(talent wise), and missing on Cook and Michel then becomes unacceptable.

You can't force anybody to "commit" which is all it is a commit and nobody has signed. Just think of all the recruits that we had who got flipped and how we flipped Artie last year, we flipped Gus Edwards, we basically flipped Griffin who was suposedly a die hard A&M fan and of course AQM who was a "ND lock". Cook let's be real he isn't sticking to UF right now it just isn't who he is so it's a little less then a year to go everybody just be patient

You are right it isnt over til NSD, but I never said anything about forcing a commit. AQM, Burns and the examples you gave were recruiting wins for us, and you give credit where credit is dues but it goes both ways. Griffin is still a big TBD recruit. I cant put him in the category of a win just yet...

Sony choosing UGA is gonna be regarded as a fail because of the timing and the relevance of the decision. Sony is a big big name down here that other kids will pay attention to what he does. If Sony announces for us come Friday, the momentum would be huge for us. A signal to other S Florida kids that we have something special brewing and a return to prominence is imminent. If he chooses UGA, then the exact opposite happens, especially in light of what happened last cycle. The fence is down and anybody can come in here and take top flight kids as they please.
Spot on bobby, read my mind

I agree, huge in terms of momentum. These type of big time early commits coupled with hopefully a successful 2013 season could be the beginning of something special in 2014 and beyond.

IF Golden and staff did agree to bring Marken in on a financial aid package to lock up Sony, would anyone disagree or be have a problem with UM doing that. Would you consider a move like that a "sec" tactic, etc.......

Id have to go ahead and sorta....have a problem with that as it would have been impermissible contact and therefore a violation.

//as if we needed more of that ****.

I am a huge fan of Golden, but I believe it's fair to call him out when he screws up and letting Sony get away would be a huge *****-up. You have to win these battles to have a chance to be elite again, plain and simple.

I wouldn't disagree with you if you listed things Golden should be doing that he's not.

The thing is.. Golden has done everything right with Sony.

-Has made him priority #1 for the 2014 class since day 1 on the job-
-Stuck by Sony after Sony tore his ACL-
-Has invited Sony to every home game, and when Sony shows up (majority of time) Golden is always making it known Sony is priority #1-
-Has charmed the family-

you mix all that with the fact Sony grew up a Cane fan.. what else could he of done IF Sony picks UGA.
That's my point. Many here are saying he failed but they can never say what he was supposed to do or what they would have done differently. For the gator on this board and others to say Golden is not perfect implies that we say he is, which couldn't be farther from the truth. The fact remains though he has done a better job recruiting-given the hand he was dealt- than most observers expected.

I'd rather have a head coach who can develop and coach the **** out of my players than a recruiting monster. Saban isn't the most like able guy and he gets just about anyone he wants because he has proven he can win and put guys in the league.

Advertisement
Take it FWIW Coach Donofrio and Hurlie Brown made their way down to American Heritage today to no avail.. Sony was not interested in talking to any coaches. Not just Miami coaches but he claims he is done being recruited and is just waiting to announce on Friday.. Hold on to your seats folks this one will definitely be interesting!

Take it FWIW Coach Donofrio and Hurlie Brown made their way down to American Heritage today to no avail.. Sony was not interested in talking to any coaches. Not just Miami coaches but he claims he is done being recruited and is just waiting to announce on Friday.. Hold on to your seats folks this one will definitely be interesting!

So Golden wouldn't go but Donofrio instead went? Are you sure you aren't just a bull**** troll

Hard to believe he wouldn't talk to his "future coaches" if he was gonna commit to us. Doesn't look good to me.

Advertisement
Why would Sony be so desperate to get his brother a scholarship when his brother already has a scholarship at UMass?

Makes no sense that he'd announce this early if it wasn't for the local school. Why subject yourself to local abuse for a year when you don't have to? Why not just wait till the end if you're planning on leaving town?

His brother has left the team, right?

he's picking UGA it hurts but Miami will definitely land another 4 or 5 star back it's freaking april and prospects aren't even done with their jr years yet..

he's picking UGA it hurts but Miami will definitely land another 4 or 5 star back it's freaking april and prospects aren't even done with their jr years yet..

I been saying this forever that its 10 months away but i guarantee a full on meldown here and just for clarifications
Peter Ariz ‏@P_Ariz3 22 Apr
Spoke to someone close to Sony Michel tonight. Whichever school he picks on Friday, his recruitment will not be over until signing day.
Pete even says it isn't over

Advertisement

I been saying this forever that its 10 months away but i guarantee a full on meldown here and just for clarifications
Peter Ariz ‏@P_Ariz3 22 Apr
Spoke to someone close to Sony Michel tonight. Whichever school he picks on Friday, his recruitment will not be over until signing day.
Pete even says it isn't over

Why would it be? Y'all never learn. There will be a lot of flip floppin before NSD. Who gives a flyin ****!!

So Sony is announcing on ESPNU against his home team that he loves without giving Golden the respect of telling him to his face? Golden needs to find a way to win 10-12 games this year, that Florida game is the biggest in years, a must win game!

Advertisement
So Sony is announcing on ESPNU against his home team that he loves without giving Golden the respect of telling him to his face? Golden needs to find a way to win 10-12 games this year, that Florida game is the biggest in years, a must win game!

IMO Sony to Uga = sell out

Why would Sony be so desperate to get his brother a scholarship when his brother already has a scholarship at UMass?

Makes no sense that he'd announce this early if it wasn't for the local school. Why subject yourself to local abuse for a year when you don't have to? Why not just wait till the end if you're planning on leaving town?

While I don't know anything about his brother, why commit early if you don't want to be harassed for 10 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back