Sony 4:30 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when you guys do that. How do you know they are throwing a tone of money at him? Just because the kid wants to go there, does not mean that he is being paid. This post is pathetic, The kid has to do what is best for himself, at the end of the day it is his body. Stop making assumptions.
lol@ this outside influences ****, why does every fanbase do this when they lose a recruit?

uga has limited schollies and is taking at most 2 receivers, sony'd bro is not going to uga so i don't know where that is coming from. i guess its similar to how cook was supposedly shopping himself, and now that miami is in the picture what, he's suddenly stopped? the **** y'all will say to make yourselves feel better about losing a kid...

Lol yeah that excuse is BS.... So UGA has called in the "Bag men" to reel Sony in even though they have 2 elite RBs already. but they forget to cut the checks for all the defensive beasts that they couldnt keep in state last year????? NOT BUYING IT.

true ****. uga signed like 2 of the top 10 players in their state last year. so they're throwing bags of money at sony but none at those guys? ok then.

Advertisement
Anybody have semi recent pics of Sony in canes gear? Seems to be a bunch of him in UGA gear on Instagram.

19 pages and there still 2 days left :ohlord: How many pages does this reach before his decision?

After seeing Lammons call out this board on twitter, I want to remind everyone that we should continue to show Yearby some love. Whether you guys like it or not, kids care about what fan boards say about them. If Yearby thinks he's being overlooked by the Miami fanbase (yes a single board has the ability to do that) then who know what will happen. I know it sounds ridiculous but thats what its come to in terms of social media and the internetz.

So while we all obviously have wanted Sony since day one, we'll see what happens Friday and then see what happens come NSD. Until then, we need to support the dudes who are committed to us and have us at the #8 ESPN Recruiting ranking because of their commitments.

Yearby's film is unbelievable. The kid is an absolute stud, and maybe if Sony weren't in this class people might actually take a minute to realize that. Either way, he's an absolute playmaker and gem to have as a RB even if we were to only take on. The kids a baller. Lets not forget that, and lets not forget to show him love ALL THE TIME for being COMMITTED to the Miami Hurricanes.

Lets rep and defend our own before we cry and ***** about players that are committed elsewhere.

Advertisement
19 pages and there still 2 days left :ohlord: How many pages does this reach before his decision?

this board will crash when he picks UGA and the funny part is we all know he's picking UGA but the trolls will just spam and clutter the board for the **** of it..

After seeing Lammons call out this board on twitter, I want to remind everyone that we should continue to show Yearby some love. Whether you guys like it or not, kids care about what fan boards say about them. If Yearby thinks he's being overlooked by the Miami fanbase (yes a single board has the ability to do that) then who know what will happen. I know it sounds ridiculous but thats what its come to in terms of social media and the internetz.

So while we all obviously have wanted Sony since day one, we'll see what happens Friday and then see what happens come NSD. Until then, we need to support the dudes who are committed to us and have us at the #8 ESPN Recruiting ranking because of their commitments.

Yearby's film is unbelievable. The kid is an absolute stud, and maybe if Sony weren't in this class people might actually take a minute to realize that. Either way, he's an absolute playmaker and gem to have as a RB even if we were to only take on. The kids a baller. Lets not forget that, and lets not forget to show him love ALL THE TIME for being COMMITTED to the Miami Hurricanes.

Lets rep and defend our own before we cry and **** about players that are committed elsewhere.
YO Joe, the fact that your a cane puts you ahead of anyone else automatically, if a kid doesn't want to stay home, rep his city, and help bring the U back, thats his ******* problem, but you my man, you get it

Advertisement
Why the **** do I continually open this thread thinking there will be something in here besides bull ****?

If the Mods don't lock this I'm setting the O/U 40.5 pages by his announcement. I'm betting over

If Sony Michel wants to attend UGA, so be it. It's his decision and his future. Not every local recruit wants to remain in South Florida for four years.

The coaches have done everything in their power to convince Sony to sign with UM. They can't club him over the head.

There are plenty of other quality running backs we can recruit. The loss of Sony would be a temporary setback.

Under the circumstances, Golden and his staff have done an exemplary job of recruiting. They deserve to be praised for their tireless efforts. Golden is already harvesting a huge class for 2014. Come national signing day, UM will certainly rank in the top 10 and probably in the top 5. Imagine how the recruits will beat a path to our door when UM starts winning big again. And that day is coming soon.

- CAT5 Cane

Advertisement
If Sony Michel wants to attend UGA, so be it. It's his decision and his future. Not every local recruit wants to remain in South Florida for four years.

The coaches have done everything in their power to convince Sony to sign with UM. They can't club him over the head.

There are plenty of other quality running backs we can recruit. The loss of Sony would be a temporary setback.

Under the circumstances, Golden and his staff have done an exemplary job of recruiting. They deserve to be praised for their tireless efforts. Golden is already harvesting a huge class for 2014. Come national signing day, UM will certainly rank in the top 10 and probably in the top 5. Imagine how the recruits will beat a path to our door when UM starts winning big again. And that day is coming soon.

- CAT5 Cane

AL?

Last edited:
Just read a article where Sony other brother said the one from Umass will transfer to whatever school Sony chooses. Sounds like the rumors were true. He is gone, prepare for it. UGA it is

Just read a article where Sony other brother said the one from Umass will transfer to whatever school Sony chooses. Sounds like the rumors were true. He is gone, prepare for it. UGA it is

Link or gtfo

Advertisement
5-star RB Sony Michel's recruitment began in earnest as an eighth-grader, when he starred on the varsity.

Now, almost four years later, Michel is close to ending his recruiting process.

And while Michel has shut down his media interviews, his brother-in-law Allen Pinder shed some light on the inner workings as Michel works to hammer out a decision.

Pinder said Michel will make his announcement Friday at 4:45 p.m. on an ESPN affiliate.

"It's a dream of his to be on ESPN making his decision," Pinder said. "I'm real excited for him to do it. He's excited to get it over with. It's going to be a great moment. It's something he's always dreamed about, being able to make his decision on national TV."

Pinder says the announcement will take a lot of weight off Michel's shoulders.

"As the process kept on going and going, it's getting tiring because he's been doing it so long," Pinder said.

Miami is very much in Michel's picture, along with Georgia and Notre Dame. Asked if speculation that it's really a UM-Georgia battle is accurate, Pinder said he only knew that others also under consideration were Notre Dame, Florida and Florida State.

"He came back from Notre Dame (on Sunday) - I don't know what he'll do," Pinder said. "Sony, he has his own mind. He's giving everyone a fair shot."

Does the family root for him to pick one school over another?

"Me personally I would love for him to stay close to home," Pinder said. "He'd be a drive away. But as a person that knows him, I leave it all in his hands. It's `You have to make your own decisions, choices, it's your life.' But he knows (Miami), that would be the perfect thing for me."

Michel grew up a Cane fan, and UM was his first offer.

"He got that Miami offer in eighth grade, it was his first offer," Pinder said. "He got it from coach (Tommie) Robinson. It was his first time ever hearing anything like that - it gave him a lot of confidence in himself, like `Wow!'"

Pinder said his advice to Michel throughout recruiting is that "School's his first priority. I told him stay focused on school, that football comes after that."

Michel has heeded that - he has a 3.7 grade-point average.

While Michel has handled his recruitment well, staying humble, Pinder says something many don't realize is just how tough it was for him to come back from the knee injury he suffered as a sophomore.

"That last year was especially tough," Pinder said. "Coming off a knee injury - it wasn't as easy as everybody thinks. It's tough. Being at that level coming back from a knee injury, having to gain his confidence back, he had his times (that were hard). But Sony is Sony."

Is it strange realizing the process is now coming to an end?

"Yeah, especially since he's been getting recruited since eighth grade," Pinder said.

So what kind of chance does Pinder think UM has to land Michel?

"They have a great chance," Pinder said. "he likes the whole coaching staff - we were down there a couple of weekends ago. I think they have a real good shot. We'll have to wait to see."

Regardless of which program Michel chooses, Pinder says "I'm going to be proud, I'm going to be happy."

* Pinder also said that Sony's brother, Marken, will transfer from UMass but that it's unclear what his college destination will be.

Lets rep and defend our own before we cry and **** about players that are committed elsewhere.
YO Joe, the fact that your a cane puts you ahead of anyone else automatically, if a kid doesn't want to stay home, rep his city, and help bring the U back, thats his ****ing problem, but you my man, you get it
^^^this^^^ Joseph Yearby=stud

"Me personally I would love for him to stay close to home," Pinder said. "He'd be a drive away. But as a person that knows him, I leave it all in his hands. It's `You have to make your own decisions, choices, it's your life.' But he knows (Miami), that would be the perfect thing for me."

Dude is gonna troll his whole family and make them drive a day to see him lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back