Sonny/Rhett

Advertisement
Some of y'all are so fixed on his run game calls you miss the fact that he has exposed TVD as being one of the next potential Heisman QBs in college ball. Count me in as being one of those who hate his run game coordinating. But as offensive coach in its totality he has been a major positive. I appreciate his accomplishments.

I like Lashlee.

I just have reservations that he will let us down in important games.

You forget how young he is though. He is still growing.

There is no doubt there are things our offensive line make him hesitant to do, but that is why I am so adamant that he speeds up and improves the short passing game. It helps the offensive line, protects the quarterback, keeps the offense ahead of schedule, and opens big plays that are available quickly. He has to build it beyond the screen game.

Advertisement
I don’t think he can fix run schemes when we run 3 wide and have a pass catching tight end who can’t block. That leaves us with 5 blockers going against 6 defenders. The running game looked better with King keeping the ball because the numbers evened out and if King or Cam made one person miss they were gone.. and Brevin could block. TVD can scramble but we aren’t going to ask him to keep the ball 10 times per game.

If we want to run successfully either Arroyo needs to become a better blocker than Mallory or we need different personnel groups when we run. Maybe 2 tight ends, and use a fullback in short yardage. FYI, Arroyo was the fullback on the successful goal line run.
Yes and after that worked Lashlee went back to the IZ on the next 4th and 1 and we got bailed out by a questionable spot.

If Rhett goes to SMU NO WAY we keep Diaz!! Because the offense scoring 30 plus per game is the only reason we have 6 wins! Bring in all new guys if we lose the offensive staff
One has nothing to do with the other. Diaz is gone and Lashlee would jump on that no matter who the coach was.

Advertisement
Yes and after that worked Lashlee went back to the IZ on the next 4th and 1 and we got bailed out by a questionable spot.
Exactly. It can’t always be about lining up for a pass and then running and hoping to catch the defense off guard.
Sometimes, like 4th and 1, just line up in power and give your running back a chance with correct personnel.
Or when we have the ball at our own 1 yard line like UVA.

Advertisement
Lashlee survived many of us loving him, then loathing him back to loving him. Any OC that makes it thru this board’s opinionpalooza has moxie. Good for him any way it goes.

Advertisement
Lashlee survived many of us loving him, then loathing him back to loving him. Any OC that makes it thru this board’s opinionpalooza has moxie. Good for him any way it goes.
Lol what?
Stop acting like coaches quit jobs because the fans talk **** about them!

At this rate, Patke will be our interim HC for our bowl game. Good God.
Look on the brightside, we’ll see much more of TVD and the defense will seem improved bc they’ll only give up 21 points. But on the bad side, we’ll give up 4 special teams scores.

Advertisement
Back