Sonny/Rhett

Advertisement
Lashlee gets a lot of heat from Miami fans but he's been our best OC since Jedd Fisch. The work he's done with Tyler Van Dyke has been extremely impressive, I can't remember the last time our offense has been as good as it's been with TVD as QB.

Coaches/Admins around college football understand how the OC position at Miami has been a revolving door and a progress stopper for the coaches taking the job. It's set numerous coaches career 5 year's back. Lashlee is the first one whose actually had legit success in years. He's only 38 and has almost 10 years of Power 5 experience as an OC. Decision makers love that kind of resume, the Young QB Guru.
People tend to forget that on top of those inside run plays for -1 yards, he also calls plays that let TVD air it out for the most amazing chunk plays.

Not discrediting your post, but he was interviewed by Manny Navarro and Susan 19 min ago on twitter and there was nothing of such topic after.
Not to flame but these 2 are to busy posting Twitter selfies with Barry to think about substantive questions for the coaching staff!

Some of y'all are so fixed on his run game calls you miss the fact that he has exposed TVD as being one of the next potential Heisman QBs in college ball. Count me in as being one of those who hate his run game coordinating. But as offensive coach in its totality he has been a major positive. I appreciate his accomplishments.

Advertisement
If he can fix his running scheme which really shouldn't be that difficult, he could be a really special play caller.
You've got to wonder what this would be like with a better offensive line coach and some new blood on the line.

Although seeing Donaldson and Scaife push the pile over the goal line was pretty impressive last week.

Without absolutely great QB play our offense would have been Enosesque. Lashlee can't adjust at all for personnel (see King). He's okay, but not amazing and shouldn't be a HC yet imo.

His play calling is very hot/cold as well and as everyone knows, his running scheme is complete ****. I'm not trying to be a **** or mope, but I think TVD is by far the biggest reason the offense has finally kicked in.

Advertisement
We've run everything from inside/outside zone to counter trey/power and the reason we suck isn't because Rhett's playcalling....It's because we have 5 barely warm bodies up front. Then you add Mallory to the party lol.

Advertisement
I'm Ok with Lashlee leaving. Would've preferred Lashlee stay under Mario but I understand that this would be an offer he couldn't refuse. Best of luck to him if true. 🥂

Advertisement
Sounds about right. I said in another thread that there was no way Lashlee would still be around by the time Mario is assembling his staff. He is going to get snatched up in some capacity whether it be another OC job when Manny gets fired, or a HC job like this.

Advertisement
Back