Sonny/Rhett

Advertisement
Lashlee isn't perfect but he's been the only OC worth a **** at this school in two decades.

His first year here with a garbage OL and nobody at WR, they had the best scoring offense since 2002. (Technically the 2016 team averaged .4 more points per game but take away the 77 points they scored against Savannah State and it's a big drop-off).

Second season: OL is still garbage. QB out for year. 1st team and 2nd team RB out for year. Freshman Quarterback takes over. UM's highest conference scoring output since they joined the ACC. He completely shifted the offense from QB run heavy system to a vertical passing offense and has still averaged 34 points per game. No UM offense has scored this much in ACC play EVER. .

BuT VaNdYkE SaVeD tHe OfFeNsE!

Who do you think is the QB coach?

Does he tend to fall back on the power run game too often? Yeah. He still wants to run the ball because you have to at least give the defense something to think about but the overall results/numbers speak for themselves.

Without absolutely great QB play our offense would have been Enosesque. Lashlee can't adjust at all for personnel (see King). He's okay, but not amazing and shouldn't be a HC yet imo.

His play calling is very hot/cold as well and as everyone knows, his running scheme is complete ****. I'm not trying to be a **** or mope, but I think TVD is by far the biggest reason the offense has finally kicked in.
King had 3100 Total Yards 27 Total TDs 5INTs in 11 Game's last year. I think Lashlee used him pretty good last year. King was just hurt this year, he was going to look bad no matter what offense we ran. He never should of been playing to begin with

yawn Liam.gif

Advertisement
Lashlee isn't perfect but he's been the only OC worth a **** at this school in two decades.

His first year here with a garbage OL and nobody at WR, they had the best scoring offense since 2002. (Technically the 2016 team averaged .4 more points per game but take away the 77 points they scored against Savannah State and it's a big drop-off).

Second season: OL is still garbage. QB out for year. 1st team and 2nd team RB out for year. Freshman Quarterback takes over. UM's highest conference scoring output since they joined the ACC. He completely shifted the offense from QB run heavy system to a vertical passing offense and has still averaged 34 points per game. No UM offense has scored this much in ACC play EVER. .

BuT VaNdYkE SaVeD tHe OfFeNsE!

Who do you think is the QB coach?

Does he tend to fall back on the power run game too often? Yeah. He still wants to run the ball because you have to at least give the defense something to think about but the overall results/numbers speak for themselves.
We have very short memories for how bad it has been for soo long.. Enos wasnt that long ago, lol..

Advertisement
King had 3100 Total Yards 27 Total TDs 5INTs in 11 Game's last year. I think Lashlee used him pretty good last year. King was just hurt this year, he was going to look bad no matter what offense we ran. He never should of been playing to begin with
I dont get how people dont understand he was rushed to try to play for bama game.. he got injured in Dec. Guys who get hurt in 1st game of season dont even come back right by game #1 next year.. He had like a 8 month recovery for a injury that guy take a year n some change to start feeling confident.. It was dumb especially behind our oline against the best pass rusher in america being blocked by Scaife, lol.. I woulda sued for negligence..

Advertisement

The Sonny Dykes hire is true for sure, but idk about the Lashlee talk. Seems like SMU faithful want this guy.

Ra’Shaad Samples is an excellent recruiter, he’s the son of legendary HS coach at Duncanville Reggie Samples.

Idk if he should be an HC just yet given how young he is, but he definitely has a bright future & any smart Big XII coach would do themselves a big favor by hiring him on their staff because he’s a high level recruiter even for a small private G5 school, you give him better resources & he’d be a monster on the trail at a P5 program.

Don’t know if true but wow if it is. Would be first coach in forever to elevate their status while at Miami. I don’t necessarily think it’s all that deserved but at least we finally have a coach taking a step forward when they leave here. Last one was Kuligowski
didn't work out that well for him.

I guess going "0 for 5" on your NFL interviews isn't so hot.

Advertisement
One less buyout!!

Signed,

Peruche

That's actually a good point. Rhett is definitely on a multi-year. This would surely be a 7-figure issue. Miami should keep him on until the day they name a new OC to call him and his new team's bluff.

Don’t know if true but wow if it is. Would be first coach in forever to elevate their status while at Miami. I don’t necessarily think it’s all that deserved but at least we finally have a coach taking a step forward when they leave here. Last one was Kuligowski
Banda elevated his status. The Diaz coaching tree will grow yet again.

Advertisement
Back