Sonny/Rhett

Ra’Shaad Samples is an excellent recruiter, he’s the son of legendary HS coach at Duncanville Reggie Samples.

Idk if he should be an HC just yet given how young he is, but he definitely has a bright future & any smart Big XII coach would do themselves a big favor by hiring him on their staff because he’s a high level recruiter even for a small private G5 school, you give him better resources & he’d be a monster on the trail at a P5 program.
up and comer. actually worked a bit with D'Eriq back in Houston

he's going to get his shot.

He's pretty young, and hasn't even been a coordinator yet. not sure he's ready to take the helm. and if I were him, I would shoot for a strong G5 or even top level 1-AA program to cut my teeth as a head coach. but he has a chance to pay off big if some AD is willing to take the plunge.

Advertisement
Rhett isn’t apart of the Diaz Coaching bush...

Rhett is a Gus Malzahn disciple, always has been always will be.

Sonny Dykes deserves more credit for Rhett’s career trajectory more than Diaz ever will.

Diaz’s tree is comprised of 3 people, Banda, Patke & Blake Baker. Banda is solid, Bake sucks & Patke is a glorified GA.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If true I'll miss those double/triple reverses followed by a flea flicker. Things of beauty.

Advertisement
Without absolutely great QB play our offense would have been Enosesque. Lashlee can't adjust at all for personnel (see King). He's okay, but not amazing and shouldn't be a HC yet imo.

His play calling is very hot/cold as well and as everyone knows, his running scheme is complete ****. I'm not trying to be a **** or mope, but I think TVD is by far the biggest reason the offense has finally kicked in.
You can say that about any team with a great QB. Without them, they are going to struggle. Clemson post Trevor is a good example.

Bad QB play can make a good OC look like trash. Maybe I was too hard on Enos, because those dudes we had at QB were not students of the game. They couldn't have cared less, and it showed.

If he can fix his running scheme which really shouldn't be that difficult, he could be a really special play caller.
I don’t think he can fix run schemes when we run 3 wide and have a pass catching tight end who can’t block. That leaves us with 5 blockers going against 6 defenders. The running game looked better with King keeping the ball because the numbers evened out and if King or Cam made one person miss they were gone.. and Brevin could block. TVD can scramble but we aren’t going to ask him to keep the ball 10 times per game.

If we want to run successfully either Arroyo needs to become a better blocker than Mallory or we need different personnel groups when we run. Maybe 2 tight ends, and use a fullback in short yardage. FYI, Arroyo was the fullback on the successful goal line run.

The Manny 🌲
Manny the seedling has a tree?
1637621306160.jpeg

Rhett isn’t apart of the Diaz Coaching bush...

Rhett is a Gus Malzahn disciple, always has been always will be.

Sonny Dykes deserves more credit for Rhett’s career trajectory more than Diaz ever will.

Diaz’s tree is composed of 3 people, Banda, Patke & Blake Baker. Banda is solid, Bake sucks & Patke is a glorified GA.
He said bush... hahahahaha

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lashlee gets a lot of heat because of his run plays. Running up the middle is not always the answer.
Those run plays worked consistently for him at Auburn. Miami doesn't have the talent along the offensive line to execute those type of run plays.

You can say that about any team with a great QB. Without them, they are going to struggle. Clemson post Trevor is a good example.

Bad QB play can make a good OC look like trash. Maybe I was too hard on Enos, because those dudes we had at QB were not students of the game. They couldn't have cared less, and it showed.
Enos knew he had no OL and still ran slow developing PAPs and a 90's run scheme with 5 and 7 step drops in his drop back game. That was on him. Loading the box to run with a ****** OL and 2 TE's who refuse to block is a bad choice.

Advertisement
Back