Something we may see this week

Rosier and Shirreffs out-performed Perry, by any measure, and out-performed him significantly. You're going to narrow it down to two positions, then it has to be those two guys.

They've had ten practices. Scrimmages are important but not the whole story.

Time to put the quarterback in there that gives us the best chance of winning this fūcking year.

The QB who gives us the best chance of winning Week 1 against Bethune Cookman may not be the same QB that gives us the best chance of winning the ACC in October and November.

If you can't perform in a scrimmage, what makes you think you'll be performing in a game? That's just insane.

Also, I'm talking about the quarterback that gives us the best chance to win overall. Augie could win against BC. That was kind of disingenuous.

Advertisement
From everything that you've seen D, who is the best QB on the squad & not just who you expect but based on everything you've witnessed.

Perry is just so much more talented than the upperclassmen. He has the best arm, the best release, he spins it the best, he's the most accurate, he has the most touch and he's the most athletic. It's night and day.

In terms of consistent performance, Evan has had the best camp from what I've seen and heard. Both he and Malik have improved from spring. It's a tough call between those two. Evan is taller, more consistent and doesn't throw stupid picks. Malik has a better arm and is a better fit in the type of offense we're becoming.

Go on.... =P

I just want the best man for the job. If Perry gets it and "fails", yall gon turn on him just like yall did with Kaaya....

This. If Perry is actually in the Top 2 then great.

Dmoney is literally calling for Perry to be handed a top-2 spot, something that goes completely against the way Richt runs his program.

Don't hand Perry anything. Make him earn it. If he's as good as Dmoney is saying, that shouldn't be an issue

It's funny Perry has bad stats in the scrimmage and then all of a sudden he is being greatly outperformed by the other 2 quarterbacks. Forget about the countless practices, lets take him out of the race because of 1 scrimmage, not to mention his first college scrimmage. Richt specifically said most of the touchdowns from the upperclassman where during situationals like red-zone and with the 1st team offense.

It is clear that from people who have been to practice, like DMoney and Peter, that Perry is the most talented, he just got here a couple months ago so in the mental aspect and plays, he is behind.

I agree with DMoney that this will become a 2 man race this week and Perry will be one of them. That does not mean he is going to win the job, he will be behind whoever is the upperclassman, but since what he needs to improve can be taught for the most part (plays and reads) he needs meaningful reps.

All of this is a bad idea if Richt is gonna hand Perry a place in the battle that he hasn't earned. It would be him ignoring his years of coaching and acting like you and others who are operating under the assumption that all Perry needs is reps and time. As if it is a foregone conclusion that Perry will be good. Perry wouldn't be the first highly touted QB to just not be any good in college. And that is with all the caveats of, "he's only a freshman", "he's only been practicing for two weeks", blah, blah. I get it.

He shouldn't be given a free pass to #2 . If he's been one of the top 2? Fine. Just a horrible message to the team otherwise.

Maybe Kaaya was just more ready to play than Perry.
It's quite possibly perry has been in the top 2 all camp but just didn't perform as good as he's been performing on Saturday

So you think he was one of the top two in camp and then ****ed on himself in a game situation? Well that should make everyone feel better.

Dont know for sure but just based off what pete and dmoney have been saying. Brooklyndee stated perry got most of the early action vs the 1st team defense as well as sherriffs(mainly perry) so I'm sure the 2nd team oline had trouble blocking our starting front. We have dead weight there in some of the backups.

As a smart poster said. You should probably just ignore what DMoney and Pete have said about this thing. They've been firmly entrenched and will not be moved. DMoney is so in the bag for Perry he's suggesting removing one QB from the battle that clearly outperformed Perry in the scrimmage. He doesn't even care about on-field results now. Would he suggest that at say the LB or S positions?

Ignoring college football history and how true freshman perform is one thing. Maybe you make the mistake of thinking "our guy is different because he's our guy". Now he wants to ignore on-field stuff in a game-like setting.
Like dmoney said scrimmage is important but it doesn't tell the whole story like the other 10 practices

Advertisement
I just want the best man for the job. If Perry gets it and "fails", yall gon turn on him just like yall did with Kaaya....

This. If Perry is actually in the Top 2 then great.

Dmoney is literally calling for Perry to be handed a top-2 spot, something that goes completely against the way Richt runs his program.

Don't hand Perry anything. Make him earn it. If he's as good as Dmoney is saying, that shouldn't be an issue
Who is to say he hadn't been in the top 2 in the first 10 practices?

That doesn't mean Perry is the better choice right now. There's so much more that goes into playing QB than just having the better arm or better legs.

Rosier and Sherrifs were far better in the scrimmage and actually give us a chance vs FSU. Starting Perry vs FSU would be the equivalent of handing a forfeit note to the ref.

The FSU game is 5 weeks away. As Richt said in his presser, the young QBs can improve exponentially while the veteran QBs will only make incremental improvements. Still a lot of football left to be played.

By the way, Rosier has thrown more picks this camp than Shirreffs and Perry combined. I'm not sure which one of those three is most ready to play FSU because they have one game of combined starting experience between them.

Advertisement
It's quite possibly perry has been in the top 2 all camp but just didn't perform as good as he's been performing on Saturday

So you think he was one of the top two in camp and then ****ed on himself in a game situation? Well that should make everyone feel better.

Dont know for sure but just based off what pete and dmoney have been saying. Brooklyndee stated perry got most of the early action vs the 1st team defense as well as sherriffs(mainly perry) so I'm sure the 2nd team oline had trouble blocking our starting front. We have dead weight there in some of the backups.

As a smart poster said. You should probably just ignore what DMoney and Pete have said about this thing. They've been firmly entrenched and will not be moved. DMoney is so in the bag for Perry he's suggesting removing one QB from the battle that clearly outperformed Perry in the scrimmage. He doesn't even care about on-field results now. Would he suggest that at say the LB or S positions?

Ignoring college football history and how true freshman perform is one thing. Maybe you make the mistake of thinking "our guy is different because he's our guy". Now he wants to ignore on-field stuff in a game-like setting.
Like dmoney said scrimmage is important but it doesn't tell the whole story like the other 10 practices

DMoney wouldn't have said any of it if Perry had performed well. He would've been telling us this thing is wrapped up. He isn't some unbias ancient sage spitting out wisdom. He has a preference and he's on here justifying that preference.

I want Perry to win the job. Richt, I believe, wants Perry to win the job. Simply put: the closer Perry gets to his ceiling, the better chance we have of winning big.

But wishing doesn't change what happens on the field. Richt can't just hand him the job if he's not ready. The main thing that is going to accelerate the process is reps. When Kaaya won the job as a true freshman, it was a two-man battle. This has been a four-man race.

So I hope this competition gets cut to two players this week. Richt already alluded to this in his post-scrimmage presser. We've seen enough from Rosier and Shirreffs for Richt to have a preference. They are what they are and any improvements will be incremental. Pick one (without an announcement) and give the first team reps to that guy and Perry.

All of this is a bad idea if Richt is gonna hand Perry a place in the battle that he hasn't earned. It would be him ignoring his years of coaching and acting like you and others who are operating under the assumption that all Perry needs is reps and time. As if it is a foregone conclusion that Perry will be good. Perry wouldn't be the first highly touted QB to just not be any good in college. And that is with all the caveats of, "he's only a freshman", "he's only been practicing for two weeks", blah, blah. I get it.

He shouldn't be given a free pass to [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] . If he's been one of the top 2? Fine. Just a horrible message to the team otherwise.

His comments implied that while he knows the uppercassmen have the edge now due to experience, the young QBs will make considerably bigger leaps in their development. It may not end up being a matter of Perry technically being #2 , but Richt going with his preference of Rosier/Shirreffs & letting Perry battle them while imroving. Perry may or may not improve quickly enough to end up in the top 2, but I believe he'll have a chance if the race is narrowed down.

If Rosier or Shirreffs start the first three games, and we lose to FSU because of their sh*tty play, there is absolutely no reason Perry shouldn't be the starter the rest of the season. He is going to be so good by the time November comes around, the learning experience would have been worth it.

Advertisement
I want Perry to win the job. Richt, I believe, wants Perry to win the job. Simply put: the closer Perry gets to his ceiling, the better chance we have of winning big.

But wishing doesn't change what happens on the field. Richt can't just hand him the job if he's not ready. The main thing that is going to accelerate the process is reps. When Kaaya won the job as a true freshman, it was a two-man battle. This has been a four-man race.

So I hope this competition gets cut to two players this week. Richt already alluded to this in his post-scrimmage presser. We've seen enough from Rosier and Shirreffs for Richt to have a preference. They are what they are and any improvements will be incremental. Pick one (without an announcement) and give the first team reps to that guy and Perry.

He shouldn't be given a free pass to [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] . If he's been one of the top 2? Fine. Just a horrible message to the team otherwise.

His comments implied that while he knows the uppercassmen have the edge now due to experience, the young QBs will make considerably bigger leaps in their development. It may not end up being a matter of Perry technically being #2 , but Richt going with his preference of Rosier/Shirreffs & letting Perry battle them while imroving. Perry may or may not improve quickly enough to end up in the top 2, but I believe he'll have a chance if the race is narrowed down.

You believe that based on high school tape and reports from biased observers who think he should start, unless you've been to practice. It is possible Perry won't be ready to QB this team at all this year. Which is actually fairly normal in the development of a true freshman.

Richt hands him the back up job without him earning it and he takes the chance of causing a rift among the players.It shows guys that have been there busting their azzes for a year or two that they might lose their spot because some kid has more hype than them coming out of HS

I know Richt wants Perry to win the job.Hes made that abundantly clear for 6-8 months now.But if he hasn't earned the spot I just don't see how he's just handed it.

This kid might have all the talent in the world but even those type kids need to come in and prove how good they are by their play.not by their potential.

As was pointed out there's been time after time that a kid that was all world in HS bombs when he steps up in class.Perry might have all the potential in the world but potential means you ain't done it yet.Not saying Perry won't turn into an AA but as of right now unless the reports we are getting are false he needs a lot more time to prove it.

We need to play the kid that Has shown through practices,cause that all you have to go on at this point,gives us the best chance to win.Perry might prove at some point to be that guy but from all reports he's not that guy yet.

I'm not for awarding guy a spot off his HS numbers or tape.But I trust Richt to do the best thing for the team.I just hope him wanting Perry to win the job doesn't cause a problem with the players if he hasn't earned the spot.

Advertisement
Richt very well may want Perry to be the starter, but he's also not going to rush him. I think what Richt wants more than anything is for one of the two upperclassmen to lead the way and run the O efficiently. This will buy Perry a lot of time, and the whole team will be better because of it. If Perry can see Shirreffs and Rosier leading the O, it will give him a great grasp on what he needs to do to do the same.

Also, don't forget Richt has another guy coming next year. Another one of "his" guys.

Another point, Richt wanted Shirreffs to walk on at Georgia, and might have offered him a scholarship had they been giving one to a QB that cycle. Richt likes what Shirreffs offers, and so do I. Smart, big, can run really well for a guy his size. If he can run the O efficiently, we will be a 10 win team with him. Maybe more.

I don't see Richt chomping at the bit to start Perry, but wants the upperclassmen to know they need to keep working hard to stay in front of him.

Lets be honest, if Richt cuts the QB down to 2 this week then it will be Rosier and Sheriffs because Perry wouldn't have enough time to win the job especially after a mediocre scrimmage. If your on the Perry train you want this to drag on if anything.

Apparently some of you guys know very little about football. Unlike LBs or any other position for that matter the QB who wins the job normally gets all of the reps thus keeping the better talent on the bench for mop up duty. Any other position you can stick the less experienced more talented guy out there and increase his reps as he matures the starting job. When speaking about the QB position some coaches tend to lean on going through the growing pains with a less seasoned more talented QB hoping that it will payoff in the long run with game experience.

Rosier and Sherriff's are what they are and wouldn't be starting for another top 20 program. Perry would be deemed the future in most of them. The two upperclassmen have both been on campus for years so they should be light years ahead of Perry and they're not. Perry gives us the best change of regaining our footing on the top of college football, period. Can you say the same thing for the other two? I can't!
It's as simple as that.

Advertisement
Back