Something we may see this week

Considering what Richt said yesterday the two freshman aren't really in the race. There is a clear difference between the two groups and Richt out of a sense of fairness is giving them another week.

Richt said they are in the race and are getting first-team reps. From that you deduce, "they aren't really in the race." If they weren't in the race, they wouldn't be taking valuable first-team reps.

I haven't made hundreds of posts about Rosier. I've made posts to counter the inane notion that a true freshman would enroll at Miami and just win the job after missing the spring "because the other guys suck".
In other words, the same exact thing that happened last time there was a quarterback race. But now it's an "inane notion."

If it doesn't happen now, it doesn't happen. That's how predictions and projections go. Based on what I've seen, it's inevitable that Perry will get his chance as a starter before the other two graduate. So I hope it happens sooner than later.

When Kaaya won it, we were building for the future and we didn't have championship caliber team, bro! Also Ryan Williams got hurt or the job was easily his---we had no choice but to go with Kaaya, because nothing was in front of him, outside of a Heaps. More importantly, that team went 6-7.

6-7!! With pros all over the offense!!! Are you serious right now??

Ryan Williams tore his ACL in march what qb you know is going to be back healthy enough to play a season upcoming in 6 months?

That's actually my point. Kaaya really didn't have any competition during the fall, outside of Heaps.
And Ryan Williams was cleared after the 3rd game of the season, man. And Golden ended up losing the team, because the vets wanted Ryan Willams to be reinserted as the starter after he was healthy, because he gave them the best chance to win. One of the former O-lineman said this out of his own mouth on WQAM a couple of years back

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Pete Hype Train was wrong again.

I spoke to CornBreath - he's at every practice - and he told me if you covered Weldon's number, people would be asking why Tom Brady was taking reps for the Hurricanes. Take it with no grains of salt.

On Perry, he said the buzz is "a shlttler Derrick Cruddup."

Last edited:
Considering what Richt said yesterday the two freshman aren't really in the race. There is a clear difference between the two groups and Richt out of a sense of fairness is giving them another week.

Richt said they are in the race and are getting first-team reps. From that you deduce, "they aren't really in the race." If they weren't in the race, they wouldn't be taking valuable first-team reps.

I haven't made hundreds of posts about Rosier. I've made posts to counter the inane notion that a true freshman would enroll at Miami and just win the job after missing the spring "because the other guys suck".
In other words, the same exact thing that happened last time there was a quarterback race. But now it's an "inane notion."

If it doesn't happen now, it doesn't happen. That's how predictions and projections go. Based on what I've seen, it's inevitable that Perry will get his chance as a starter before the other two graduate. So I hope it happens sooner than later.

When Kaaya won it, we were building for the future and we didn't have championship caliber team, bro! Also Ryan Williams got hurt or the job was easily his---we had no choice but to go with Kaaya, because nothing was in front of him, outside of a Heaps. More importantly, that team went 6-7.

Team record is irrelevant to this conversation. Posters are saying there's no way a true freshman can start at Miami without EE and have success. That's just not true, Kaaya proved it can happen.

Was watching practice from the Lennar building for a while today. Got a chance to see them all throw, and....I'm nervous. D$ is on to something when he started this thread. Nkosi throws the best ball, BY FAR.

Keep saying your Hail Perrys...he NEEDS to win this job.

image1.jpg

Attachments

• image1_zpsnnrryctf.jpg
    image1_zpsnnrryctf.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Oh is it the same scenario? Heaps had less time in the system then Kaaya did. He was on campus after Kaaya and Kaaya was calling out plays and formations in Miami games from his home in California. Are we hearing those stories about Perry? Lets just remove the aspect that QBs develop at different rates and some guys take to the college game quicker. Kaaya had his own personal coach while Perry got to work out with Winston a couple of time.

As far as what you've seen and deduce I think we're both aware that doesn't mean that much to me. What I've seen is Perry miss throws against air. And it is pretty striking you've yet to tell us what Perry is struggling with. You've got plenty to say about the other QBs and their issues and yet Perry's flaws haven't made their way to the board.

Advertisement

Team record is irrelevant to this conversation. Posters are saying there's no way a true freshman can start at Miami without EE and have success. That's just not true, Kaaya proved it can happen.

Surely you jest. 6-7 is incredibly relevant to this conversation, Al Golden or no Al Golden, because the goal is WINNING. That team had a veteran O-line with NFL starters on it, one of the best RB's in Miami History, a stud WR group that featured a 1st rd pick, and an NFL caliber TE that went in the 3rd round. That offense was absolutely held back buy Kaaya

Ryan Williams tore his ACL in march what qb you know is going to be back healthy enough to play a season upcoming in 6 months?

That's actually my point. Kaaya really didn't have any competition during the fall, outside of Heaps.
And Ryan Williams was cleared after the 3rd game of the season, man. And Golden ended up losing the team, because the vets wanted Ryan Willams to be reinserted as the starter after he was healthy, because he gave them the best chance to win. One of the former O-lineman said this out of his own mouth on WQAM a couple of years back

Just playing devils advocate here. And I didn't like Kaaya.

1) You could argue that with our defense in 2014, no QB was going to win anything significant.

2) Players also demanded the hiring of Larry Coker....

Oh is it the same scenario?

You're right, it's a different scenario. Heaps had actually started 16 games when he got beat out by a true freshman.

And it is pretty striking you've yet to tell us what Perry is struggling with. You've got plenty to say about the other QBs and their issues and yet Perry's flaws haven't made their way to the board.

He's struggling with the blitz. Needs reps.

Surely you jest. 6-7 is incredibly relevant to this conversation, Al Golden or no Al Golden, because the goal is WINNING. That team had a veteran O-line with NFL starters on it, one of the best RB's in Miami History, a stud WR group that featured a 1st rd pick, and an NFL caliber TE that went in the 3rd round. That offense was absolutely held back buy Kaaya

Sure, the coaching staff had nothing to do with the teams success.

Good call.

Kaaya's freshman numbers.
*2014 - 221 378 58.5 3198 26 12 145.9

That's pretty **** good for a true freshman that was not an EE

Advertisement

1) You could argue that with our defense in 2014, no QB was going to win anything significant.

Nope, according to Svengali, the coaching staff had nothing to do with the teams success

Last edited:
Rumph likes what Malik is doing and it John Richt compared him to Murray when he is dialed in and running the O and not trying to extend plays when nothing is there.

That is positive news for sure. People need to realize Perry is the future but right now, we need someone who is ready to move the O consistently from day 1. Maybe Perry is at that point by game 4 maybe its game 9. Just give the kid some time. No need to bash the other QB's who are working their butts off to earn the job.

I think we will be just fine.

Oh is it the same scenario?

You're right, it's a different scenario. Heaps had actually started 16 games when he got beat out by a true freshman.

And it is pretty striking you've yet to tell us what Perry is struggling with. You've got plenty to say about the other QBs and their issues and yet Perry's flaws haven't made their way to the board.

He's struggling with the blitz. Needs reps.

He didn't start 16 games in the system he has trying to acclimate to. And once again Kaaya was an outlier with the means and resources to be ready as humanly possible in that situation. So every time you bring up Kaaya it is almost like saying waiting to draft a QB in the 3rd round is smart and you can win a Super Bowl with that QB because the Seahawks did it with Russell Wilson.

Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, after game 3-4 I liked the move to Keep Kaaya in as the starter, because he showed a lot of potential. You could see what he could become, and I thought that was the right move. I knew that team wasn't going anywhere. In my mind, we were playing for 2015 or 2016 (and with a new coach). But the players thought Williams was the better QB, and wanted him in there after he was cleared; that's all I know.

Totally different scenario right now, however. This team is built to win now. We went 9-4 last year, even though we were without two of the best players in the ACC (Grace and Muhammed), and we could've easily been 11-2 last season if Richt called the games a little better. FSU and Notre Dame should've been wins. This team has already turned the corner, and it's ready to win now.

Yes the horrendous rushing defense the team had that year played zero factor in the Win/Loss column. That f***ing defense gave up almost 200 rushing yards to Virginia at essentially 4.5 yards a carry. They gave up 343 rushing yards to Nebraska at over 6 yards a carry. Then they go ahead and give up 226 rushing yards to pitt at close to 5 yards a carry. BUT YEAH ALL THOSE LOSSES FALL ON KAAYA. I'm as critical of Kaaya's faults as the next person but to say all those losses fall on him is complete bull****.

Nope, according to Svengali, the coaching staff had nothing to do with the teams success

Complete nonsense. Golden sucked, but with a veteran QB that team doesn't go 6-7. That team wins 8 games, because the starting offense was loaded with NFL players. And I'm saying 8 games, because that shows how bad golden was. But we only won 6 because of the inexperience at the QB position

Advertisement

Yes the horrendous rushing defense the team had that year played zero factor in the Win/Loss column. That f***ing defense gave up almost 200 rushing yards to Virginia at essentially 4.5 yards a carry. They gave up 343 rushing yards to Nebraska at over 6 yards a carry. Then they go ahead and give up 226 rushing yards to pitt at close to 5 yards a carry. BUT YEAH ALL THOSE LOSSES FALL ON KAAYA. I'm as critical of Kaaya's faults as the next person but to say all those losses fall on him is complete bull****.

Nope, Golden and crew have no blame there, all on a non EE freshman QB

Complete nonsense. Golden sucked, but with a veteran QB that team doesn't go 6-7. That team wins 8 games.

What loss that season becomes a win with Williams at QB?

Sure, the coaching staff had nothing to do with the teams success.

Good call.

Kaaya's freshman numbers.
*2014 - 221 378 58.5 3198 26 12 145.9

That's pretty **** good for a true freshman that was not an EE

6-7

Losses don't fall on Kaaya; coaches were a disaster Read what I wrote again. I'm saying the offense was held back by the true freshman QB. The offense couldn't reach it's potential due to his inexperience even though he had NFL talent all around him.

Advertisement
Back