Something we may see this week

That 6-7 season was a train wreck. GT, Nebraska, Louisville, Virginia, Pitt, FSU. The offense just refuse to put points on the board in the 2nd half. Starting a true freshman ******* sucks.

Advertisement
The Rosier stuff is mind blowing. I have no idea how anyone is comfortable with the idea of him starting. My friend is constantly at practice, D$ can vouch for the source, takes another one of our boys out there last week and the first thing I get is "holy **** Rosier ****ing blows".

Not the first, second or third time I've seen messages like that either. Literally no one that has seen that kid play says "well **** I'm totally good with him starting and winning 10 games". Because he's brutal.

Its easy to tout his spring game stats against the 2's and look at Perry and say he's not ready in his first live action vs what's probably a top 5-10 defense nationally this year.

The good news is that both liked what the saw from Shirreffs and are waaay more comfortable with that option even if he has his own limitations as a passer.

Tell it to the coaches. The DB coach prefers Rosier. The QB coach says he can be Aaron Murray-like when he is right. They're always at practice. So if you don't understand how people can be comfortable with him let the coaches know how much your boys think he sucks.

Rosier looked the best running those drills, and N'Kosi, surprisingly, looked the worst.
I agree.. But still will give him benefit of the doubt ... he is not comfortable... which i could understand... Older guys have been there done that.. Cade has nothing to loose.. Perry knows that there is alot of expectation for him to be the starter.... I don't have a horse in the race.. all the horses in this race are mine... put the best one on the field.. I think Richt should execute a Jedi Mind Trick and say one of the older guys is the starter to release some pressure on Perry then see how he performs..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That's actually my point. Kaaya really didn't have any competition during the fall, outside of Heaps.
And Ryan Williams was cleared after the 3rd game of the season, man. And Golden ended up losing the team, because the vets wanted Ryan Willams to be reinserted as the starter after he was healthy, because he gave them the best chance to win. One of the former O-lineman said this out of his own mouth on WQAM a couple of years back

Just playing devils advocate here. And I didn't like Kaaya.

1) You could argue that with our defense in 2014, no QB was going to win anything significant.

2) Players also demanded the hiring of Larry Coker....

Nope, according to Svengali, the coaching staff had nothing to do with the teams success

Complete nonsense. Golden sucked, but with a veteran QB that team doesn't go 6-7. That team wins 8 games.

What loss that season becomes a win with Williams at QB?

It's hard to say --there are too many variables in play to include leadership and how players respond to a Vet QB they've been around as opposed to a kid that just showed up. There also may have throws in the 1st or 2nd quarter that lead to 1-2 extra first downs that swung field position or that might've lead to a FG...throws that a true freshman might've missed.

All I know is that offense was pretty bad that year, especially in the second half, even though the offense was loaded with NFL talent. You can't tell me a 5th year senior that had been in the system a couple of years --who had an excellent Spring-- wouldn't have played better

Advertisement
The Rosier stuff is mind blowing. I have no idea how anyone is comfortable with the idea of him starting. My friend is constantly at practice, D$ can vouch for the source, takes another one of our boys out there last week and the first thing I get is "holy **** Rosier ****ing blows".

Not the first, second or third time I've seen messages like that either. Literally no one that has seen that kid play says "well **** I'm totally good with him starting and winning 10 games". Because he's brutal.

Its easy to tout his spring game stats against the 2's and look at Perry and say he's not ready in his first live action vs what's probably a top 5-10 defense nationally this year.

The good news is that both liked what the saw from Shirreffs and are waaay more comfortable with that option even if he has his own limitations as a passer.

Tell it to the coaches. The DB coach prefers Rosier. The QB coach says he can be Aaron Murray-like when he is right. They're always at practice. So if you don't understand how people can be comfortable with him let the coaches know how much your boys think he sucks.

Coaches that are there every single day, say in public very positive things about the veterans, and specifically Rosier, should be totally ignored. What MR has said should also be ignored. The decision was made months ago that Perry should be the guy, every bit of evidence to the contrary be damned.

I've been around the block a few times, and I've seen this before, especially in the business world where decisions have to be made when choosing between several possible alternatives.

Two things at play:

1. Confirmation bias
2. Groupthink

Once in the bag for Perry, only evidence which supports his ascension as starting QB is viewed as credible. Then the groupthink takes over and the group keeps reinforcing and reassuring each other that contrary evidence is irrelevant. All objectivity is lost.

And there's plenty of evidence that exists to the contrary.

And to be clear, I think Perry is the long-term answer. But maybe not to start this year, and maybe not even for this whole year at all. Who knows. And I'm willing to wait and look at the whole body of practice and scrimmages, so it's not even over yet. I'll be happy with whoever Rick names as the starting QB and get behind him 100%.

Lol at sheriffs or rosier being the difference in a 10 win season. They should have played over kaaya last year then.

Tee Martin should have played over Peyton Manning.

Tee martin better than rosier.

First, you know Tee did well because it already happened. You're just guessing on Rosier based on nothing.

You're really missing the point though. Manning was better than Tee. Tee couldn't beat Manning out, which was your argument on why Rosier can't take us to better results than Kaaya. On top of that, Manning is better than Kaaya. Manning is better than Kaaya too if you want to play those games. Yet Tee improved the team results.

There are a million examples of guys who couldn't beat out the incumbent QB who led the team to equal or greater heights when they got their chance.

What is rosier hype based off? Being average vs a horrible duke defense 2 years ago? Being average in a scrimmage for the first time all off season?

I'm not "hyping" Rosier. I'm merely debunking stupid arguments against him by pointing out the clear fallacy in those arguments and how they've been repeatedly disproved throughout the course of college football history.

If you think he sucks based on practices you haven't watched, then there's nothing I can do to correct that nonsense.

However, if you're trying to convince people that a QB sucks and can't lead us to more success than the prior QB by parroting "but he couldn't beat out Kaaya," then, as a teacher, I feel it's my duty to show why that is horseshyt fake logic. It sounds good to dummies because it resonates in their empty heads, but upon even a modicum of scrutiny it fails.

The Rosier stuff is mind blowing. I have no idea how anyone is comfortable with the idea of him starting. My friend is constantly at practice, D$ can vouch for the source, takes another one of our boys out there last week and the first thing I get is "holy **** Rosier ******* blows".

Seems like the only guys who watch practice who don't think Rosier is an abomination are the Ricks. If they thought he was as awful as all the bystanders he'd be working with Vinny Jr. Instead, they consistently have him running with the ones.

Rosier looked the best running those drills, and N'Kosi, surprisingly, looked the worst.
I agree.. But still will give him benefit of the doubt ... he is not comfortable... which i could understand... Older guys have been there done that.. Cade has nothing to loose.. Perry knows that there is alot of expectation for him to be the starter.... I don't have a horse in the race.. all the horses in this race are mine... put the best one on the field.. I think Richt should execute a Jedi Mind Trick and say one of the older guys is the starter to release some pressure on Perry then see how he performs..

Rick actually is smart to apply as much pressure as possible to all the QBs.

Last thing we need are QBs who have been swaddled all offseason and protected from pressure and scrutiny trotting out there in front of 80k rabid lunatics screaming about his mother.

If you're not going to let the QBs take physical hits then you **** well better replicate as much mental pressure as humanly possible to see how they react.

Advertisement
Was watching practice from the Lennar building for a while today. Got a chance to see them all throw, and....I'm nervous. D$ is on to something when he started this thread. Nkosi throws the best ball, BY FAR.

Keep saying your Hail Perrys...he NEEDS to win this job.

View attachment 48670

BUMP

image1.jpg

Coaches that are there every single day, say in public very positive things about the veterans, and specifically Rosier, should be totally ignored. What MR has said should also be ignored. The decision was made months ago that Perry should be the guy, every bit of evidence to the contrary be damned.

I've been around the block a few times, and I've seen this before, especially in the business world where decisions have to be made when choosing between several possible alternatives.

Two things at play:

1. Confirmation bias
2. Groupthink

Once in the bag for Perry, only evidence which supports his ascension as starting QB is viewed as credible. Then the groupthink takes over and the group keeps reinforcing and reassuring each other that contrary evidence is irrelevant. All objectivity is lost.

And there's plenty of evidence that exists to the contrary.

And to be clear, I think Perry is the long-term answer. But maybe not to start this year, and maybe not even for this whole year at all. Who knows. And I'm willing to wait and look at the whole body of practice and scrimmages, so it's not even over yet. I'll be happy with whoever Rick names as the starting QB and get behind him 100%.

i've been around the block a few times too, and could not agree with this more. everyone is freaking out about naming a starter only after 10 practices and one scrimmage. does this sound reasonable and logical? given the little that i know about perry and what i have seen of rosier, it appears perry might be our QB, but it seems he is not ready RIGHT NOW.

also, i don't pay much attention to people's words. they are generally meaningless. listen to their actions. i have no doubt that jon richt was coached up before his interview yesterday and his coming out for an interview was also programmed.

this isnt a video game.

Advertisement
That 6-7 season was a train wreck. GT, Nebraska, Louisville, Virginia, Pitt, FSU. The offense just refuse to put points on the board in the 2nd half. Starting a true freshman ****ing sucks.

Scoring in the 2nd half was a problem al golden entire time here.

Was watching practice from the Lennar building for a while today. Got a chance to see them all throw, and....I'm nervous. D$ is on to something when he started this thread. Nkosi throws the best ball, BY FAR.

Keep saying your Hail Perrys...he NEEDS to win this job.

View attachment 48670

BUMP

View attachment 48672

I've already said 20 Our Fathers.

It's HAIL PERRYS you ****ing *******

How can you see through all of the hair on your face, shtbag?

Tee Martin should have played over Peyton Manning.

Tee martin better than rosier.

First, you know Tee did well because it already happened. You're just guessing on Rosier based on nothing.

You're really missing the point though. Manning was better than Tee. Tee couldn't beat Manning out, which was your argument on why Rosier can't take us to better results than Kaaya. On top of that, Manning is better than Kaaya. Manning is better than Kaaya too if you want to play those games. Yet Tee improved the team results.

There are a million examples of guys who couldn't beat out the incumbent QB who led the team to equal or greater heights when they got their chance.

What is rosier hype based off? Being average vs a horrible duke defense 2 years ago? Being average in a scrimmage for the first time all off season?

I'm not "hyping" Rosier. I'm merely debunking stupid arguments against him by pointing out the clear fallacy in those arguments and how they've been repeatedly disproved throughout the course of college football history.

If you think he sucks based on practices you haven't watched, then there's nothing I can do to correct that nonsense.

However, if you're trying to convince people that a QB sucks and can't lead us to more success than the prior QB by parroting "but he couldn't beat out Kaaya," then, as a teacher, I feel it's my duty to show why that is horseshyt fake logic. It sounds good to dummies because it resonates in their empty heads, but upon even a modicum of scrutiny it fails.

All most of us can go by is what we hear. So you really cant have a argument for or against any of the qbs.

Advertisement
Canes Fans debating the current QB competition:

diego.jpg

[video=youtube;DUi12JXOqas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUi12JXOqas[/video]

Last edited:

Rick actually is smart to apply as much pressure as possible to all the QBs.

Last thing we need are QBs who have been swaddled all offseason and protected from pressure and scrutiny trotting out there in front of 80k rabid lunatics screaming about his mother.

If you're not going to let the QBs take physical hits then you **** well better replicate as much mental pressure as humanly possible to see how they react.
I agree to a point in the military for example they teach you to read a map in a nice calm class room ... no stress... once you learn it then you are evaluated on the 3rd day with just 12 hours of sleep so hungry you could eat a shoe.... cold alone in the dark.. and knowing if you don't pass the test you are going back to your unit as a failure. So you are evaluated under a ton of stress. But a least your afforded the opportunity to learn it first... on occasion some knuckle head would fall asleep in the class room.. causing the mood to get really stressful real fast... I can remember finding a point on the map in the front lean and rest...

Posted this in another thread but seems appropriate here...

I'm interested to see how the QB(s) perform on timing routes.

Everyone talks about arm strength, mobility, etc. and that all matters, and it's great if they can hit the bubbles and the deep ball. But as much heat as Kaaya takes on here, it's easy to take for granted how well he was able to hit Ahmmon on a slant or 12-to-10, or Njoku between the LBs and safety. Though he was off at times, he definitely put the ball on those guys and allowed them to make big plays, e.g. Ahmmon in the bowl game. A lot of those aren't big plays if the timing is off by a split second or if the throw isn't on point.

That's big deal, especially with all the talent we have at WR. I hope between the three options we have at QB that someone can really make the offense go by putting the ball in the right place and at the right time consistently.

My fear is that when these guys aren't looking so good (e.g. the "reports" on Rosier looking bad), it's on these types of routes. If we're accurate on bubbles and deep balls but can't hit anything on time or in the middle of the field, our O will be severely handicapped at best and turning the ball over at worst.

Posted this in another thread but seems appropriate here...

I'm interested to see how the QB(s) perform on timing routes.

Everyone talks about arm strength, mobility, etc. and that all matters, and it's great if they can hit the bubbles and the deep ball. But as much heat as Kaaya takes on here, it's easy to take for granted how well he was able to hit Ahmmon on a slant or 12-to-10, or Njoku between the LBs and safety. Though he was off at times, he definitely put the ball on those guys and allowed them to make big plays, e.g. Ahmmon in the bowl game. A lot of those aren't big plays if the timing is off by a split second or if the throw isn't on point.

That's big deal, especially with all the talent we have at WR. I hope between the three options we have at QB that someone can really make the offense go by putting the ball in the right place and at the right time consistently.

My fear is that when these guys aren't looking so good (e.g. the "reports" on Rosier looking bad), it's on these types of routes. If we're accurate on bubbles and deep balls but can't hit anything on time or in the middle of the field, our O will be severely handicapped at best and turning the ball over at worst.

Kaaya also had long stretches where he would throw a 6 yard pass in the dirt or inexplicably sail it over the receiver's head. He was super accurate at times and scatter armed for lengthy stretches. He was far from perfect on those short routes.

Advertisement
Back