Something to keep in mind when you see Miami departures

Advertisement
If Samson who was hurt this year dips abd misses out on maybe the best development he will get at his position with Mirabal/Mario then he loses out in the long run. Miami OL was NASTY this year and as long as Mirabal and Mario are here it will be the strength of the team. I hope he stays becaise if developed properly he will be a monster but Miami will always recruit the OL like beasts with Mario here.
My fear also especially with his brother in the portal now. I hope we offer the brother to keep him here.

It’s not like taking a PWO or scrub. He’s a proven college player that can contribute right away.
1701868378803.png

1701868435845.png

Advertisement
If Samson who was hurt this year dips abd misses out on maybe the best development he will get at his position with Mirabal/Mario then he loses out in the long run. Miami OL was NASTY this year and as long as Mirabal and Mario are here it will be the strength of the team. I hope he stays becaise if developed properly he will be a monster but Miami will always recruit the OL like beasts with Mario here.
Yeah that's who I was thinking as that high star player that transfers out. I think the comment from D$ or Cribby was someone that was a high star player, injured, and overhyped when the staff actually got eyes on him in person.

Bain
Mesidor
Porter
Arroyo
Williams
Lee
Rivers
Cooper
Samson
Both Mauigoas
Bissainthe
Fletcher
Colbie
George
Restrepo
The entire 2023 class
Borregales

I didn’t even think and that’s like 35 kids. We need a lot of help.
I don't think you have a good understanding of the word catastrophic.

I don't think you have a good understanding of the word catastrophic.

I most certainly do. We went 7-5 this year. That’s catastrophic. We can’t afford to lose anyone with talent. This is as dire a situation as humanly possible. If we don’t win at least 9 games next year, good luck recruiting anyone going forward. You need all these kids and then some to do that.

Advertisement
Looks good on paper. The ceiling is high. The risk is even higher. Only Bain and Mesidor are proven to me.

But Mesidor dealt with injuries from the second he got to Miami, had multiple cleanup surgeries, and played through some stuff all year in 2022 and then played only 1.5 games in 2023. Kelly is hardly proven. Accumulated some sacks in garbage time in 2022 and then took a massive step back in 2023 looking like a total jag before going down with a season ending injury. Hope it was something lingering and slowing him down.

Wayne played almost strictly garbage time and didn't really look that twitchy as a pass rusher. Smart/nifty player that will contribute with a high motor.

Chantz and Harvey are gone. Acheampong has been injured for more than 12 months now dating back to HS and is unproven. Lightfoot is the only freshman that will be physically ready to play coming in.. until they sign someone else...

Bain played so many snaps as a true freshman due to injury.. they desperately wished they had some depth to help him out this year. I'd hate to see it happen again. They need 1 guy from the portal to bridge that gap.

If they sign who they think they're going to at DE and he can play right away like they think he can... it will be fine
Division 1 Sport GIF by TCU Football

I most certainly do. We went 7-5 this year. That’s catastrophic. We can’t afford to lose anyone with talent. This is as dire a situation as humanly possible. If we don’t win at least 9 games next year, good luck recruiting anyone going forward. You need all these kids and then some to do that.
You listed a lot of good players that could certainly be upgraded. Catastrophic would be players that can't easily be replaced.

I think you have to take Okunlola's bro for the simple fact it keeps Samson here.

The fact that he was an All ACC team freshman just makes it a cherry on top.

Bad move to pass on him, regardless of what freshman they sign.
Has that ever worked? I never want to see another decision made because it makes sense. We've been using that logic 2 for decades.

Advertisement
Yeah that's who I was thinking as that high star player that transfers out. I think the comment from D$ or Cribby was someone that was a high star player, injured, and overhyped when the staff actually got eyes on him in person.
Staff loves Samson though…he came on strong after Spring. Stupid for him to leave considering there’s a starting spot or 2 open.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back