Something Smells Rotten in Clemson (Denmark)

Advertisement
Probably also because the dad made them comments about "this time its not about what team they like most its about the bag!" or something to that affect You know Dabo dont want them boys making money, only he can sign million dollar contracts off they sweat! Lmaooo
Dabo "[sharecrop plantation owner]" Swinney

MAUDE EDIT: I thought the prior version was a tad bit harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, Matayo is better TE than he is a DE, he has very good athletic upside to play either position but I can see why Dabo might not be too crazy about him as a prospect given the disappointment DJ was.
Just like DJ is probably a better DE than quarterback. ****, he’s probably a better punter than quarterback. Dude was literally the worst QB in the conference. If he was even average, they win the ACC and are likely a playoff team.

Advertisement
Dabo will probably name DJ starter just to keep him on the team as long as possible, the first game he struggles at all he'll pull him for the freshman so he looks like the good guy optics wise.
I don't understand how DJ was so bad last year. Against ND in 2020, I would've swore up and down he was the next coming of Big Ben. After last year he looked the Polynesian version of Jamarcus Russell 🤦🏾‍♂️.

The talent drop-off at RB and WR was noticeable but shouldn't have hindered him to the degree that it did.

I don't understand how DJ was so bad last year. Against ND in 2020, I would've swore up and down he was the next coming of Big Ben. After last year he looked the Polynesian version of Jamarcus Russell 🤦🏾‍♂️.

The talent drop-off at RB and WR was noticeable but shouldn't have hindered him to the degree that it did.
Yeah it was puzzling but can't say I feel sorry for them lol. Their o line wasn't too great either and DJ holds the ball too long. Good chance when we play Clemso it'll be Klubnik we face.

Dabo will probably name DJ starter just to keep him on the team as long as possible, the first game he struggles at all he'll pull him for the freshman so he looks like the good guy optics wise.
It's going to be tough to do that once the season starts though. Once teams get into weekly game planning for opponents, the second team QB gets significantly fewer practice reps.

Advertisement
Yeah it was puzzling but can't say I feel sorry for them lol. Their o line wasn't too great either and DJ holds the ball too long. Good chance when we play Clemso it'll be Klubnik we face.
Clemson has never had upper echelon lines, even during the height of dominance their offensive line was average to good. Agree on Klubnik.

A tweet to the world was necessary? Given who he is, couldn't he just instantly call or text Dabo?
Dave: "You not going after Matayo?"
Dabo: "No, we don't think he's a fit."
Dave: "Oh"
exactly...airing grievances over social media is not the best. Clearly the relationship between the family and the coach is unraveling.

Clemson has never had upper echelon lines, even during the height of dominance their offensive line was average to good. Agree on Klubnik.
True. They took an additional step back at the line was what I meant to say, I know their o line was never anything special.

I'm eager to see if the expected fall from prominence happens. Generally, promoting from within after losing both coordinators leads to disaster.

Advertisement

Etienne out of the backfield was a nightmare for any defense, DJ had him in that ND game.

Probably also because the dad made them comments about "this time its not about what team they like most its about the bag!" or something to that affect You know Dabo dont want them boys making money, only he can sign million dollar contracts off they sweat! Lmaooo
Dabo is a piece of **** and for many reasons

Putting it out in public gonna put him in Dabo dog house. For such a bum QB he should focus on his own game and let Matayo end up wherever fits best. I hope Clemson ends up like FSU with Jimbo. Just a dump now.

Advertisement
Etienne out of the backfield was a nightmare for any defense, DJ had him in that ND game.
He sure was. Etienne was a difference maker for that offense but watching the ND game DJ was pushing the ball down the field with ease. He was very mobile in the pocket, decisive and accurate.

Don’t you know that this is about the Dabo way?! Now STFU and go down the G$& D@mn SLIIIDE!!!

I'm eager to see if the expected fall from prominence happens. Generally, promoting from within after losing both coordinators leads to disaster.
1649263246477.png

Advertisement
Back