Something Smells Rotten in Clemson (Denmark)

You’d have to narrow that, that’s a pretty broad stoke. Most people I know that claim to be religious, usually are very decent people. That is part of why his hypocrisy really stands out, because he’s using a church to pay off his players.

This is South Florida, there’s tons of religious people down here, most are not like that at all. In fact I would guess the majority or at least a very healthy portion of canes players over the years come from religious families. The ones I know did.

In all honesty, I turned my back on “religion” from the very fact of hypocrisy. The sanctimonious attitudes of many members, especially those taking the lead, while leading a life that’s less than exemplary is what has turned me off.

I believe in God & the Bible. I feel religion has done more damage than good. I try my best, especially as I get older, to follow biblical principles to be the best person I can be for myself & others. I do believe religion have some benefits, but typically when the layers of onions r peeled back, u’ll find the same flaws of human philosophies take precedence over the holy scriptures, &/or scriptures open to interpretation to fit one’s dogma.

So for me, personally, I’m hella “leery” when I hear someone constantly throwing out “God this or that/My lord & savior this or that.” From my experience, usually that’s someone who’s over compensating for dirt in their background. Not always the case, but a lot.

Advertisement
In all honesty, I turned my back on “religion” from the very fact of hypocrisy. The sanctimonious attitudes of many members, especially those taking the lead, while leading a life that’s less than exemplary is what has turned me off.

I believe in God & the Bible. I feel religion has done more damage than good. I try my best, especially as I get older, to follow biblical principles to be the best person I can be for myself & others. I do believe religion have some benefits, but typically when the layers of onions r peeled back, u’ll find the same flaws of human philosophies take precedence over the holy scriptures, &/or scriptures open to interpretation to fit one’s dogma.

So for me, personally, I’m hella “leery” when I hear someone constantly throwing out “God this or that/My lord & savior this or that.” From my experience, usually that’s someone who’s over compensating for dirt in their background. Not always the case, but a lot.
Exactly how I lead my life and I see more and more kids these days straying away from religion.

There's never been a shortage of people willing to exploit others under the guise of helping them in some way. Play on their fears and desires and they'll give you a fortune.

Advertisement
People going to the Clemson game - Where are you staying? Driving in from Atlanta, so Greenville is the wrong direction. Anderson?

I'm telling you, man, get a hotel on the river in downtown Greenville. Sure, it's "wrong direction", but it's worth it. Good restaurants, rooftop bars, it's worth the slightly extra drive.

I'm telling you, man, get a hotel on the river in downtown Greenville. Sure, it's "wrong direction", but it's worth it. Good restaurants, rooftop bars, it's worth the slightly extra drive.
No lies here☝️I work downtown and have frequently walked along the reedy river when I get some down time.

Advertisement
Exactly how I lead my life and I see more and more kids these days straying away from religion.

Kids have more access than ever before. Chit that was done on the low for yrs for many religions r now coming out. Plus, I think kids now r more critical thinkers than my generation or generations before. I feel we were more gullible. I mean, getting this back on subject, but look at how NIL is going. For yrs, student athletes left blood, sweat, & tears while making schools millions to billions of dollars over the past 25 yrs alone. Not one dime went towards their NIL, while schools profited w/o any reprise.

Now? These kids r like F that! Lol. Again, I don’t agree w/ how NIL is being ran now, just b/c of the spirit of what NIL is supposed to be designed for, but I do appreciate these youngins taking a stance on being Sheeple. So yeah, these youngins ain’t getting fooled by men using the Bible to thump & control, manipulating scriptures to fit one’s teachings/dogma, yet hypocrites in other areas. ****, the Bible was used to justify slavery, so there’s that. Lol. I’m good w/ being the best person I can be, have faith, & treat those around me despite race, creed, preference, background, beliefs w/ the utmost respect & love…….unless u cross me then I whole heartedly belief in eye for an eye. Lol.

You don’t have to be “religious” to be a good person. Many who claim to be “religious” think if someone else is not, that person is a heathen.

Last edited:
No lies here☝️I work downtown and have frequently walked along the reedy river when I get some down time.
We have an office downtown, so I'm there every couple years or so, and man the way the city has transformed in the last decade is crazy. Downtown used to just be a bunch of used car lots and the only place to go was Dave n Busters. There are some great breweries there now.

Advertisement
We have an office downtown, so I'm there every couple years or so, and man the way the city has transformed in the last decade is crazy. Downtown used to just be a bunch of used car lots and the only place to go was Dave n Busters. There are some great breweries there now.
It certainly has, my parents moved here in 2011 (Greer) and there was pretty much nothing. The wife and I bought our house just in time right outside travelers rest and the value of the home just shot up $30k. The market is crazy out here!

Last edited:
"REIGN"

-NIL is new, and we’re building our program from the ground up. Clemson will be the first athletics program in the nation to construct a space dedicated to the development of NIL activity - The Clemson Athletics Branding institute. The institute will provide an environment to educate students, incubate ideas, and serve as a launchpad for student-athlete opportunities. The CAB will feature a photo studio, video studios, audio suite, office space and a media training area in more than 12,000 square feet. The building, presently under construction, is located adjacent to the Poe Indoor Football Complex.

-
Our program starts with our in-house creative agency, College Avenue Creative. We’re leaning on more than 10 years of experience as a nationally-recognized social media and branding powerhouse.

Clemson has additional vital partnerships in several areas to accelerate quickly for all student-athletes. The world-renowned Arthur M. Spiro Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership, national-leader Altius Sports Partners in education and policy, and the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), Fanatics and OneTeam in the licensing space. Clemson has also been engaged with Opendorse since 2016 as a platform for students to build their brand. Clemson distributed more than 100,000 pieces of content to student-athletes last year, and is on pace to easily surpass that number in 2022.

I was reading some stuff about this situation on Clemson board. Supposedly Big Dave is "persona non grata" on Clemson campus. At games, he went from box to box in the stadium harassing donors about paying DJU NIL money. clemson, and DJU, handled it as best as possible...

Seems DJ went through a lot last season with his parents ugly separation/divorce. Many feel this was a big part of his problems on the field last season. His mother is bringing the brother, Matayo , to Clemson spring game today.

Advertisement
You don’t have to be “religious” to be good person. Many who claim to be “religious” think if someone else is not, that person is a heathen.
This may be a bad example but it's funny how it always seems the cons who are in prison are the biggest bible thumpers but as soon as they get out it's back to that life. 🤷‍♂️

Matayo is headed to USC...

As much as people will criticize Dabo & his old school ways (most of which I don’t like either), I actually don’t blame him for not kissing *** & breaking from his philosophy, if he don’t believe a kid fits his system he’s not going above & beyond to get’em.

IMO, Matayo is better TE than he is a DE, he has very good athletic upside to play either position but I can see why Dabo might not be too crazy about him as a prospect given the disappointment DJ was.

Advertisement
Back