Something Smells Rotten in Clemson (Denmark)

Advertisement
Whats happening at Clemson usually happens at successful organizations, they get 'raided'. Venables has been one of the top DCs in the nation for some time. To me, it was only a matter of time before he got an offer he couldn't refuse. And OU, isn't a bad spot to land at all.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I was never impressed by their OCs. Etienne, Watson, Lawrence are generational talents. Etienne turned every 2 yard pass into a first down lol.

I wonder if Dabo stays or looks around because his program, and the ACC, has seen some significant changes.

I don’t think anything is wrong exactly. Getting Head coaching jobs for coordinators and the AD getting more money and a new challenge. I think it was just the perfect storm this off season. Elliott has been looking the last few years, it was gonna take an offer like Oklahoma to get Venables… it was just a matter of time.

Just happened to all collapse in one off season.
Kind of what I think.

Now we see just how good Dabo is. Urban and Saban had a shuffling rotation of coaches but were so good, it didn't matter. Now we find out if Dabo is in that league.

What is happening at Clemson? Venables is gone to OU. Tony Elliott is about to leave to Virginia. AD Radakovich is about to leave to UM.

Are they cashing in their chips while valuable and before they go down the drain? This would make sense.

Is there something rotten and they want to jump off now?

Seems weird. Thoughts?
Yl5aO3gdVfsQ0 (1).gif

Advertisement
What is happening at Clemson? Venables is gone to OU. Tony Elliott is about to leave to Virginia. AD Radakovich is about to leave to UM.

Are they cashing in their chips while valuable and before they go down the drain? This would make sense.

Seems weird. Thoughts?
Time will tell. Every good program needs to weather the storm of staff turnover. We obviously failed miserably at this beginning in 2001. But others have managed to stay relevant despite losing coaches, assistants, ADs, etc. Clemson is at this crossroads. Hopefully we can help them become irrelevant again.

Y'all are forgetting the lawsuit by the women's track team. I think that their bag game was exposed and everyone is haulin' *** before it gets too ugly. Coach Gomer Pyle (Dabo) had to distance himself from the church they were laundering their bag money through too.

Seems weird. Thoughts?
People and situations change, life shows up and demands you dance to a different tune. It need not be nefarious.

Advertisement
Apparently it's that bytch Carol Baskin's fault.
You have come along way since the days of being a poster that is not known for anything or does not add value to the board. To be able to work a little Carole Baskin in means you are a mensch.....***** Andrew.

Whats happening at Clemson usually happens at successful organizations, they get 'raided'. Venables has been one of the top DCs in the nation for some time. To me, it was only a matter of time before he got an offer he couldn't refuse. And OU, isn't a bad spot to land at all.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I was never impressed by their OCs. Etienne, Watson, Lawrence are generational talents. Etienne turned every 2 yard pass into a first down lol.

I wonder if Dabo stays or looks around because his program, and the ACC, has seen some significant changes.
How many times has that happened to Saban? We'll see if Dabo can reload like he did. I kind of doubt it, they're not in the same league.

Advertisement

Seems weird. Thoughts?
I have a feeling there's about to be some ****...

Seems weird. Thoughts?

I've been talking with some guys for the last few weeks.

My best guesses (to be validated or invalidated in the future) are:

---Saban to retire, Dabo to replace him, as he is Alabama's version of Mario Cristobal
---NCAA investigation of Dr. Pepper and other NIL deals and other Clemson dealings

Advertisement
I've been talking with some guys for the last few weeks.

My best guesses (to be validated or invalidated in the future) are:

---Saban to retire, Dabo to replace him, as he is Alabama's version of Mario Cristobal
---NCAA investigation of Dr. Pepper and other NIL deals and other Clemson dealings
Timeline?

Advertisement
Back