Some tidbits

Page305

All American

• Earl Little Jr said on Canesvilles interview he wants to stay close to home. Earl Sr said he wants to see him developed..... Yeah we know what that's pretty much leading to.(that episode will be dropping soon).

Trob and DVD has been on Earl Jr for awhile. They talk to him all the time. Just want communication with Manny to pick up because all the other schools HEAD coaches talks to him.

• Kam Kinchens Dad entered the comments and said: Banda did a great job recruiting Kam, watched film with him every week BUT Kam chose us because of DVD. DVD was the reason we even offered Kam in the first place.

Also said Aristide is a BEAST recruiter. They booked a visit to Texas A&M in the middle of Covid ALL because of Aristide but didn't go because of the protest about racism that broke out on campus.

All in All.... We got some DOGS on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement

• Earl Little Jr said on Canesvilles interview he wants to stay close to home. Earl Sr said he wants to see him developed..... Yeah we know what that's pretty much leading to.(that episode will be dropping soon).

Trob and DVD has been on Earl Jr for awhile. They talk to him all the time. Just want communication with Manny to pick up because all the other schools HEAD coaches talks to him.

• Kam Kinchens Dad entered the comments and said: Banda did a great job recruiting Kam, watched film with him every week BUT Kam chose us because of DVD. DVD was the reason we even offered Kam in the first place.

Also said Aristide is a BEAST recruiter. They booked a visit to Texas A&M in the middle of Covid ALL because of Aristide but didn't go because of the protest about racism that broke out on campus.

not worried at all about recruiting with t rob dvd and Aristide on field on the defensive side.

regarding earl -- just commit to bama and get it over with. we all know its coming.

Advertisement
Optics wise we have to keep recruiting Earl Jr but his dad is clearly frontrunning for Bama here with the "development" tip of the hand, but even with all the first round allure Bama has right now its gotta be tough living in Tuscaloosa for 3-4 years but oh well we all know the deal here.

not worried at all about recruiting with t rob dvd and Aristide on field on the defensive side.

regarding earl -- just commit to bama and get it over with. we all know its coming.
Yep, my exact feelings.

Optics wise we have to keep recruiting Earl Jr but his dad is clearly frontrunning for Bama here with the "development" tip of the hand, but even with all the first round allure Bama has right now its gotta be tough living in Tuscaloosa for 3-4 years but oh well we all know the deal here.
It's nice to finally have a coach like TRob who can combat this excuse. At this point, Dad can say titles, bags, $EC competition.. but he can't really play the development card to the finish.

Advertisement
It's nice to finally have a coach like TRob who can combat this excuse. At this point, Dad can say titles, bags, $EC competition.. but he can't really play the development card to the finish.

he can bc he won't acknowledge that Miami just hired a top tier DB coach. **** just say Miami hasn't sent anyone high at the position since burns. (edit: thats how I would do it)

Little will do what he's going to do.

We finally have a staff that knows how to recruit. We shouldn't lose many battles due to lack of trying and personality going forward. If a kid chooses another program, it will either be bags or win/loss or personal reasons driving a need to leave town. We'll still lose kids. But the hit ratio will be higher. 2021 class should be our expectation every year.

What’s crazy is it’s not like T-Rob doesn’t have a strong list of DBs he put in the league. I know it’s not Sagan’s list but it’s nothing to slouch at either.

Advertisement

This is some top level, elite BS. Not that it's not true, but that it's just a groundwork laying excuse for when he goes elsewhere.

I bet if Manny hit them up every week, they'd complain that he was hitting them up too much.

This recruitment reeks. It reminds me of those early 2000 rap feuds.

Last edited:
he can bc he won't acknowledge that Miami just hired a top tier DB coach. **** just say Miami hasn't sent anyone high at the position since burns. (edit: thats how I would do it)

T-Rob is a top tier DB coach, but he is not Saban. And unfortunately T-ROB did not coach Sr.'s co-worker's first round son for the past three years (some may think Surtain was a 1st rounder wherever he goes, but i'd imagine the Surtains feel PS2 was developed well).

Miami landing one of ***ans/Rodgers alleviates the need for Little Jr, but them two boys play in $EC country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He can try that excuse but it won't land IMO.

The truth is respectable... One good position coach doesn't outweigh Bama having the better program, conference, facilities/training, coaching staff, title opportunities, draft record, etc.

What’s crazy is it’s not like T-Rob doesn’t have a strong list of DBs he put in the league. I know it’s not Sagan’s list but it’s nothing to slouch at either.
I’d be willing to bet Sabag’s average recruit ranking is significantly higher too. Cant be that difficult to develop Trevon Diggs and PS2, guys with elite measurable and NFL bloodlines.

Meanwhile everyone ignores that Daniel Wright has elite measurables and NFL bloodlines and is a JAG.

I’d be willing to bet Sabag’s average recruit ranking is significantly higher too. Cant be that difficult to develop Trevon Diggs and PS2, guys with elite measurable and NFL bloodlines.

Meanwhile everyone ignores that Daniel Wright has elite measurables and NFL bloodlines and is a JAG.
We can’t talk about that here. Only at UM are we supposed to turn 3 stars into day one picks cause some guy named Butch did it 20 years ago.
Also, every once in a while some program strikes gold with some underrated player and we’re supposed to recruit an entire team like that.

Advertisement
Back