Some tidbits

I 100% agree. But don’t be afraid to go for it. It’s not about ego, it’s about using our limited resources effectively.

so heres where I will say when the staff did feel like theres a shot there, they don't give up the battle. a few come to mind -- Knighton, Avantae Williams, James Williams even. remember Jwill was at UGA and seen as a lock there. him committing to Miami that night even surprised Miami staffers. now we have to do that more often for sure.

an example ill give that I heard about was brooks. Miami side felt he wasn't coming here no matter what. they knew he was gone to the SEC and didn't spend much time (or at least thats whats been said and ill say that recruiting is funny and there are two sides to everything). we ended up with a good WR class with or without him. either way, its so early still. well see how it all shapes out. ****, this time last year I believe smith was a gator and ended up a cane.

Advertisement

• Earl Little Jr said on Canesvilles interview he wants to stay close to home. Earl Sr said he wants to see him developed..... Yeah we know what that's pretty much leading to.(that episode will be dropping soon).

Trob and DVD has been on Earl Jr for awhile. They talk to him all the time. Just want communication with Manny to pick up because all the other schools HEAD coaches talks to him.

• Kam Kinchens Dad entered the comments and said: Banda did a great job recruiting Kam, watched film with him every week BUT Kam chose us because of DVD. DVD was the reason we even offered Kam in the first place.

Also said Aristide is a BEAST recruiter. They booked a visit to Texas A&M in the middle of Covid ALL because of Aristide but didn't go because of the protest about racism that broke out on campus.

All in All.... We got some DOGS on the recruiting trail.

Could’ve sworn Rumph was signing these DBs..

so heres where I will say when the staff did feel like theres a shot there, they don't give up the battle. a few come to mind -- Knighton, Avantae Williams, James Williams even. remember Jwill was at UGA and seen as a lock there. him committing to Miami that night even surprised Miami staffers. now we have to do that more often for sure.

an example ill give that I heard about was brooks. Miami side felt he wasn't coming here no matter what. they knew he was gone to the SEC and didn't spend much time (or at least thats whats been said and ill say that recruiting is funny and there are two sides to everything). we ended up with a good WR class with or without him. either way, its so early still. well see how it all shapes out. ****, this time last year I believe smith was a gator and ended up a cane.
My point is we train our kids to run out ground balls and hold their blocks and basically play through the whistle, and we value that. Manny needs to live that and exemplify it to. Maybe he does. But he wasn't a player and I'm personally not convinced he embodies that approach. As it applies to recruiting, I'm not saying waste resources but yeah, when you have a local kid who's realistic, go hard at them, and if they're not worth going hard at, don't spend time on them. If it isn't worth Manny's time, hard to see how it's worth T Rob's, and if it is worth T Rob's, given the circumstances, hard to see how it isn't worth Manny's. But I'd like to be able to have this discussion without it becoming a lightening rod for how everyone feels abotu Manny. I've been talking about recruiting approach and process for two decades. For me, this is just part of that discussion.

My point is we train our kids to run out ground balls and hold their blocks and basically play through the whistle, and we value that. Manny needs to live that and exemplify it to. Maybe he does. But he wasn't a player and I'm personally not convinced he embodies that approach. As it applies to recruiting, I'm not saying waste resources but yeah, when you have a local kid who's realistic, go hard at them, and if they're not worth going hard at, don't spend time on them. If it isn't worth Manny's time, hard to see how it's worth T Rob's, and if it is worth T Rob's, given the circumstances, hard to see how it isn't worth Manny's. But I'd like to be able to have this discussion without it becoming a lightening rod for how everyone feels abotu Manny. I've been talking about recruiting approach and process for two decades. For me, this is just part of that discussion.

true. well see what happens and in a year well find out the real story lol.

this is the debated point by many. is he realistic regardless of the story his dad is spinning? internally, we don't know bc we don't have specifics on what is really going on.

personally, I don't think he wants to be here regardless of what is being said. it just seems like their camp is softening the local blowback when he inevitably commits to Alabama (just the way I sense it so it doesn't mean its true). for other kids, it seems like Manny is reaching out and so is his staff (esp from the UA camp recap and the Kelly recruitment tidbits).

Advertisement
this is the debated point by many. is he realistic regardless of the story his dad is spinning? internally, we don't know bc we don't have specifics on what is really going on.

personally, I don't think he wants to be here regardless of what is being said. it just seems like their camp is softening the local blowback when he inevitably commits to Alabama (just the way I sense it so it doesn't mean its true). for other kids, it seems like Manny is reaching out and so is his staff (esp from the UA camp recap and the Kelly recruitment tidbits).
Serious question, do kids really get local blowback for choosing to go elsewhere nowadays? I see these kids getting nothing but congratulations and love from their peers including those that choose to go to UM. Some of them even know when dudes are trolling UM even though they are going there and I still see no blowback. I ask because maybe they receive it privately or in their community but in public I see quite the opposite

Serious question, do kids really get local blowback for choosing to go elsewhere nowadays? I see these kids getting nothing but congratulations and love from their peers including those that choose to go to UM. Some of them even know when dudes are trolling UM even though they are going there and I still see no blowback. I ask because maybe they receive it privately or in their community but in public I see quite the opposite

not sure tbh. im sure some do. ****, if any of them even view this board, they can see us calling them names for going elsewhere

I agree it’s an important point and we don’t know.

I have an issue with all the folks who claim or pretend they ‘know’ when it’s just a silly defense mechanism to protect Manny from criticism.

I personally don’t get the sense the kid has a closed mind. We’re not leading. That doesn’t mean it’s all rigged against us Or we shouldn’t bother try. Sounds like T Rob agrees.

Time will tell.

Advertisement
What’s crazy is it’s not like T-Rob doesn’t have a strong list of DBs he put in the league. I know it’s not Sagan’s list but it’s nothing to slouch at either.
0981EEE8-5EC4-4F53-BB98-80D756B76045.png

I have an issue with all the folks who claim or pretend they ‘know’ when it’s just a silly defense mechanism to protect Manny from criticism.

I personally don’t get the sense the kid has a closed mind. We’re not leading. That doesn’t mean it’s all rigged against us Or we shouldn’t bother try. Sounds like T Rob agrees.

Time will tell.

there are like 2-3 posters that I actually trust with info on a recruitment. the rest are just opinions (same as mine just an opinion nothing factual). I did have inside info on one recruitment of a kid who signed here but that was it.

Advertisement

Based on what I've seen over the year, no local blowback. Maybe a little for kids that troll. Everyone understands that the recruit is trying to lift the entire family up when they go to a top program. That's essentially the origin of the "respect my decision" tag.

If Miami had been run by a group of competent coaches and had continue to win at a high level, I think things would have been different. At the end of the day, our staff needs to show the local recruit why going to Miami is better than going to another school. T-Rob's track record of NFL players will absolutely help, as will Rousseau and Phillips going high in this draft.

Chantz Williams eliminated from his top 3.

Another example...recruiting is fluid.

Advertisement
T-Rob is a top tier DB coach, but he is not Saban. And unfortunately T-ROB did not coach Sr.'s co-worker's first round son for the past three years (some may think Surtain was a 1st rounder wherever he goes, but i'd imagine the Surtains feel PS2 was developed well).

Miami landing one of ***ans/Rodgers alleviates the need for Little Jr, but them two boys play in $EC country.
Corners that go to bama know the front seven gets them to the league. They have mad ordinary corners and they mostly get exposed in the league. It's the front seven...u barely have to do anything there. Same when we were dominant the front seven made our corners look godly. The NFL will show a different story.

Time will tell.

Ironic. People who question you probably have an issue being called hot **** drinkers or something to that effect for disagreeing with your expansive knowledge.

But since what you “know” is more valid than what other people “know” it’s obviously ok.

Advertisement
Back