Some things to remember

Advertisement
1. Hope for kids to push their decisions back, if that happens they’re at least thinking about Miami.

2. Go into this like we’re playing with house money, if Manny was still here things would be much worse tomorrow, there was no chance Kelly was coming if he’s here. Worst case scenario we load up in the portal and land a couple players tomorrow . Best case we have a few surprises and that’s just icing on the cake.

3. We’ll likely have a bunch of spots for the portal since the debacle of the season happened. So there’ll be an influx of much needed talented , especially on the defense via the portal.

4. By February we might have made up ground on some other big recruits and could end on a somewhat high note. I mean all things considered.

5. . This is only the beginning , we have one of the most respected recruiters in Cfb and he’ll prove that next year. But he’s not Jesus , he wasn’t going to make this a great class in a few days. The ride is just beginning.

It's sad that you even had to write this. Unless you are Saban or Meyer, most coaches can't turn a class that was ranked in the 60's into a top 10 class. That said, he will likely get a few surprises, and then next year blow the doors off recruiting. Anytime an elite recruiter links up with a brand, the commits start to come. I can almost guarantee that someone is going to accuse us of cheating or paying players. Likely FSU fans. I can't wait to be back in the national spotlight when it comes to recruiting. There was a time in the early to mid 200's were kids from all over the country were looking at the U. Coker couldn't close, so that let me know how bad of a recruiter he was. Now, for the first time in 15-20 years, I am not worried about getting who we want.

Correct me if Im wrong here.

A kid does not have to sign tomorrow or sign in February only. They can sign at any point between tomorrow and February, yes?
They can commit but cannot officially sign. Weird that way because after February signing day, they can sign whenever they want for the most part

There's a reason that dozens of us (me included) stopped reading the recruiting forum for months. Couldn't bear the agony of recruit after recruit decommitting under Manny's watch. Can't tell you how many posts I've seen saying that in the last week. Perspective and patience are key here. Not sure those are two words that are popular on CIS though.
Yeah there were a lot of us who quit reading it. I had the recruiting board bookmarked until manny lost to UNC. After that, even gator tears was too close to recruiting to open.

Advertisement
1. Hope for kids to push their decisions back, if that happens they’re at least thinking about Miami.

2. Go into this like we’re playing with house money, if Manny was still here things would be much worse tomorrow, there was no chance Kelly was coming if he’s here. Worst case scenario we load up in the portal and land a couple players tomorrow . Best case we have a few surprises and that’s just icing on the cake.

3. We’ll likely have a bunch of spots for the portal since the debacle of the season happened. So there’ll be an influx of much needed talented , especially on the defense via the portal.

4. By February we might have made up ground on some other big recruits and could end on a somewhat high note. I mean all things considered.

5. . This is only the beginning , we have one of the most respected recruiters in Cfb and he’ll prove that next year. But he’s not Jesus , he wasn’t going to make this a great class in a few days. The ride is just beginning.
Makes sense but sucks as far as recruiting goes.

message received Cribby 😎

Advertisement
Spot on. Everyone be levelheaded and reasonable tomorrow, no matter how it shakes out. My expectations: our committed guys sign with UM tomorrow (minus Landon and Carswell)... really hope I'm wrong on Landon. Then, we get Nyjalik Kelly and Kevin Coleman to sign with UM. Anything more than that is gravy. Give Mario his full staff and more than 10 days and we will love the results, I promise.

I hope you're right on Landon cause it probably means we got Coleman. Big time WR talent in the 2023 class, which will be Mario's bump class. We don't want to overload.

Advertisement
Apparently we might get this guy tomorrow according to Gabi. Offers aren't great but anyone know about him?

Apparently we might get this guy tomorrow according to Gabi. Offers aren't great but anyone know about him?

i think the only thing that could compel a recruit to sign tomorrow is if the recruit wants to enroll in January, otherwise the recruit can wait until February.
Or secure his spot. Some schools could pressure a kid, and tell him his offer may not be available if he delays his decision...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back