Some things to remember

1. Hope for kids to push their decisions back, if that happens they’re at least thinking about Miami.

2. Go into this like we’re playing with house money, if Manny was still here things would be much worse tomorrow, there was no chance Kelly was coming if he’s here. Worst case scenario we load up in the portal and land a couple players tomorrow . Best case we have a few surprises and that’s just icing on the cake.

3. We’ll likely have a bunch of spots for the portal since the debacle of the season happened. So there’ll be an influx of much needed talented , especially on the defense via the portal.

4. By February we might have made up ground on some other big recruits and could end on a somewhat high note. I mean all things considered.

5. . This is only the beginning , we have one of the most respected recruiters in Cfb and he’ll prove that next year. But he’s not Jesus , he wasn’t going to make this a great class in a few days. The ride is just beginning.
FLY. THE. ****. PLANE

how dare Mario not walk on water, I thought that’s how all the Cubans got to Miami

Advertisement
1639516262190.gif

We have been saying “Wait till next year “ for sooooo long … what’s one more “WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR”! Huh ! I trust Mario will get things right

Apparently Miami is after Domani Dent, Michigan commit. Not sure if it was posted anywhere but i just saw it on a national 247 article.

Moderator Edit - Added 247 profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
1. Hope for kids to push their decisions back, if that happens they’re at least thinking about Miami.

2. Go into this like we’re playing with house money, if Manny was still here things would be much worse tomorrow, there was no chance Kelly was coming if he’s here. Worst case scenario we load up in the portal and land a couple players tomorrow . Best case we have a few surprises and that’s just icing on the cake.

3. We’ll likely have a bunch of spots for the portal since the debacle of the season happened. So there’ll be an influx of much needed talented , especially on the defense via the portal.

4. By February we might have made up ground on some other big recruits and could end on a somewhat high note. I mean all things considered.

5. . This is only the beginning , we have one of the most respected recruiters in Cfb and he’ll prove that next year. But he’s not Jesus , he wasn’t going to make this a great class in a few days. The ride is just beginning.
will smith no GIF

We're getting everyone.

Yeah right. $5 will get you $10 that there will be mopes complaining tomorrow that Mario didn't somehow get the best class in the ACC (in a week no less)

Sir; the former “mopes” are in Cristobal’s corner. It’s the slurps that will complain as they supported & defended Diaz. It’s a 180 change.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Sir; the former “mopes” are in Cristobal’s corner. It’s the slurps that will complain as they supported & defended Diaz. It’s a 180 change.
No true hope is eternal my friend. I wanted to Manny to succeed because he was the coach of the Miami Hurricanes. I even was naive and wanted to win out after the 2-4 debacle. Once that putrid FSU team beat us my heart sunk to a place it has never been and that was it. I’m very happy with Cristobal and don’t think the cards could have lined up better honestly. What’s nice is at least for a small period of time the board will be a bit more positive and together which is pretty cool.

I haven't been following recruiting too much (there wasn't much to follow with Manny recruiting the way he was), so I'm hoping for a few surprises tomorrow and maybe a few elite kids pushing back to Feb. It's crazy that keeping Manny was even considered with how poor recruiting was going, while the rest of the ACC and country loads up on talent (UNC is having a historic class, by their standards). I trust coach Cristobal will get this thing going though, hopefully starting wit this class.

Advertisement
Reality is, we need some guys who can step in ready to contribute next season so Mario and our program buzz gets off to a good Year 1 start. That's what fvcked Manny the most besides his utter incompetence. He vomitted down his shirt in 2019 and got off to such a bad start that many fans lost faith in him right out of the gate. Your Year 1 should be a statement year as a new HC. Even if your team is not winning like you want, at least show progress in the areas of toughness, conditioning, execution and overall enthusiasm. Manny's squad that year was absolutely none of that.

We need some portal guys at CB (to replace Tyrique's leadership), LB for sure, DE, DT and probably on the OL, so the high school class doesn't need to be that big. And absolutely no need to waste scholly's trying to fill up a class. If it ends up being only 16 or so quality guys, then so be it.

I'd rather we load up and aim for a Top 5 class in 2023 anyway.

Not only would we not be in it for these high ranked guys near ESD but we would have also lost a lot more of our current committed class If Mario wasn’t here
There's a reason that dozens of us (me included) stopped reading the recruiting forum for months. Couldn't bear the agony of recruit after recruit decommitting under Manny's watch. Can't tell you how many posts I've seen saying that in the last week. Perspective and patience are key here. Not sure those are two words that are popular on CIS though.

Advertisement
Back