Some ridiculous Ward numbers

Advertisement
@ghost2 I know you watched some games on YouTube. Did you see what I saw that he holds on to the ball too long and is sometimes careless with it? Yes his OL stunk, his WRa couldnt get open, and he wanted to make plays. But my assessment was that a lot of those sacks and fumbles could have been avoided if he was more decisive.

Super happy Mario and Dawson got their guy. Kid is talented no doubt. Just saying that the non highlights show some areas needing improvement that also explain the sacks and turnovers.

I commented this in another thread so apologies for the duplicate, but it was such a crazy set of stats I thought it warranted its own post. Mods if you disagree feel free to delete/merge:

Ward was sacked 39 times in 2023. Wazzu gave up 3.5 sacks per game, good for 123rd in FBS. Now here's the fun part - statistically, Ward was the same QB or better under duress. Dude got sacked 6 times v Oregon and threw for 430 yards. 6 times v Cal and threw for 354 and 3 TDs.

Now in the rare instances Wazzu actually did give him time? Sacked once v Oregon St. and threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs at an 82.4% completion. In fact the only game he was never sacked was Northern Colorado and he threw 4 TDs at 72% completion, ran for another, and threw for 325 yards IN THE FIRST HALF.

Under pressure he was a star. With time he was otherworldly. Another poster described him as the "anti TVD" and I think that's a great analogy.
This is actually insane! For the first time in over 20 years we finally have an NFL caliber QB!!

Advertisement
I commented this in another thread so apologies for the duplicate, but it was such a crazy set of stats I thought it warranted its own post. Mods if you disagree feel free to delete/merge:

Ward was sacked 39 times in 2023. Wazzu gave up 3.5 sacks per game, good for 123rd in FBS. Now here's the fun part - statistically, Ward was the same QB or better under duress. Dude got sacked 6 times v Oregon and threw for 430 yards. 6 times v Cal and threw for 354 and 3 TDs.

Now in the rare instances Wazzu actually did give him time? Sacked once v Oregon St. and threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs at an 82.4% completion. In fact the only game he was never sacked was Northern Colorado and he threw 4 TDs at 72% completion, ran for another, and threw for 325 yards IN THE FIRST HALF.

Under pressure he was a star. With time he was otherworldly. Another poster described him as the "anti TVD" and I think that's a great analogy.
That's the thing with cam. He flat out doesn't get rattled in the moment. He's very business like in his approach and can do it multiple ways. This pick up is HUGE for the program. Now we stay healthy on the line and figure out safety and playoffs here we come.

Advertisement
This guy is a different level of talent than most portal QBs… He’s a legit NFL talent QB! Not just some QB that’s bouncing around from school to school…
I agree, I just wanted to see some comparable situations. Most times these guys transfer with 2 years remaining.

People really don't understand how talented of a pure passer this kid is...

I know you **** well haven’t even really wrapped your mind around this dude being here yet like I haven’t either. The fact we get to walk into the sewer GAME 1 with this dude prepping with our players for 8 months…..**** feels like it’s not even real honestly. I’m gonna have to see a video of him working out on green tree or in the IPF to believe it fully.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This was an actual football comment that was logical and reasonable. Has Cam Ward fixed Cane Nation…?
200.gif

I know you **** well haven’t even really wrapped your mind around this dude being here yet like I haven’t either. The fact we get to walk into the sewer GAME 1 with this dude prepping with our players for 8 months…..**** feels like it’s not even real honestly. I’m gonna have to see a video of him working out on green tree or in the IPF to believe it fully.
Line has already moved 4 pts (Gaytor - 1.5 to Gaytor +2.5) and probably a few more pts when August comes around.

Mario better not F this up. A legit NFL QB that if all goes to plan (let Dawson actually call the plays), team is in the ACCCG. Maybe the playoffs with a little bit of luck...and If Mario reverts to his 3 yds and cloud of dust up the middle calls, well, good ole' Luke will probably be committing to another team come December...so this not just about the 24 season, but the 25 and 26 seasons stacking QB talent.

This coming season is either the next giant step forward or the proverbial 'we suck again' mantra.

King broke records in year 1.
I don’t really like the comparisons we do around here in general but Cam actually reminds me a lot of King

Not a direct comparison of size and measurables of course, but the way he leads his team, the intangibles I’ve seen, the Alpha presence he brings, the command of the game in general. It’s like a feel watching guys like it

Hes just got more physical tools than King but we’ve needed that presence back there

Advertisement
Back