Some ridiculous Ward numbers

It's crazy what happens when something positive occurs I know.
Today is far too good of a day my friend to engage in semantics. I know that you are more than aware we've had plenty of positives you and your squad could've atleast kicked the tires on once in a blue. U made a conscious choice to approach things the way you guys did. But you're here so well get you a seat on the train. But your in coach compadre and the attendants will have their eyes on you...

Advertisement
Mikey Keene is another one.

Actually, you could add Cameron Ward himself to the list...

Among that list, only Caleb & MPJr followed their OC, the rest had immediate success with a new OC. It's comparable.

But even if it isn’t, that doesn't matter. Ward's talent & skill set is transferable across the board, the only way you mess it up is if you do so intentionally by being a complete idiot.

I'm not sure Dawson is a complete idiot, maybe he is, but I'm not sure he is.
Exactly, fam. With a talent like Ward in place, we should be able to run an offense that pleases everyone. However, this remains contingent on if Mario allows Dawson to run a pure Air Raid passing attack.

Notice how I said passing attack and not offense. Truth is that most teams that run a pure Air Raid offense, don't have the OL & RB personnel to run the rock with tuffness & fizicality. With our personnel, we should look an Air Raid O but with a higher run % and a punishing running style.

Look, I know we poke fun on CIS because of Mario's Caveman rep(and actions), but this is football. Having the ability to reset the LOS, maul the dudes across from us & gain tough yards will always be an advantage. A mind-boggling lack of situational awareness will always be a disadvantage.

If Mario doesn't meddle and Dawson knows what he's doing, we're a WR1 away from being DANGEROUS...

Gotta love the never ending bar right. When Tyler was showing out Dawson was amazing. Soon as Tyler fell back into his ways against comp, its ****** Mario is Killin us and Dawson is sick and tired of being micromanaged. **** never gets old around here.

But don’t forget, after the FSU game, Mario backed off and it was all Dawson. That’s why the offense looked better the last 2 weeks. That pesky Mario.

Gonna go rewatch the first four games of the season to get hyped again
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Cornerback too?
Makes scoring points that much more important. It's time to open it up, score points, and let the D grow up in the process. I swear, if we see more sludgeball to eat the clock to protect a young secondary, I'll lose it. The best way to protect a young D is by scoring a **** of a lot of points so a mistake or three doesn't cost you the game.

Advertisement
Today is far too good of a day my friend to engage in semantics. I know that you are more than aware we've had plenty of positives you and your squad could've atleast kicked the tires on once in a blue. U made a conscious choice to approach things the way you guys did. But you're here so well get you a seat on the train. But your in coach compadre and the attendants will have their eyes on you...
I speak for myself and only myself at all times. I still see things that I don't like. I still have grave concerns. I asked for a real QB and Mario delivered. I'm cool with waiting it out at this point because this is the first time I see a chance at winning more than 7 or 8 games. I think if you actually knew what I posted you would see often times it's not mob mentality "can he play DT". Nevertheless I'm currently pleased so I'm chilling.

I speak for myself and only myself at all times. I still see things that I don't like. I still have grave concerns. I asked for a real QB and Mario delivered. I'm cool with waiting it out at this point because this is the first time I see a chance at winning more than 7 or 8 games. I think if you actually knew what I posted you would see often times it's not mob mentality "can he play DT". Nevertheless I'm currently pleased so I'm chilling.

Brother, everyone with half a brain sees things they don't like. The question is where is the program headed. Respectfully, since Mario has taken over, you rarely acknowledge the positive signs but relish calling out the negatives. Maybe your outlook is changing. I hope so as the board has been far too miserable and cynical under Mario, who has only been in role for 2 years and a month and is tasked with turning around a 23 year downward spiral.

I think you post honest opinions and I agree with many of your concerns. You do like to troll or tweak the Slurpers, which I get, but that’s also why they target you número uno. It’s also why their quips at you aren’t as much an issue for me as they are when they go after pure opinion posters who don’t do anything beyond giving an honest opinion.

The back and forth between you and them is fine given the total context. That said, there’s no doubt that you’re happy we got Ward and that has nothing to do with you tweaking/trolling them.

Advertisement
Brother, everyone with half a brain sees things they don't like. The question is where is the program headed. Respectfully, since Mario has taken over, you rarely acknowledge the positive signs but relish calling out the negatives. Maybe your outlook is changing. I hope so as the board has been far too miserable and cynical under Mario, who has only been in role for 2 years and a month and is tasked with turning around a 23 year downward spiral.
Because the positives to you may not be a positive to me. If you tell me the portal class is good because you like Lee Cohen and Mauigoa that does not mean I have to agree. My outlook has changed. I'm not being sold a QB I don't believe in.

I think you post honest opinions and I agree with many of your concerns. You do like to troll or tweak the Slurpers, which I get, but that’s also why they target you número uno. It’s also why their quips at you aren’t as much an issue for me as they are when they go after pure opinion posters who don’t do anything beyond giving an honest opinion.

The back and forth between you and them is fine given the total context. That said, there’s no doubt that you’re happy we got Ward and that has nothing to do with you tweaking/trolling them.
This is 100% true.

I'll say my final peace on Mario (at least for today).

I strongly believe we should have won 9 games this year even with the holes we had on roster. So those two games are on Mario. But stepping away from the tactical failures, he inherited a team that was in a death spiral. People like to look at composite ratings and stars to say Mario inherited a good enough team to win more and more quickly.

That 2022 roster was a Fing disaster, we were literally no better than schools like MTSU and deserved to lose to them. Even the games we won like the UVA game triggered night terrors. Among the worst OL and LB groups in the conference in both starter and depth quality. The walking wounded at RB with a fumble-prone starter who consistently failed to earn a yard when we really needed one. Virtually all of the remaining talent were the Covid class, the freshmen and transfers. Obviously, his choices at coordinator were really bad, too.

In 2 years, Mario has entirely flipped the roster (and the staff). The only starters we'll see from the Manny era are Rivers and Restrepo on the offense, possibly Arroyo, and Harrison-Hunte on defense. There's a remote chance George and Chase Smith see significant action, though my guess is both are more likely to hit the portal than be in our 2-deep. That's it. 3-4 starters, 6 total possible contributors. Plus the kicker.

No more Manny kids, for better or for worse. ... IMHO, I think we're playoff bound.

I'll say my final peace on Mario (at least for today).

I strongly believe we should have won 9 games this year even with the holes we had on roster. So those two games are on Mario. But stepping away from the tactical failures, he inherited a team that was in a death spiral. People like to look at composite ratings and stars to say Mario inherited a good enough team to win more and more quickly.

That 2022 roster was a Fing disaster, we were literally no better than schools like MTSU and deserved to lose to them. Even the games we won like the UVA game triggered night terrors. Among the worst OL and LB groups in the conference in both starter and depth quality. The walking wounded at RB with a fumble-prone starter who consistently failed to earn a yard when we really needed one. Virtually all of the remaining talent were the Covid class, the freshmen and transfers. Obviously, his choices at coordinator were really bad, too.

In 2 years, Mario has entirely flipped the roster (and the staff). The only starters we'll see from the Manny era are Rivers and Restrepo on the offense, possibly Arroyo, and Harrison-Hunte on defense. There's a remote chance George and Chase Smith see significant action, though my guess is both are more likely to hit the portal than be in our 2-deep. That's it. 3-4 starters, 6 total possible contributors. Plus the kicker.

No more Manny kids, for better or for worse. ... IMHO, I think we're playoff bound.
He’s a great recruiter. He hasn’t even been decent on the field to date here and it isn’t because of the roster. I’ll post it again…

IMG_3810.jpeg

IMG_3811.jpeg

Advertisement
Exactly, fam. With a talent like Ward in place, we should be able to run an offense that pleases everyone. However, this remains contingent on if Mario allows Dawson to run a pure Air Raid passing attack.

Notice how I said passing attack and not offense. Truth is that most teams that run a pure Air Raid offense, don't have the OL & RB personnel to run the rock with tuffness & fizicality. With our personnel, we should look an Air Raid O but with a higher run % and a punishing running style.

Look, I know we poke fun on CIS because of Mario's Caveman rep(and actions), but this is football. Having the ability to reset the LOS, maul the dudes across from us & gain tough yards will always be an advantage. A mind-boggling lack of situational awareness will always be a disadvantage.

If Mario doesn't meddle and Dawson knows what he's doing, we're a WR1 away from being DANGEROUS...
You don't NEED a wr1 with a qb like this SO LONG AS YOU HAVE LEGIT OPTIONS IN THE WR ROOM. Which we have.

Advertisement
preach GIF

Hoping we throw to the tight ends more this year too
I mean I hope so too. But we gotta call out our tight end group in that equation as well. It would be foolish for our oc to call plays routinely(cause they were called more often than throws were made)when our tight ends showed pretty poor effort on passing plays and dropped the ball more often than not. I have hope for Riley but his effort level left alot to be desired and he dropped a **** ton of passes when he was looked to. I really hate that we lost skinner but I understand where he can be viewed as a liability to an extent. He couldn't block and his hands were inconsistent. Sucks to see it that way but it's true. Really hoping Lofton comes in and shows that dog he always has and Riley and arroyo use that fuel to compete and elevate the room. Iron sharpens iron.(Mccormick wasn't worth discussing & arroyo was always hurt)

I mean I hope so too. But we gotta call out our tight end group in that equation as well. It would be foolish for our oc to call plays routinely(cause they were called more often than throws were made)when our tight ends showed pretty poor effort on passing plays and dropped the ball more often than not. I have hope for Riley but his effort level left alot to be desired and he dropped a **** ton of passes when he was looked to. I really hate that we lost skinner but I understand where he can be viewed as a liability to an extent. He couldn't block and his hands were inconsistent. Sucks to see it that way but it's true. Really hoping Lofton comes in and shows that dog he always has and Riley and arroyo use that fuel to compete and elevate the room. Iron sharpens iron.(Mccormick wasn't worth discussing & arroyo was always hurt)
I think lofton is going to make some noise, I see a little laporta craftiness in his game.

Advertisement
Back