Some ridiculous Ward numbers

I commented this in another thread so apologies for the duplicate, but it was such a crazy set of stats I thought it warranted its own post. Mods if you disagree feel free to delete/merge:

Ward was sacked 39 times in 2023. Wazzu gave up 3.5 sacks per game, good for 123rd in FBS. Now here's the fun part - statistically, Ward was the same QB or better under duress. Dude got sacked 6 times v Oregon and threw for 430 yards. 6 times v Cal and threw for 354 and 3 TDs.

Now in the rare instances Wazzu actually did give him time? Sacked once v Oregon St. and threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs at an 82.4% completion. In fact the only game he was never sacked was Northern Colorado and he threw 4 TDs at 72% completion, ran for another, and threw for 325 yards IN THE FIRST HALF.

Under pressure he was a star. With time he was otherworldly. Another poster described him as the "anti TVD" and I think that's a great analogy.
started a thread about this yesterday ... this kid is the goods ...

Advertisement
He’s a great recruiter. He hasn’t even been decent on the field to date here and it isn’t because of the roster. I’ll post it again…

View attachment 278791

View attachment 278792

Mario is a lot more than a great recruiter. What he is NOT is a brilliant game strategist. Deboer's career so far suggests he is one of the best. I'm blown away at his bio, though I admit I haven't really followed him.

Look, I've never said Mario is the best coach in college football. I do think he's Top 10-15, climbing up the ranks now that Saban has retired. But of those other names, how many would fit with Miami? I personally think he's the best fit (Lane was my #2). And like Kirby and Saban, I think he'll out-talent everyone going forward. Shout out to @Dwinstitles

I think lofton is going to make some noise, I see a little laporta craftiness in his game.
Laporta is an All-Pro TE. Lofton is more likely to be a CJ Donaldson given his 6'1 stature.

Advertisement
Is @ben a Cway Lions fan?
Ben is a Bear
20240111_190142.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario is a lot more than a great recruiter. What he is NOT is a brilliant game strategist. Deboer's career so far suggests he is one of the best. I'm blown away at his bio, though I admit I haven't really followed him.

Look, I've never said Mario is the best coach in college football. I do think he's Top 10-15, climbing up the ranks now that Saban has retired. But of those other names, how many would fit with Miami? I personally think he's the best fit (Lane was my #2). And like Kirby and Saban, I think he'll out-talent everyone going forward. Shout out to @Dwinstitles
Get the talent and u win in cfb. Bamas HC great strategist has to win now cause as far as recruiting his talent will diminish by the year imo

People really don't understand how talented of a pure passer this kid is...

To the point where he can run Mike Leach Air Raid. Where you dont even have to put a back on the field or need a run game to help him out.

Similar to Mahomes. Those types of Air Raid passers dont come around as much as the coaches, who like that sysyem, would like.

Advertisement

“NOT… a brilliant game strategist“?

No he’s not. He’s awful at the game day part of it. Awful. He’s not more than a stellar recruiter right now. But he can start to change that narrative this year.

I’m a lions fan forever but my dad is a bears fan… and living in chicago I want the bears to not suck
Good chunk of my family lives in Chicago. Makes me hate the Bears even more.

Advertisement
Back