Some ridiculous Ward numbers

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
I commented this in another thread so apologies for the duplicate, but it was such a crazy set of stats I thought it warranted its own post. Mods if you disagree feel free to delete/merge:

Ward was sacked 39 times in 2023. Wazzu gave up 3.5 sacks per game, good for 123rd in FBS. Now here's the fun part - statistically, Ward was the same QB or better under duress. Dude got sacked 6 times v Oregon and threw for 430 yards. 6 times v Cal and threw for 354 and 3 TDs.

Now in the rare instances Wazzu actually did give him time? Sacked once v Oregon St. and threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs at an 82.4% completion. In fact the only game he was never sacked was Northern Colorado and he threw 4 TDs at 72% completion, ran for another, and threw for 325 yards IN THE FIRST HALF.

Under pressure he was a star. With time he was otherworldly. Another poster described him as the "anti TVD" and I think that's a great analogy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you think this can be a good marriage if Dawson is allowed to run his scheme?
This is first thing that comes to mind for me. I would have to rewatch, but I remember WSU offense being more fast paced, quick hitters and rpos run and shoot based type offense, even going 4/5 wide regularly..

Hope we can pick up some proven dudes out wide asap but off season championships aint it anymore, more just waiting til game in canesville at this point and then still have to wait til midseason canes game vs mediocre acc opponent to really see

Advertisement
Unless Mario & Dawson are total retards, it would take a colossal effort for it not to work with a QB of this caliber.

I really think this is make or break for Mario. I’m not going mope squad the following day here; Mario gets HUGE props for landing Ward.

But, he also CANNOT meddle with the offense or Wards game. If he ***** up with Ward he will never land another elite QB. Too much visibility here.

Seems like he’s exactly what we need at qb. Ward is a very talented passer with great arm strength and he pays attention to the small details of playing qb such as looking off the defenders and going through his progressions.(this was non existent with tvd). Wouldn’t consider him a dual threat at all but he can pick up first downs running and can extends the plays down the field on the run

anyone break down the turnovers and fumbles? might need to improve his ball security.

Pressure definitely doesn’t help. WSU was almost dead last in sacks given up. He’s usually running for his life.

I do think it’s part of his game he needs to work on but I wouldn’t expect it to be as much of a concern with our OL.

Advertisement
I commented this in another thread so apologies for the duplicate, but it was such a crazy set of stats I thought it warranted its own post. Mods if you disagree feel free to delete/merge:

Ward was sacked 39 times in 2023. Wazzu gave up 3.5 sacks per game, good for 123rd in FBS. Now here's the fun part - statistically, Ward was the same QB or better under duress. Dude got sacked 6 times v Oregon and threw for 430 yards. 6 times v Cal and threw for 354 and 3 TDs.

Now in the rare instances Wazzu actually did give him time? Sacked once v Oregon St. and threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs at an 82.4% completion. In fact the only game he was never sacked was Northern Colorado and he threw 4 TDs at 72% completion, ran for another, and threw for 325 yards IN THE FIRST HALF.

Under pressure he was a star. With time he was otherworldly. Another poster described him as the "anti TVD" and I think that's a great analogy.
I just got a chub

Yes I said in another thread that basically Cam is the type of QB that can get you out of some ****, for example we go to Gainesville game one, he basically evens up home field.

Advertisement

Sad America GIF

Advertisement
Back