Some quick notes

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
- D'Onofrio/Howard story is true.

- Somebody inside the team used a comparison for Howard (as a player) that I used around NSD-- he's a Brandon Harris-type. I think that's a big complement, but some may feel otherwise. The word I got is that the most talented corner on the team is Antonio Crawford. Nate Dortch needs size, Hope is behind those three.

- Heard good things about the young defensive linemen like Hamilton, Briscoe and O'Donnell, which was reassuring. They aren't ready yet but look to have talent. Moore is grading out well.

- The guy we miss the most right now is Allen Hurns. He is Morris's best friend and favorite receiver. Team sources think he'll be back this week but I get the sense no one really knows.

Advertisement
D$, So D'Onfrio doesn't have respect of the players on D like the post suggested?

If so, that is some of the worst news I've heard in a long time.

The passing game has definitely suffered without Hurns. Against Kstate the first drive he was in the passing game looked good. Then he gets hurt and the passing game has not looked the same since.

Advertisement
D$, So D'Onfrio doesn't have respect of the players on D like the post suggested?

I don't know about all that. The incident is true, though.

maxcane has no agenda..incident was true its obvious he knows someone on the team.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
He also said this "What I can comment is that the real problem is D'Onofrio is a jerk and the players don't like him or respond to him. He routinely tells them f*** you, calls them punks, tells them they suck, calls them clueless and he is mean spirited when he says it. Not to mention he blames the kids for everything, he never takes ownership for anything.

Its hard to believe D'Onofrio worked on Greg Schiano's staff because he is the anti Schiano. Schiano is/was a tough coach but he always treated the kids with respect and believe it or not rarely cursed at them. He would occasionally curse, but never directed at a kid. Schiano empowered kids and never stopped teaching and encouraging. D'Onofrio is condescending, disrespectful and just a jerk.

So what does this have to do with Tracy? He was in the doghouse yesterday. Why? Because he had enough of being treated like a dog this week in practice and talked to D'Onofrio the same way D'Onofrio talked to him and it landed him in the doghouse.

These isn't about scheme. It's not about coaches being tough because they should be. This is about respect and earning the kid's trust, Al talks about this all the time. D'Onofrio needs to change or go. These kids are tuning him out. You can only treat them badly and blame them for every mental error for so long before they all say f*** you. If the MEs are so frequent, perhaps the teaching isnt effective, perhaps you, Coach D'Onofrio, aren't putting the kids in positions where they can be successful. Take some ownership and treat the kids they way you would want to be treated. D'onofrio is the adult, he needs to act like an adult. If he doesn't change this could blow up.
"

Its obvious Maxcane has some connections within the team... His history of posts show no bias or agenda..He rarely posts about football team

I know someone who coached with Schiano and everything in the post above about Schiano is WAAAAAY off. Dude is a HUGE ******* just about all the time from what he told me. Pretty good coach though.

Advertisement
I don't really think it's a big deal. Coach D is trying to get the best out of Howard. Stuff like this happens in football all the time. Now if the players don't respect him that would be bad.

As far as Howard being a Brandon Harris type, that would be fine with me. Harris was undervalued here and was truly solid for three seasons. The fact that Finnie looks like a solid corner and Crawford being the most talented corner we got to go along with Howard means we have three good young corners there.

I'm also curious to see what Dortch can bring to the table.

well maybe the players need to grow up and become men, humble themselves and play there rolls and they will have success

It's a looooong season and these kids will have plenty of ups and downs. You really don't know just how much of a grind a college football season unless you've been there every day.

Advertisement
Back