Some post-game thoughts

Translation is that we got out coached AGAIN

Not sure why you are getting down voted.

D$ says it in his post. Chryst offense outschemed Diaz and ours didn’t do the same.

We need to get better in all 3 phases. STs coaching is horrific.

What he said is that we have some glaring weaknesses that opponents have been able to exploit. We're bad enough at a few positions that coaching can't mask it. Not Richt's fault at this point, we just need better guys.

And we don’t exploit other teams glaring weaknesses.

People can’t have it both ways. Couldn’t compete with Clemson bc they recruit better then us. Can’t beat Pitt and WI, why? We recruit better then them.
Wisconsin might not be as talented but they were the more Veteran ball club and it showed. Their OL would hold our DL if they got beat or commit pass interference on our receivers rather than giving up an easy score. I remember in one occasion Cager was held and Malik under threw the ball and Cager didn’t even fight for it and it’s been like that with Cager this year. Maybe it’s frustration but still he should not have allowed that int. Then when Jeff Thomas was held on the drive our All world field goal kicker missed from 27 f’cking yards. It also seemed like Every **** kicker made personal record best field goals against us this season, F@cking twilight zone feeling. I’m so glad this season is over because I can’t watch another Canes game with Malik Rosier as our starter.

Advertisement
Don't care about the defense.

Rosier killed everything wit that INT. We were rolling, Hornibrook was struggling. Everything changed after that

Sorry, 44 rushing attempts to 29 is indeed being pushed around.

They ran 23 more plays total, largely because of turnovers and 10+ yard passes for first downs. They ran on 56% of their plays and we ran 53%. No big difference.

Wisconsin didn't push anybody around or wear anybody down. 3.2 yards per carry is garbage and would rank 123rd in the country over the course of the season.

There is no question we need to improve the power element of the running game. Some of that will come with personnel at FB, TE and OL that more closely resembles Richt's Georgia teams. But we should never play like Wisconsin.

The best thing we can do is leverage our unique speed at receiver to back those safeties up. This is the first year since 2010 that our yards per pass attempt dipped below 8.0. We were 55th in the country after averaging 19th in the country the past six years.

If Perry wins the job, we will have a gifted downfield thrower and a fleet of guys like Richards, Thomas and Harley. That will create soft boxes for our talented backs.

Some of Richt's best offensive scheming this year came when would sent the midgets flying down field and then started eating slot screens with Berrios and Herndon against loose dime coverage. Wish he did it more often.

With that said, ultimate, Dooger's point is that Miami needs to run the ball at a higher volume...and he's right. Its weird seeing so many on this forum not getting this fundamental approach to football when the data is easily accessible. Good teams run the ball...ALOT...and it doesn't always have to be effective from a yards per carry stand point in a single game bubble, but the effort and the mindset to scheme needs to be there.

Its pretty funny that you mention "we should never be like Wisconsin" when you look at what Georgia has done in two years under Smart as they got away from Richt.

I'm not knocking Richt, as I love the man and what he brings to this school after over a decade of nonsense. However, Georgia went from (regardless of OC) a team that ran the ball season-to-season erratically (some years 34 - bad - some years 37 - meh - a few scant years 40ish - good) under Mike Bobo, to running the ball 45 times per game this year under Smart. Look at where Georgia is...look at where Miami is. Its a good case study.

Richt needs to run the ball more. We need to start utilizing two tight ends and a fullback. Not at the expense of the receivers, but there needs to be an effort to run in volume. There needs to be a bully mindset. I am not sure why you wouldn't with the stable of backs Miami always has available to them. With the addition of Lingard and Davis next year the maturation of Dallas and Homer, I have no idea why you wouldn't want them pounding the rock 45 times per game. I'd wager we'd make the CFB playoffs if we rushed the ball 45 times per game. Miami's talent base is often prime to run big boy football with next level athleticism on the outside. Its not like South Florida lacks for OL these days and its not like Miami, with our long history of developing TEs, can't find them and have them readily available. We can acquire the types of players to run bully football.

1. We out-rushed Wisconsin last night. Wisky has only given up 98 yards rushing per game on the season. We gained 174 yards at 6.0 a pop. They've been averaging 222 yards per game at about 5 yards per carry. Against us they had 142 for 3.2 YPC. So who bullied who?

2. The main reason we out-rushed Wisconsin is because we run the ball out of the spread. We spread their slow defenders out and make them cover more ground. If we had lined up in the I-formation or with double TE's we would've invited those big country strong MF's into the box, which plays right into their hand.

3. That bully mindset is a bunch of rah-rah tough guy BS. It's about winning football games. You do what is best for you to win. Lining up in power sets does not give Miami their best advantage. Miami's advantage is speed not power. If our QB isn't a degenerate then we blow teams like Wisconsin out of the water with our speed. We got behind their secondary several times. Our speed at WR scares people. It's unique to what most teams in the country have. There is nothing scary or unique about Miami's "power" or strength.

4. Miami's talent base is NOT prime to run big boy football. I don't even know how you come to that conclusion. Every high school team in South FLA is spread. These kids do 7-on-7 work weekly. Our local WR's attend camps every Sunday where they practice technique and go up against the top DB's from the area.
NOTHING about South Florida is bully football. It's high flying "catch me if you can" football.

5. It's hard to run the ball 45 times per game when your defense gives up 21 points in the 2nd quarter and you're playing from behind.

They ran 23 more plays total, largely because of turnovers and 10+ yard passes for first downs. They ran on 56% of their plays and we ran 53%. No big difference.

Wisconsin didn't push anybody around or wear anybody down. 3.2 yards per carry is garbage and would rank 123rd in the country over the course of the season.

There is no question we need to improve the power element of the running game. Some of that will come with personnel at FB, TE and OL that more closely resembles Richt's Georgia teams. But we should never play like Wisconsin.

The best thing we can do is leverage our unique speed at receiver to back those safeties up. This is the first year since 2010 that our yards per pass attempt dipped below 8.0. We were 55th in the country after averaging 19th in the country the past six years.

If Perry wins the job, we will have a gifted downfield thrower and a fleet of guys like Richards, Thomas and Harley. That will create soft boxes for our talented backs.

Some of Richt's best offensive scheming this year came when would sent the midgets flying down field and then started eating slot screens with Berrios and Herndon against loose dime coverage. Wish he did it more often.

With that said, ultimate, Dooger's point is that Miami needs to run the ball at a higher volume...and he's right. Its weird seeing so many on this forum not getting this fundamental approach to football when the data is easily accessible. Good teams run the ball...ALOT...and it doesn't always have to be effective from a yards per carry stand point in a single game bubble, but the effort and the mindset to scheme needs to be there.

Its pretty funny that you mention "we should never be like Wisconsin" when you look at what Georgia has done in two years under Smart as they got away from Richt.

I'm not knocking Richt, as I love the man and what he brings to this school after over a decade of nonsense. However, Georgia went from (regardless of OC) a team that ran the ball season-to-season erratically (some years 34 - bad - some years 37 - meh - a few scant years 40ish - good) under Mike Bobo, to running the ball 45 times per game this year under Smart. Look at where Georgia is...look at where Miami is. Its a good case study.

Richt needs to run the ball more. We need to start utilizing two tight ends and a fullback. Not at the expense of the receivers, but there needs to be an effort to run in volume. There needs to be a bully mindset. I am not sure why you wouldn't with the stable of backs Miami always has available to them. With the addition of Lingard and Davis next year the maturation of Dallas and Homer, I have no idea why you wouldn't want them pounding the rock 45 times per game. I'd wager we'd make the CFB playoffs if we rushed the ball 45 times per game. Miami's talent base is often prime to run big boy football with next level athleticism on the outside. Its not like South Florida lacks for OL these days and its not like Miami, with our long history of developing TEs, can't find them and have them readily available. We can acquire the types of players to run bully football.
With Chubb and Michel you can run a lot more. ****, Chubb alone allows that if healthy.
I don't know GA's running numbers over richt's time, but he seemed to get some serious studs into the NFL who (unlike Shannon and Golden) produced in college. (Duke aside).
OL is the key, but we should never have the limited backfield we had this year.

With Chubb and Michel you can run a lot more. ****, Chubb alone allows that if healthy.
I don't know GA's running numbers over richt's time, but he seemed to get some serious studs into the NFL who (unlike Shannon and Golden) produced in college. (Duke aside).

Georgia's running game has been up and down the past 10 years or so. They're tearing it up this season but last year they were so-so. Some years they're in the top of the SEC and some years they're in the middle. Their 2014 rushing offense under Richt was just as good as their current one.
Some years they run the ball 45 times per game, some years 35 times per game.
I'm guessing this all depends on their personnel.

Richt's teams at UGA have shown the willingness to pound the rock.

If he starts getting away from that philosophy then I can only assume it's because he doesn't think that we have the personnel for it. (and I would agree)

A lot of people don't understand that just because something works at one school doesn't mean it'll work at another.

Advertisement

We did not have the personnel to run the ball down teams throats like a Wisconsin or Georgia. What part of that do you not understand? That should not be Miami's Offensive philosophy going forward with the talent we're going to have at the skill positions and Quarterback.

As I stated on the recruiting board...

We had an NFL quality senior fullback gifted to us...we had two NFL quality TEs last year...we had a junior pocket passer QB and a stable of backs including healthy Walton, Edwards, Yearby, and Homer...and Richt STILL didn't run the football.

So, not sure what "personnel" matters here...its not a personnel issue, its a philosophy issue.

"Personnel" = OL. You can't make up for a poor run blocking OL with 3 TE and a FB. We just don't have the line to run right at teams, and it's not even debatable. The only times all year we've been able to do it are when the other team's given up.

Yes good teams run the ball a lot, but you can't magically be a good team by running more. You have to have the OL and RB to do it and we've only got half that equation right now.

Sorry, 44 rushing attempts to 29 is indeed being pushed around. As long as Richt continues to run the ball so seldom it won't particularly matter about the personnel. We won't win anything of consequence while running 30 or 32 times per game on average. I'll continue to push that theme, same as the necessity of premier defensive tackles and premier pass defense, which is largely enabled by premier defensive tackles. I don't rely on overreaction or short term. I have NCAA and NFL stats dating to Excel spreadsheets dating to 1978. The online sources generally retreat only to 1983. I grabbed record books from Gamblers Book Club as soon as I arrived in Las Vegas in 1984.

That pass rush won't get there on third down when the opponent has patiently created third and 4 by pounding two consecutive 3 yard runs on first and second down. Those short rushing gains are gorgeous plays, controlling plays. Meanwhile we break off one long wildcat run which inflates the yards per carry but does absolutely nothing to wear down Wisconsin. It annoys them more than anything else.

The game last night was an excellent reference point toward where we truly stand. The Notre Dame game was an inflated version of our worth. That opponent was not rated highly in preseason. Plenty of fraud and upstart qualities. Home in prime time. Clemson was not a great barometer either. As I've posted for years, when a surprise unbeaten team loses for the first time deep in the season, the next game is almost always a severe flop. Nobody wants to believe that, in preference to the bounce back high-energy nonsense. Meanwhile, the team is not that great to begin with, yet has devoted so much physical and mental energy to winning one close and/or unlikely game after another that there's simply nowhere to go but splat, unless that next opponent is simply terrible. Same thing happened several years ago when we were 7-0 before losing at Florida State. Virginia Tech as 7 point underdog kicked our rear the following week.

Let's put it this way...when the Las Vegas sharps push a pointspread from -7.5 to -13.5 among two high profile teams like Miami and Clemson, that is due to situational understanding. That's all it is. They are picking on a team they know is not likely to be anywhere near its best, even if the mainstream sports media is clueless toward the terrain.

We were athletic and eager last night. Athletes all over the field. Roster logically destined to improve. Even the supposed weak link like Feagles dominated his matchup with the opposing punter.

Wisconsin owned the superior offensive design. The Badgers seamlessly shifted between snaps from center and shotgun. Never frantically looking around wondering what to do. Power runs blended with sophisticated route trees. Versatile use of the pro style tight end. They even used sporadic snaps from empty formation, which is not ideal for a quarterback of that caliber but they were doing it in favorable down and distance instead of forcing it on third and long.

As a Canes fan I shouldn't be envious of a Wisconsin offensive approach. But it was impossible not to be there last night. Their offensive style enables the Badgers to play beyond their ability level. Meanwhile Richt obviously became mesmerized by the RPO during his final years at Georgia and was determined to abuse it once he got his hands on the play calling again. I don't like it. Too much pressure on one kid to make perfect split second decisions and execution. It's rare to have fleet feet along with ideal timing and touch.

Oh yeah, the uniforms absolutely sucked. That defeat was deserved by those uniforms. Every time I saw the red-clad celebrating Wisconsin fans in the stands I was thinking how confident they looked in their traditional garb, while the pathetic Canes were scrambling to pretend they needed an artificial boost with some type of gimmick uniforms.

That uniform choice alone showed how far away we are, and how beholden we are to fear.

I am not impressed with a comparison to 2009 Alabama. Anybody can find the most favorable outlier available. That has been a weak tendency on this forum in general. The reason I use stuff like passing defense and rushing attempts is because it holds true much more often than not. Steal a vital few percent in one category after another and we have a chance to find that elite tier again. If we betray the foundational aspects and think we can be our own example then we're destined to remain near the current level.

We couldn’t RUN consistently because teams began focusing on stopping the run as the season went along and they noticed how inaccurate our starting QB was. There is nothing more Richt could have done this year, he got all he could from Rosier but an accurate passer(Perry or Williams) will fix that next year. Years of bad recruiting by Corchs Radio and that other guy( refuse to say his name)I understand your Nostalgia for the classic uni’s but the team chose those and last time I checked uni’s don’t win ball games. Wisconsin was the Veteran ball club that made the difference because we obviously got more speed and talent( except at QB and OL.)
What’s more demoralizing for impressionable kids is having a QB that can’t do his **** Job. The defense bailed him out plenty throughout the season but once our opponents figured out the formula to beat us was to stop the run and dared Rosier to beat them it was over.

Last edited:
We have some goofy fans. "The sky is falling, we're doomed." No doubt you lead miserable everyday lives.

We did not have the personnel to run the ball down teams throats like a Wisconsin or Georgia. What part of that do you not understand? That should not be Miami's Offensive philosophy going forward with the talent we're going to have at the skill positions and Quarterback.

As I stated on the recruiting board...

We had an NFL quality senior fullback gifted to us...we had two NFL quality TEs last year...we had a junior pocket passer QB and a stable of backs including healthy Walton, Edwards, Yearby, and Homer...and Richt STILL didn't run the football.

So, not sure what "personnel" matters here...its not a personnel issue, its a philosophy issue.

"Personnel" = OL. You can't make up for a poor run blocking OL with 3 TE and a FB. We just don't have the line to run right at teams, and it's not even debatable. The only times all year we've been able to do it are when the other team's given up.

Yes good teams run the ball a lot, but you can't magically be a good team by running more. You have to have the OL and RB to do it and we've only got half that equation right now.

I totally agree with you kryptonite and if Rosier was accurate it would have kept the defense’s honest and not loading the box to stop the run.

Advertisement
To further elaborate on the running game issue...

There's zero proof that a TE/FB set provides a better running game. Matter of fact, many of the top rushing teams in the country are spread. Alabama runs the ball better (now) out of the spread than they did when they were utilizing power sets.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...dy-alabama-learned-stop-worrying-love-spread/

Alabama is on pace to set school records for yards and points per game, in a scheme tailor-made for its precocious headliner’s talents.

With Hurts at the controls, an attack that lost a Heisman Trophy-winning tailback has increased its per-game output on the ground by more than 30 percent on roughly the same number of carries, mostly through big plays — through eight games, the Tide have as many runs covering 20 yards (23) and 30 yards (13) as they did last year in 15 games.

Two-thirds of the way through the regular season, whatever questions there were about the capacity of the offense to adapt to a scrambly freshman, or vice-versa, have been put to bed; the 2016 edition has looked as consistent as any offense in the Saban era, and on the ground, at least, has been considerably more explosive. As it enters the November stretch with yet another championship in its sights, the most pressing now is, can it be stopped?

GOING ALL THE WAY.
To be perfectly clear: This isn’t a case of an offense sprinkling a handful of spread concepts into an otherwise traditional playbook. Even the stodgiest schemes these days dabble in the shotgun and three-receiver looks, and Alabama took that kind of half-measure approach for years, long before Kiffin came along to accelerate the process. But this is the first year they’ve taken the plunge, committing themselves from the outset to a full-time spread system.

Just a few years ago, of course, Bama fans relished mocking spread offenses as foreign, gimmicky, and soft. As I pointed out the last time I wrote about Alabama’s offense, though, the kind of stuff that was once considered an exotic sideshow — no-huddle tempo, four-receiver sets, run/pass options, a constant array of pre-snap motion into and out of the backfield — is now the base offense. For a snapshot, just look at the past three games, all against conference opponents ranked (at the time) 16th or higher in the AP poll:

With few exceptions, the Tide have operated exclusively from shotgun and pistol looks, and almost exclusively with three wide receivers. About a third of the time they go four-wide (the fourth receiver is usually tight end/H-back O.J. Howard, who’s more than athletic enough to challenge opposing secondaries from the slot) or empty the backfield entirely; the zone read has emerged as such an every-down staple that they often run it several plays in a row.

On a whiteboard, this looks a lot more like what Auburn or Clemson was doing five years ago than what Alabama was doing, and if Saban remains more reluctant to push the pace than some of the more enthusiastic hurry-up/no-huddle evangelists, the fact that Alabama has embraced the “no-huddle” half of that equation means the “hurry-up” part is always an option. And Bama does a little bit of that, too.

None of which, for the record, is meant to suggest in any way that Bama is suddenly a “finesse” team. The soft/gimmicky label was always a dumb trope when it was leveled against the Oregons of the world, and in Alabama’s case it would be even more off the mark.

To the contrary: The Tide are still run-heavy — they’re keeping it on the ground a little more than 60 percent of the time, more often than any other SEC offenses except Auburn and Kentucky (!) — and the spread-to-run approach offers obvious advantages to a blue-chip lineup that figures to win the majority of one-on-one matchups. In certain ways it allows Alabama to do what it’s always done even better.

That article just shows how much innovation we lack on offense too.
We don't utilize any of those concepts. (other than zone/read)

We just like to line-up in spread, we don't really know what we're doing out of it.

Translation is that we got out coached AGAIN

Not sure why you are getting down voted.

D$ says it in his post. Chryst offense outschemed Diaz and ours didn’t do the same.

We need to get better in all 3 phases. STs coaching is horrific.

What he said is that we have some glaring weaknesses that opponents have been able to exploit. We're bad enough at a few positions that coaching can't mask it. Not Richt's fault at this point, we just need better guys.

And we don’t exploit other teams glaring weaknesses.

People can’t have it both ways. Couldn’t compete with Clemson bc they recruit better then us. Can’t beat Pitt and WI, why? We recruit better then them.

We kinda did tho. We exploited the right side of their Oline and we exploited their secondary. Problem is that the RT held and got away with it all game, and whenever a DB got toasted he would just grab or tackle our WR, sometimes getting flagged, other times not.

Not a Corey Gaynor fan. He doesn't have the footwork of a quality P5 starting OL and never will. The stuff he did in HS - ragdolling smaller defenders with blatant holds to rack up his "pancake" count - isn't gonna translate to this level. That one snap when he was in for Darling was a total backbreaking drivekiller.

Advertisement

1. We out-rushed Wisconsin last night. Wisky has only given up 98 yards rushing per game on the season. We gained 174 yards at 6.0 a pop. They've been averaging 222 yards per game at about 5 yards per carry. Against us they had 142 for 3.2 YPC. So who bullied who?

2. The main reason we out-rushed Wisconsin is because we run the ball out of the spread. We spread their slow defenders out and make them cover more ground. If we had lined up in the I-formation or with double TE's we would've invited those big country strong MF's into the box, which plays right into their hand.

3. That bully mindset is a bunch of rah-rah tough guy BS. It's about winning football games. You do what is best for you to win. Lining up in power sets does not give Miami their best advantage. Miami's advantage is speed not power. If our QB isn't a degenerate then we blow teams like Wisconsin out of the water with our speed. We got behind their secondary several times. Our speed at WR scares people. It's unique to what most teams in the country have. There is nothing scary or unique about Miami's "power" or strength.

4. Miami's talent base is NOT prime to run big boy football. I don't even know how you come to that conclusion. Every high school team in South FLA is spread. These kids do 7-on-7 work weekly. Our local WR's attend camps every Sunday where they practice technique and go up against the top DB's from the area.
NOTHING about South Florida is bully football. It's high flying "catch me if you can" football.

5. It's hard to run the ball 45 times per game when your defense gives up 21 points in the 2nd quarter and you're playing from behind.

1. Miami ran 9 times for 97 yards and two touchdowns in the first quarter...we were ROLLING. Van Ginkel gets the INT and Miami's VERY NEXT DRIVE. Rosier sack, incomplete, completion short of the stinks, punt. Wisconsin scores. Next drive. Run, Incomplete, Sack, Punt. Wisconsin scores, end of the half. I have no idea what point you are trying to make, but one of the reasons we got down in the first place, in such a hurry, is we abandon the run. So, who bullied who? Quarters 2 through 4? Clearly Wisconsin. You all look at **** like ypc as if that matters. ypc is a metric that doesn't matter. Attempts and TOP matter. Ripping off some longer runs out of the spread between the 20s that doesn't yield points after the first quarter isn't exactly "bullying" anyone, nor is it controlling the game. Wisconsin clearly did...even at 3ypc.

2. 129 of our rush yardage came on 7 carries (runs of 10 or more)...43 of those yards (on 3 carries) came after the first quarter. Why were we able to outrun Wisconsin? Because when we actually focused on it...we succeeded (in the first quarter) and those rushes came in limited carries on big chunks. That isn't bullying anyone, which is ultimately the point Dooger made to DMoney...those runs (especially after Q1) were empty runs. When we stopped making it a focus of the offense and asked Rosier (who Richt doesn't trust anyway, so I never quite 'got' this aspect of our team to constantly abandon the run) to do things, well, we got done quickly and struggled to come back.

What formation is really kind of pointless to the discussion anyway, because nationally, run attempts come from all sorts of offenses...whether its Georgia Tech or Army, Georgia or Wisconsin, USF or FAU, Alabama, LSU, or Clemson. Tons of different styles of offense...but they get there.

3. Miami hasn't lined up in power sets, specifically...not in the past 15 years...and well...we've stunk. Meanwhile, look at what wins football games, who is in the championships, who is in the playoffs. Teams with a concerted effort to run the football and limit the pass. You can talk until you're blue in the face about that not being what Miami has available or can do, but that is what they need to do. Once again, look at Georgia.

4. As mentioned in a few threads yesterday. Last year, Miami had a NFL draft pick at fullback, two NFL prospects at TE, a large stable of running backs with varying degrees of pro potential. Just because Miami has access to a ton of speed players, doesn't mean they don't have access to players that can fit what wins in college football today. They need to go out and acquire a few OOS offensive linemen, but the notion that Miami needs to play exactly what is available to them and not try and mold them is silly. Miami gets players to play this style of ball. They had it as recently as last year and have just recruited a class of players to fill the roles. So, please stop with the notion that Miami can not play this style of football. They most certain can, but they do not. Look at Miami's rush attempts over THREE DIFFERENT COACHES. None so far have had real success here. None of them run in an era that demands you run the football. Go figure...we've stunk.

5. This is the difference between good teams and not as good teams. Wisconsin got down 14-3, yet, did not abandon the run. We get down, and abandon the run. We lost. So, how exactly are you justifying your take here? Once Wisconsin got down 14-3...what did they do...next three drives...TWELVE (12) rush attempts.

Georgia's running game has been up and down the past 10 years or so. They're tearing it up this season but last year they were so-so. Some years they're in the top of the SEC and some years they're in the middle. Their 2014 rushing offense under Richt was just as good as their current one.
Some years they run the ball 45 times per game, some years 35 times per game.
I'm guessing this all depends on their personnel.

Richt's teams at UGA have shown the willingness to pound the rock.

If he starts getting away from that philosophy then I can only assume it's because he doesn't think that we have the personnel for it. (and I would agree)

A lot of people don't understand that just because something works at one school doesn't mean it'll work at another.

Richt's tenure at Georgia is very long and covers two different eras really, of football. Early on, attempts were less important (still important, just less so) then the modern era. He also had varying say in the offense. More early with Neil Callaway, less so with Mike Bobo. Very inconsistent year-to-year (some years good, many years average, some years really bad - like this year)...but Richt consistently underperformed to his talent, so make of that what you will. All I see, is Kirby Smart took Mark Richt's talent, and in two years turned into a playoff caliber team doing exactly what Richt never was quite able to do...run the football at this volume with this success.

The Big Ten does not lack speed. Florida teams do not lack power. The identity may be different but the myths perpetuated by the fan bases and announcers/analysts are humorous.

Advertisement
Don't care about the defense.

Rosier killed everything wit that INT. We were rolling, Hornibrook was struggling. Everything changed after that

still not getting are you.. That was a no readquick screen. Just like almost ever pass route, you throw the ball with the anticipation that the reciever is going to run the correct route. If he doesn't, the ball is intercepted, just like when the left tackle doesn't make the pancake block, the ball gets intercepted. Did it change everything after that, nope.. the fact we couldn't stop their 3rd down conversions took care of that. Games are won all the time with multiple interceptions, it's all about how you handle it. Richt and Diaz folded...............

Good post, but for one exception I regard to teams being at their best. If we meet when both are at their best it’s a 50/50 bet.

B10 is currently 7-0 in Bowl games this bowl season.

With Michigan up 9-3 in South Carolina.

The Big Ten does not lack speed. Florida teams do not lack power. The identity may be different but the myths perpetuated by the fan bases and announcers/analysts are humorous.

Well cause they're not myths.
Generally speaking there is more speed down here. (depth wise)

And up north they breed bigger/stronger players.

If it was a myth then Big-10 teams wouldn't recruit the Southeast for skill players.
And a **** college coach AT WISCONSIN told me that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back