Some people are forgetting that Manny Diaz is still head coach

Advertisement
Yes, it actually does (assuming we make Charlotte). Maybe you forget that we had just as easy of a schedule last year and finished sub .500. Maybe you forget that pretty much this same roster managed to lose to FIU, Duke and LaTech to end the season. Look, bro, I'd love to be the Miami goliath of times past as well. But we aren't that and haven't been in some time. If you think spouting all this nonsense somehow makes you a better fan, you're wrong. It doesn't. And if you think a realistic goal for this 2020 Miami team is to run the table, you've lost your mind.

Sadly, Miami football just hit an all time low and we're at a point of needing baby steps right now. That's just a fact, whether you want to accept it or not. And the first baby step is to win the Coastal. But the title you chose for this thread reveals that you're not interested in realistic goals. You're solely interested in Manny Diaz failing.

So a 9-5 season would be a success to you.

So, what about a 7-7 season? That would involve winning the Coastal. And it would be an improvement over 2018, albeit by only half a game. (Same amount of losses, one more win.)

And if you don’t think winning the Coastal at 7-7 is a possibility, well, that’s exactly what Pitt did in 2018.

So, exactly how low are your standards for Canes football?

So, exactly how low are your standards for Canes football?
I just don't get it, this quote above. Are you trying to flex Superfan muscles on me or something? I've been a die hard Cane fan since you were probably in diapers. My expectation for the University of Miami football program is to be one of the best in the nation and compete for titles. But that ain't happening in 2020. Right now, we need to win the Coastal. Period. The next step is win the ACC. THEN we can start talking playoffs and titles.

I just don't get it. Are you trying to flex Superfan muscles on me or something? I've been a die hard Cane fan since you were probably in diapers. My expectations for the University of Miami football program are to be one of the best in the nation and compete for titles. But that ain't happening in 2020. Right now, we need to win the Coastal. Period. The next step is win the ACC. THEN we can start talking playoffs and titles.

In your previous post, you outright said that a 9-5 season would be a success, and you implied that a 7-7 season would be a success as well.

Your standards do not seem to be being a top level program.

Advertisement
In your previous post, you outright said that a 9-5 season would be a success, and you implied that a 7-7 season would be a success as well.

Your standards do not seem to be being a top level program.
*sigh* I said our success is getting to Charlotte this year. Period. That's my goal for this team. I'm not basing my goal on a win number. You are the one making ridiculous statements, such as saying a 10-2 season with a coastal title would be a failure this year. What?!?!

It's impossible to know if what we saw last year was a sign of things to come, or simply a new head coach trying to find his way. For that reason, I am all for another year. IF we see more of the same BS, I'd bet he's fired before the season ends. If things improve, then we should all be happy.

I just won't get excited over any talk this offseason, or any offseason. Last year did it for me. Show me, don't tell me.
I've been scrolling down this thread and this is the only intelligent reply to the OP. Sorry guys but everybody else is jumping on the OP neck without discussing what he really said. He maybe a troll, I don't know but the message is we don't know what the next season will look like. Whether those changes will result in big improvement in team performance or not remains to be seen.

Last edited:
So rather than being like Golden and Richt, he’s like Shannon.

Horray!

i don't think Manny is the next coach of the year or anything, all i said is he is making the moves everyone wanted, some of you will NEVER be happy, he could hire Nick Sabin as D-cordninator and Urban Meyer as O-Cordinator and your cry baby *** would still be crying

Advertisement
The team will suck as long as Manny’s the HC.

I’m getting sick of how people are acting like things will turn around because of these new position coaches and analysts being hired.

Manny Diaz is a symptom of a much larger problem. Manny Diaz was not Head Coach for the last 15 years.

I’m getting sick of how people are acting like things will turn around because of these new position coaches and analysts being hired.
Correct. Don't worry a 6-6 record for 2020 will show the delusional fans Manny was a terrible hire.

Correct. Don't worry a 6-6 record for 2020 will show the delusional fans Manny was a terrible hire.
Lol...The "Double-digit Post Posse" are in each other's troll posts like:

Advertisement
It’s pretty much a given that the FG kicker will be better. But that’s only because of a regression to the mean. It’s almost impossible for our FG kicking to again be as bad as it was last year.

Not at all sold on the offense being better.

Even if the offense improves, and gets us to a 4 loss season, who cares?
Go root for another team you miserable scrub. Who cares? We care hence why we’re on a forum discussing the Canes and the changes that Manny did implement. By your conclusion it’s 15-0 or bust. What a douche

Advertisement
A248D1F5-4ADD-416C-9116-225B738F3DF2.gif

Our OC has had offenses that rank below 100 in FPI in 2 of his 3 years as OC.

And the only FBS coach who was willing to hire our OL coach before was a HS coach who UNLV hired.

Plus, I think Manny would flop regardless of who he hires.
Love the "banned" under your name!

Two months ago everyone wanted this man dead. He made a few changes and now everyone is saying how is one of the best college coaches. The same thing happens every single year. Everyone always says “12-0”, “acc champions” , “we can compete with Bama” but we just get our hearts broken every year

Advertisement
Back