Some people are forgetting that Manny Diaz is still head coach

23p1.jpg

Advertisement
STFU OP and don't watch. and when we win 10-12 games next season don't watch. in fact find a new team because only a moron rights off a coach after his first year EVER coaching . Diaz is building something special .

The team will suck as long as Manny’s the HC.

I’m getting sick of how people are acting like things will turn around because of these new position coaches and analysts being hired.
That is your opinion that is yet to be proved out. Of course opinions are like ********, everyone has one

Us winning 10 games and going to Charlotte this year is a "bad season" to you? WTF! You are aware we finished sub .500 last year, right?

Give me seasons like 2017 over anything the past decade and a half.. at least that year we were relevant and had a punchers chance at a championship. Start 10-0 and whatever happens after that happens.

Advertisement
Everyone deserves a second chance. 2020 is Manny's. Expecting him to fail is reasonable, wishing for it just so you can be right isn't. I don't expect him to be the next Jimmy Johnson, but I'll be overjoyed if he is.

This is why I am not an Athletic Director. I would have fired Diaz this year and it would have been the wrong move. Am still in shock that he was able to keep the class together, let alone recruit the second best QB in the country, add an elite DE, kicker and three other elite recruits.

Advertisement
This is why I am not an Athletic Director. I would have fired Diaz this year and it would have been the wrong move. Am still in shock that he was able to keep the class together, let alone recruit the second best QB in the country, add an elite DE, kicker and three other elite recruits.
You also would have been trying to bankrupt the athletic dept. You don't fire a HC after only one year.

Give me seasons like 2017 over anything the past decade and a half.. at least that year we were relevant and had a punchers chance at a championship. Start 10-0 and whatever happens after that happens.

TBH, the 2017 team was objectively worse than the 2004 and 2005 teams, and it’s not even close. People just perceive the 2017 season as better because the standards were so low by then.

And how did we have a puncher’s chance at a NC in 2017? We probably came about 15 plays away from beating Clemson. And even if we had won that game, I’m not sure we would have made the playoffs. We were only 7th or 8th in the playoff rankings coming into that game-we would have had to vault over quite a few teams.

The 2017 team was objectively worse than the 2004, 2005 and even 2016 teams. And the 2017 team was about the same as the 2009 team. Seasons should be judged by more than reaching the ACC title game, or getting “double digit” wins.

Last edited:
TBH, the 2017 team was objectively worse than the 2004 and 2005 teams, and it’s not even close. People just perceive the 2017 season as better because the standards were so low by then.

And how did we have a puncher’s chance at a NC in 2017? We probably came about 15 plays away from beating Clemson. And even if we had won that game, I’m not sure we would have made the playoffs. We were only 7th or 8th in the playoff rankings coming into that game-we would have had to vault over quite a few teams.

The 2017 team was objectively worse than the 2004, 2005 and even 2016 teams. And the 2017 team was about the same as the 2009 team. Seasons should be judged by more than reaching the ACC title game, or getting “double digit” wins.

If you're 10-0 in CFB you have a punchers chance at a championship..

Advertisement
If you're 10-0 in CFB you have a punchers chance at a championship..

I’d be curious to have seen what our NC odds were in Vegas when we were 10-0. Probably no better than 20/1. Not sure that’s really a “puncher’s chance”, especially when that’s your peak odds for the year. (And they go down pretty precipitously when you lose to a 4-7 team the next week.)

I’d be curious to have seen what our NC odds were in Vegas when we were 10-0. Probably no better than 20/1. Not sure that’s really a “puncher’s chance”, especially when that’s your peak odds for the year. (And they go down pretty precipitously when you lose to a 4-7 team the next week.)
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Advertisement

Maybe the issue is that you do not have a clear understanding of what the phrase "Punchers Chance" mean

Advertisement
Back