Some people are forgetting that Manny Diaz is still head coach

Then saying **** like "10 wins is a total failure". You're so hellbent on being negative that anything short of a perfect season and you'll gloat about how right you were that the coaches suck.

What a ****** way to live your life. I'm so glad I'm not miserable enough to hope my "favorite" team loses.

Advertisement
Exactly. And that's why you can't make statements like "history says he will fail". What history? UM history? There's been plenty of successful coaches here. Manny's coaching history? He's generally had success everywhere he's coached. And when he's made mistakes, he's gone back to the drawing board, made adjustments and changed what wasn't working. It's entirely possible that he bombs and gets fired but you can't make an argument for him failing based on "feelings".

Most guys fail as a head coach. Andy Reid just won his first super bowl. That should show people how hard it is. No one is happy about last year, but its not worth bit ching about it in every thread.

Then saying **** like "10 wins is a total failure". You're so hellbent on being negative that anything short of a perfect season and you'll gloat about how right you were that the coaches suck.

What a ****** way to live your life. I'm so glad I'm not miserable enough to hope my "favorite" team loses.
We need more posters who think like you.

The team will suck as long as Manny’s the HC.

I’m getting sick of how people are acting like things will turn around because of these new position coaches and analysts being hired.

and some UF trolls forget they are posting on a Canes board...

Advertisement
The offense and fg kicker will be better.

It’s pretty much a given that the FG kicker will be better. But that’s only because of a regression to the mean. It’s almost impossible for our FG kicking to again be as bad as it was last year.

Not at all sold on the offense being better.

Even if the offense improves, and gets us to a 4 loss season, who cares?

We need more posters who think like you.
I think most level headed people feel the same. There's always a small group of people yelling the loudest who make it seem otherwise.

Don't get me wrong. Last year's crap was unacceptable but I'm not going to be miserable about it. The day I expect the team to suck is the day I stop going to games and paying attention.

Advertisement
The real trolls are the doofuses who think that Manny’s staff changes are meaningful and will lead to drastic improvement.

I hear ya brother, the danger is good enough, but not great. 9 wins and Blake and Manny go no where.

The most logical thought process is yo hope Manny some how figures out how to be great. Otherwise your looking at a lot of 8,9,10 win seasins. Which would be good enough for the powers that be.

It’s pretty much a given that the FG kicker will be better. But that’s only because of a regression to the mean. It’s almost impossible for our FG kicking to again be as bad as it was last year.

Not at all sold on the offense being better.

Even if the offense improves, and gets us to a 4 loss season, who cares?

Definitely a troll .. or .. one of the more ignorant posters on any sports blog. Not sold on the offense being better .. based on what metric? UM lost the majority of games in 2019 by ONE TD .. with a horrible OC, horrible or non existent game planning, horrible play calling, and a group of QB's that didn't bother to do something as basic as PREPARE for FIU, Ga Tech, La Tech.

Substitute a legit OC, legit OL Coach, dramatic upgrade in WR coach, King at the QB slot, and the 2020 record should be a 10 win or better regular season. You may hate (or as a troll make the statement) Manny .. but Manny Diaz isn't stupid. He has done a remarkable job of reconfiguring his offensive coaching staff, pulled in an excellent recruiting class (given the 2019 record), and managed to get one of the most sought after QB's out of the portal .. a guy with a skill set tailor made for the Lashlee offense. Deny those facts and you have to be a troll.

Advertisement
93C2F40B-F12E-4D49-A8BE-183814DBA816.gif

Definitely a troll .. or .. one of the more ignorant posters on any sports blog. Not sold on the offense being better .. based on what metric? UM lost the majority of games in 2019 by ONE TD .. with a horrible OC, horrible or non existent game planning, horrible play calling, and a group of QB's that didn't bother to do something as basic as PREPARE for FIU, Ga Tech, La Tech.

Substitute a legit OC, legit OL Coach, dramatic upgrade in WR coach, King at the QB slot, and the 2020 record should be a 10 win or better regular season. You may hate (or as a troll make the statement) Manny .. but Manny Diaz isn't stupid. He has done a remarkable job of reconfiguring his offensive coaching staff, pulled in an excellent recruiting class (given the 2019 record), and managed to get one of the most sought after QB's out of the portal .. a guy with a skill set tailor made for the Lashlee offense. Deny those facts and you have to be a troll.

Our OC has had offenses that rank below 100 in FPI in 2 of his 3 years as OC.

And the only FBS coach who was willing to hire our OL coach before was a HS coach who UNLV hired.

Plus, I think Manny would flop regardless of who he hires.

Advertisement
The team will suck as long as Manny’s the HC.

I’m getting sick of how people are acting like things will turn around because of these new position coaches and analysts being hired.
All you guys who agreed with this *** wipe have outed yourselves......

All you guys who agreed with this *** wipe have outed yourselves......

Nope. It’s the slurpers who are outing themselves now.

Granted that come our opening loss to Temple, they’ll deny ever having been slurpers in the first place. Then they’ll be right back to slurping after he beats Wagner in the next game.

Advertisement
Back