Some of you need to stick to your day jobs

It's fairly obvious going through posts from last night/this morning that aside from some of more knowledgable posters (LuCane, Roman, D$, etc.) that the majority of you need to get a grip when it comes to managing expectations.

We lost to FIU, Duke, GT and La Tech less than a year ago and some of you were just expecting us to come in and treat UAB like they were Bethune Cookman. The team we played last night has won 20 games the past two seasons, was 9th in total D a year ago and allowed 107 yards on the ground (3.2 per carry). With an O-Line that couldn't get push against anyone, we ran for well over 300 yards last night. That's a really good defensive team we played and we still managed to impose our will despite being extremely intentional with our gameplan.

Still have questions at a lot of spots, especially on defense, but I think many of you need to recalibrate your expectations in light of the the disaster that was last season.
Touche'

Advertisement
If people can’t see how far we have come over the offseason l, I don’t know what to tell you.

This game had disaster written all over it. Imagine if we lost after the way we ended last season. UAB is better than La Tech and FIU. Maybe even Duke.

We were controlled and composed the entire game. The guys played hard. Mistakes were made but that’s expected. No one panicked after UAB scored of the fumble.

This team is different. Just look at the penalties. My only concern is number 2 corner, Baker’s late blitzing, and our commitment to the short passing game.

I think pounding the run was as much about creating a tougher mindset for this team. When we needed points, Lashlee called plays that marched us into the end zone.

We need to improve, but I am happy with the way we handled a sneaky tough opponent given the circumstance of the last 11 months.
We were rope for another upset and we didn't fall into the trap. Played well. Thay had one fluke td. We improved in discipline. Everything that occurred on Thursday are building blocks for our fitire.

Advertisement
Back