Some of you need to stick to your day jobs

ATXCane86

Banned
Banned
It's fairly obvious going through posts from last night/this morning that aside from some of more knowledgable posters (LuCane, Roman, D$, etc.) that the majority of you need to get a grip when it comes to managing expectations.

We lost to FIU, Duke, GT and La Tech less than a year ago and some of you were just expecting us to come in and treat UAB like they were Bethune Cookman. The team we played last night has won 20 games the past two seasons, was 9th in total D a year ago and allowed 107 yards on the ground (3.2 per carry). With an O-Line that couldn't get push against anyone, we ran for well over 300 yards last night. That's a really good defensive team we played and we still managed to impose our will despite being extremely intentional with our gameplan.

Still have questions at a lot of spots, especially on defense, but I think many of you need to recalibrate your expectations in light of the the disaster that was last season.

Advertisement
lol everyone hate the bashful, old UM fan.

my pop is that guy! "Oh we suck again!".... come on dad :'( lol

It's fairly obvious going through posts from last night/this morning that aside from some of more knowledgable posters (LuCane, Roman, D$, etc.) that the majority of you need to get a grip when it comes to managing expectations.

We lost to FIU, Duke, GT and La Tech less than a year ago and some of you were just expecting us to come in and treat UAB like they were Bethune Cookman. The team we played last night has won 20 games the past two seasons, was 9th in total D a year ago and allowed 107 yards on the ground (3.2 per carry). With an O-Line that couldn't get push against anyone, we ran for well over 300 yards last night. That's a really good defensive team we played and we still managed to impose our will despite being extremely intentional with our gameplan.

Still have questions at a lot of spots, especially on defense, but I think many of you need to recalibrate your expectations in light of the the disaster that was last season.

SbRGaIw.gif

Advertisement

Never thought I would see the day where someone cites an Group of 5 team‘s rush defense ranking, claiming they were “good,” for an argument without context of their weak conference and their games against power 5 teams. They were curb stomped by the best team in their weak conference, FAU, who ran for 286 rushing yards, and then Tennessee, an SEC bottom feeder, ran for over 120 yards.

Mopes gonna mope.

CIS: You can't judge us based on last year's performance, we changed a lot and this season has had complications.
Also CIS: We should have done better, FAU beat them by 43 last year.

Never thought I would see the day where someone cites an Group of 5 team‘s rush defense ranking, claiming they were “good,” for an argument without context of their weak conference and their games against power 5 teams. They were curb stomped by the best team in their weak conference, FAU, who ran for 286 rushing yards, and then Tennessee, an SEC bottom feeder, ran for over 120 yards.
Uh, yes, stats from a Group of 5 team are relevant.

Advertisement
A lot of positives that we saw.
Yes they’re was a lot of mope we suck again and this staff is a joke talk.
But it’s also not all sunshine and rainbows either.
There are things on both sides of the ball that a more talented team could’ve exploited.
But even if the score was 42-10 people on here would complain.

You must be one of da people he talking about! That was last year my guy! New year, new team!

Advertisement
I really believe some of these people who've pushed the overexpectations for months did it so they could better enjoy their meltdowns when they weren't met. These are the same turds who went around smearing voices of reason and caution, saying they were scared in some way. Scared? How much courage does it take to predict something and then have a hissyfit when it doesn't happen to perfection.

Advertisement
Nah, I am just objective. Glad everyone else has a crystal ball. Last year most definitely impacts this year. How much? The story is being written.
Don't agree if that's the case we should've lost last night! (If last year affects this year) mentally we're a stronger team because we believe in our qb and king is a leader. That alone will give us an extra 2 or 3 wins!

I really believe some of these people who've pushed the overexpectations for months did it so they could better enjoy their meltdowns when they weren't met. These are the same turds who went around smearing voices of reason and caution, saying they were scared in some way. Scared? How much courage does it take to predict something and then have a hissyfit when it doesn't happen to perfection.
Score is irrelevant this early except for scoring more than your opponent to win the game, it’s execution and gameday management from the coaches that are still an issue.

The way the offense came out was very disappointing to me. Right off the bat, I expected them to come out a score three straight touchdowns in the first quarter. But they only were able to score 14 in the first half. The offense, expecally o-line and wrs, looked lackadaisical and were not motivated. They scored over half of their points when UAB was tired late in the game.

Advertisement
Back