Some of you need to stick to your day jobs

We not winning a title this year, but can we improve from a year ago? Can we use this season to build the program back up...get recruits excited about the U again....I think that's what this year is about...Manny proving he belongs as the head man at the U....win 8/9 games

Advertisement
It's fairly obvious going through posts from last night/this morning that aside from some of more knowledgable posters (LuCane, Roman, D$, etc.) that the majority of you need to get a grip when it comes to managing expectations.

We lost to FIU, Duke, GT and La Tech less than a year ago and some of you were just expecting us to come in and treat UAB like they were Bethune Cookman. The team we played last night has won 20 games the past two seasons, was 9th in total D a year ago and allowed 107 yards on the ground (3.2 per carry). With an O-Line that couldn't get push against anyone, we ran for well over 300 yards last night. That's a really good defensive team we played and we still managed to impose our will despite being extremely intentional with our gameplan.

Still have questions at a lot of spots, especially on defense, but I think many of you need to recalibrate your expectations in light of the the disaster that was last season.
Well fn said!

I hope you understand football more than reading comprehension. I am not propping up UAB, I was questioning you attacking stats, then you know.... using stats to provide support for your argument.

I was partly agreeing with you saying the team (meaning UM) did not live up to my expectations.
Cool

Advertisement
If anyone thought we was going to come out firing on all cylinders after the weird and crazy offseason is off their rocker.

How does this make me a troll. If you think my comment was bad, go look at the people complaining in the game day discussion. People were already calling for Mannys head and comparing Lashlee to Enos. I was just disappointed we didn't come out stronger on offence. Thats all lol
It sure does chump. You're a trash troll..

Advertisement
All of a sudden coaching a public hs is equal to Don Shula status...
I think what coach macho does is amazing, don’t get me wrong. And the fact that he isn’t paid very much, like not a lot st all to coach further shows the amazingness of what he’s doing. It’s truly all about the kids

however we’re not in GA, TX or one of those states where the coaches do nothing but coach and pull down dollars to live

Man, you are so right! im ready f4 a new qb room without tate and perry! But just think about this theoretically we could have perry f4 2 more years....yikes!!!
If TVD was out for those few weeks, I think he would have been number two on the depth chart.

There are legit complaints from our fans about our team. I feel like today we are going to see some bad football being played from teams people think are very good and our fanbase will realize we are not as bad as it seems.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Aye! This!

Pups don't recall that even with our best NC teams - we were FAR from dominating lesser teams every time we played - and we came from behind in so many second halfs - it was so damned frustrating.

UAB - those boys were tough, mature, hungry, and skilled.

I actually feel much better about our upcoming season after this game.

We'll make some adjustments - we'll finesse some of our shortcomings - and we have a football team!
If people can’t see how far we have come over the offseason l, I don’t know what to tell you.

This game had disaster written all over it. Imagine if we lost after the way we ended last season. UAB is better than La Tech and FIU. Maybe even Duke.

We were controlled and composed the entire game. The guys played hard. Mistakes were made but that’s expected. No one panicked after UAB scored of the fumble.

This team is different. Just look at the penalties. My only concern is number 2 corner, Baker’s late blitzing, and our commitment to the short passing game.

I think pounding the run was as much about creating a tougher mindset for this team. When we needed points, Lashlee called plays that marched us into the end zone.

We need to improve, but I am happy with the way we handled a sneaky tough opponent given the circumstance of the last 11 months.

Citing that Tenn "ran for over 120 yards" doesn't support your argument. It is good support for saying UAB has a goood run defense.
No - the better argument would have been UAB giving up 250+ avg rushing yards in back to back games to end 2019

286 to FAU followed by 231 to App State.

Miami running for 300+ still surprised me.....and i'm stoked about that result game 1. It's an absolute plus and quite honestly should have been a lot more if King had kept any of those zone reads where his lane was wide open.

That game brought out equal parts good and bad. Lots left see this season. Buckle up!

This is exactly what OP is talking about. You set your own unrealistic expectations and then got upset when they weren't met. You didn't think a team who had one of the worst offenses in FBS last year who installed an entirely new offense and had no spring and limited fall practices might be a little rusty and have a few hiccups in the very first quarter of the very first game? The funny thing is, everyone here who knows what they're talking about predicted exactly what happened. Read any of the prediction threads. While some people were ranting about winning 60-0 most of the people in the know were predicting the offense to stumble a little at first but pull away later in the game. Which is pretty much what happened.

Also, scoring points because the other team is tired is exactly what a no huddle offense is supposed to do.
We didn’t score any points in the 4th quarter....

Advertisement
Back