Some of you need to stick to your day jobs

Advertisement
It's fairly obvious going through posts from last night/this morning that aside from some of more knowledgable posters (LuCane, Roman, D$, etc.) that the majority of you need to get a grip when it comes to managing expectations.

We lost to FIU, Duke, GT and La Tech less than a year ago and some of you were just expecting us to come in and treat UAB like they were Bethune Cookman. The team we played last night has won 20 games the past two seasons, was 9th in total D a year ago and allowed 107 yards on the ground (3.2 per carry). With an O-Line that couldn't get push against anyone, we ran for well over 300 yards last night. That's a really good defensive team we played and we still managed to impose our will despite being extremely intentional with our gameplan.

Still have questions at a lot of spots, especially on defense, but I think many of you need to recalibrate your expectations in light of the the disaster that was last season.
Sunshine pumpers acted they didn't hype up we got a new offense, QB BAH BAH BAH but now you want to lower those expectations

Duke LaTech or FIU would have beat us last night

Advertisement
Sorry If i beleived the hype of Lashlee/king and I expected our offense to be jacked up to play in a new system and would score a lot of points against a team that let up 35 to central Ark. I am not he only one who had high expectations. You should look at the comment section in the gameday discussion. People already compared Lashlee to Enos and was calling for his head
Those people are idiots. Central Arkansas scored 21 points off turnovers and then scored 14 points against UAB’s reserves in garbage time.

My expectations were met. Diaz is still who I think he was. We did NOT hang 60 points as half of CIS was claiming. Also...news flash, we will NOT more than 9 games this year.

Advertisement
huh? I felt the beginning of your post you were attacking his argument and the end of your post you supported it? You say FAU ran for 286 well we ran for over 330. Tennessee ran for 120, we almost tripled that, Tenn won 30-7, we won 31-14 and basically mailed it in with 8 min left in the 4th quarter. I'd say it was a curb stomp and route shortly after Cam's long TD run. Were my expectations high and not met? Yes. but your argument kind of collapsed on itself.
Again, you Folks propping up UAB don’t understand football.

Score is irrelevant this early except for scoring more than your opponent to win the game, it’s execution and gameday management from the coaches that are still an issue.
True, you would think it wouldn't be a problem because likens, lashlee and justice have oc Experience, i would expect diaz to tap into that experience. I think we see progress going into louisville, they may not stop us on offense, But they will score if we play def like yesterday!!

Advertisement
Sorry If i beleived the hype of Lashlee/king and I expected our offense to be jacked up to play in a new system and would score a lot of points against a team that let up 35 to central Ark. I am not he only one who had high expectations. You should look at the comment section in the gameday discussion. People already compared Lashlee to Enos and was calling for his head
I'm happy when we win. I'm tired of college football rankings and having to win with style points and the comparisons to who beat who by how much. Every week is different. The NFL has had wild card super bowl champions. They wouldn't have qualified for the College Football Playoff. Villanova and NC State wouldn't have qualified for the College Football Playoff, yet everyone remembers those upsets.

Enjoy winning the game.

100 percent. Pope scares me back there. Not to hate on the guy but he seems scared of contact. I have always noticed that about him
Correct, he doesn't like contact! But he got better as the game went on. Give him one more game agaisnt louisville because a mistake agaisnt them might cost us the game. Keep tutu and cunningham off da field......cuz ivey can't cover tutu shadow let alone him.

Advertisement
Those people are idiots. Central Arkansas scored 21 points off turnovers and then scored 14 points against UAB’s reserves in garbage time.
Reminds me of the narrative a few years ago that we struggled with FIU because we only beat them 31-14 I believe. It was 31-0 at the start of the 3rd quarter and they had like 35 yards of offense. They kept the starters in, we emptied the bench and they got a few garbage time scores.

Reminds me of the narrative a few years ago that we struggled with FIU because we only beat them 31-14 I believe. It was 31-0 at the start of the 3rd quarter and they had like 35 yards of offense. They kept the starters in, we emptied the bench and they got a few garbage time scores.
It’s what happens when people don’t actually watch games but just catch the score on the ESPN ticker. People would think the UAB/Central Arkansas game was close because the final score was fairly close but if you watched the game you would have known that UAB pulled away after a slow start and emptied their bench in the 4th.

Again, you Folks propping up UAB don’t understand football.
I hope you understand football more than reading comprehension. I am not propping up UAB, I was questioning you attacking stats, then you know.... using stats to provide support for your argument.

I was partly agreeing with you saying the team (meaning UM) did not live up to my expectations.

Advertisement
Back