Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes exactly

It’s got no meaning
isn't this whole Mario didn't use Herbert a little bit of revisionist history? who is responsible for a QB's rating, the coaches or the player? probably a little bit on the OC and maybe more on the other offensive players but definitely a good piece of of it is the QB. look at Herberts rating in his senior year. also Herbert has a huge arm...did he have receivers who could get behind the defense?

Advertisement
3rd & 2 with our o-line - you passing or running? If you're trying to establish a physical mindset you pound it in there (and probably punt). Don't tell me "having an attitude running the ball" can't handcuff TVD.
I do not know how good or bad our OL wil be this year. I would like to hear what the reports are in spring and in the fall.

Bringing up a hypothetical 3rd and 2 without knowing all the variables and the context of the situation is just a what if game I am not ready to play.
We can be a balanced physical team that runs the ball. We have the backs and we have a head coach and OL coach that can make us look decent against most of the teams on our schedule potentially.

Yep. It’s cool excuse to argue they lost on a fluke play at the last second to Auburn.

But that play shouldn’t have mattered, because they shouldn’t have scored so few points against Auburn.

The ****** offense scheme kept that game close, and put Auburn in that position to win it at the end.
You mean that Auburn defense whose DC we just hired?

Advertisement
He played 14 games that season. 10 of those 32 TDs came against Montana and Nevada. He only threw for 300 yards four times that whole season, two against those same teams.
Every body has big numbers vs lower level competition. That’s irrelevant.

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF
How did you get a hold of my selfie videos??

isn't this whole Mario didn't use Herbert a little bit of revisionist history? who is responsible for a QB's rating, the coaches or the player? probably a little bit on the OC and maybe more on the other offensive players but definitely a good piece of of it is the QB. look at Herberts rating in his senior year.

I also don’t really know anyone that was actually watching the games either

I’m not really sure how it all played out I think it’s just something to note

But then again that’s a boring take and doesn’t lead to pages and pages of debate about it

Advertisement
Lol nah, he just has a very specific way in which he wishes to approach it.

He wants to dominate the LOS & wear Defenses down with the run game.

He’s an OL at heart, those guys always want tough physical football.

UGA winning the Natty the way they did validates that philosophy, so that’s one of the models to follow now.
Need to have an all time defense to be able to back it up though.

Seems like even Saban made the transition away from the run heavy focus when he hired Joey Freshwater a few years ago and has been leaning into it even more since then

Advertisement
The one coach literally no one has suggested that we should be all over is Brian hartline. He’s by far the best receiver coach in the country and doesn’t call plays at osu. I know that’s his alma mater but give him a bump in pay and name him oc and we cooking imo. He did play in the nfl with the dolphins so I’m sure he likes the area
Would be interesting for sure

Need to have an all time defense to be able to back it up though.

Seems like even Saban made the transition away from the run heavy focus when he hired Joey Freshwater a few years ago and has been leaning into it even more since then
I think it’s why most of us have been eyeing the OC hire the closest from the beginning

I’m not against a offense that wants to run, especially with all the backs we’ve been able to recruit, but still I would think Mario has to understand the WR advantage we can have down here too

Advertisement
I think it’s why most of us have been eyeing the OC hire the closest from the beginning

I’m not against a offense that wants to run, especially with all the backs we’ve been able to recruit, but still I would think Mario has to understand the WR advantage we can have down here too
Yeah i was catching up from yesterday and have seen some people echoing similar sentiments since I hit respond.

Lol tough to keep up with 100 new pages every day 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back