Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If it’s a QB coach currently in the NFL then it has to be one of:

-Whipple (Cards assistant WR coach/former OC @ UMASS)
-Pep Hamilton (long extensive history QB coach/OC) was at Houston this year
-Nussmeier (Dallas QB coach and does have connection with Mario thru Bama in 2013)
-Brian Johnson (yack)
-Bevell (Jags OC/QB coach)
-*Joe Brady

Pep’s season has been over for weeks. Whipple’s season ended last Monday, success would be a huge question mark, could be jumping the gun or could be genius. Bevell and Johnson would be below average-slight vomit. The timing of this and the Bama connection highlights Nussmeier. Not sure how I feel about him. He’s got the resume but isnt too exciting either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can get on board with Spencer Whipple. It's not a terrible hire. But he's not in the same league as Dorsey and Brady in terms of experience, accomplishments, and overall resume. That's just a fact. Period.

Belk I like better because he's at least successfully coordinated a defense for one year and "co-coordinated" a defense for two years before that.

The bottom line is this: If we hire both Belk and Whipple, we're getting two dudes who are very green. Lots of upside, but also lots of downside. Low floor, high ceiling types and no one, and I mean literally no one, knows whether they'll sink or swim.

Why? Because neither of those coaches have a substantial track record we can evaluate. The simple, honest truth, is that we'll have to put our faith in Mario and hope he made the right hires. Anyone who tells you differently is either sunshine pumping or dooming.

Advertisement
That’s not what she said…
John Boyega Drink GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I saw what you did there my friend.

LOL bro I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

And I’m with u…like I wish I cared about another team and THEY could hire Whipple cause there is a lot here that has my attention.

But to tell me you unlocked Scrooge McDuck’s vault only to show me Spencer Whipple hiding in it would be REALLY ******* underwhelming.
The thing about having a boatload of money to hire the OC has kind of in a way ruined the process...

Because unless we’re going the Bama route & brining in a big name NFL guy, having enough to make the next OC among the highest paid coordinators in the Nation makes nearly anyone not “good enough” by comparisons sake.

Oklahoma made Jeff Lebby the highest paid OC in college Football & he’s well worth it, so at upwards of $1.75mill you might as well hire someone who’s already an established no brainer or hire a young innovative offensive guru.

I’m not against Young Whipple because Kliff Kingsbury has knighted numerous Offensive coaches who are killing it in college football right now, If he entrusts his offense to Spencer, it’s for a reason. Anybody from the Kane Kliffin tree with our offensive personnel is a Homerun. Is he worth nearly $2mill, depends on the results & there’s no way to know that until after the season.

Now giving someone like Ponce all that money would be completely absurd & I’m inclined to believe despite the past personal history between them, Mario ain’t that **** crazy lol...

But overall, the OC search has basically been gilded by the supposed price tags we’re willing to pay, meaning if we’re willing to pay top dollar thus then we should expect to get a top coordinator, unfortunately all the top coordinators are already hired elsewhere & probably aren’t willing to come to Miami.

IMO the biggest issue has been philosophy & not money, I think it’s taken him a while to find the guy that runs the style of offense he prefers while also having to reconcile with the idea that the guy can be hired at a much cheaper price than what he has a available, which is then forcing him to think if they’re not necessarily worth the money are they worth the job? We’ll find out once the hire is made which side of his brain he went with in that tug of war, but ultimately we’ll see how far away from his own philosophy that he’s willing to go based on who the hire is.

Advertisement
Need to get this moving at a more consistent rpm.

Granny shiftin’ not double clutchin’ like ya should.

The thing about having a boatload of money to hire the OC has kind of in a way ruined the process...

Because unless we’re going the Bama route & brining in a big name NFL guy, having enough to make the next OC among the highest paid coordinators in the Nation makes nearly anyone not “good enough” by comparisons sake.

Oklahoma made Jeff Lebby the highest paid OC in college Football & he’s well worth it, so at upwards of $1.75mill you might as well hire someone who’s already an established no brainer or hire a young innovative offensive guru.

I’m not against Young Whipple because Kliff Kingsbury has knighted numerous Offensive coaches who are killing it in college football right now, If he entrusts his offense to Spencer, it’s for a reason. Anybody from the Kane Kliffin tree with our offensive personnel is a Homerun. Is he worth nearly $2mill, depends on the results & there’s no way to know that until after the season.

Now giving someone like Ponce all that money would be completely absurd & I’m inclined to believe despite the past personal history between them, Mario ain’t that **** crazy lol...

But overall, the OC search has basically been gilded by the supposed price tags we’re willing to pay, meaning if we’re willing to pay top dollar thus then we should expect to get a top coordinator, unfortunately all the top coordinators are already hired elsewhere & probably aren’t willing to come to Miami.

IMO the biggest issue has been philosophy & not money, I think it’s taken him a while to find the guy that runs the style of offense he prefers while also having to reconcile with the idea that the guy can be hired at a much cheaper price than what he has a available, which is then forcing him to think if they’re not necessarily worth the money are they worth the job? We’ll find out once the hire is made which side of his brain he went with in that tug of war, but ultimately we’ll see how far away from his own philosophy that he’s willing to go based on who the hire is.
Back in front as CIS #1 poster…

Advertisement
If it’s a QB coach currently in the NFL then it has to be one of:

-Whipple (Cards assistant WR coach/former OC @ UMASS)
-Pep Hamilton (long extensive history QB coach/OC) was at Houston this year
-Nussmeier (Dallas QB coach and does have connection with Mario thru Bama in 2013)
-Brian Johnson (yack)
-Bevell (Jags OC/QB coach)

The homerun would be Pep, but his season has been over for weeks. Whipple’s season ended last Monday, success would be a huge question mark, could be jumping the gun or could be genius. Bevell and Johnson would be below average-slight vomit. The timing of this and the Bama connection highlights Nussmeier. Not sure how I feel about him. He’s got the resume but isnt too exciting either.

Before his work with Davis Mills this year Pep was not considered a home run. He was told to seek other employment from Michigan and the Colts and then had to work in the XFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back