Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If it’s a QB coach currently in the NFL then it has to be one of:

-Whipple (Cards assistant WR coach/former OC @ UMASS)
-Pep Hamilton (long extensive history QB coach/OC) was at Houston this year
-Nussmeier (Dallas QB coach and does have connection with Mario thru Bama in 2013)
-Brian Johnson (yack)
-Bevell (Jags OC/QB coach)

The homerun would be Pep, but his season has been over for weeks. Whipple’s season ended last Monday, success would be a huge question mark, could be jumping the gun or could be genius. Bevell and Johnson would be below average-slight vomit. The timing of this and the Bama connection highlights Nussmeier. Not sure how I feel about him. He’s got the resume but isnt too exciting either.
Delete Nussmeier.

whipple could be the next greatest thing but i don't see us handing over the reigns to a 32 year old WR coach unless he comes in under a Brady at LSU type of set up.

The “Brady Setup” was him coming to LSU give a presentation/seminar on the Saints offense to the LSU coaching staff. Shockingly Ed O realized that his 60 something year old OC (Emsinger) wasn’t not grasping the offense so he brought in Brady to be WR and 3rd down play caller.

With Brady sitting next Emsinger in the booth LSU explodes. The following year without Brady? They imploded

Now is it possible that Emsinger just forgot to call good plays in 2020 or it is more likely that Brady was sitting next to Emsinger pointing out what plays to call?

Now I am not saying Whipple is anywhere near Brady or Sean McVay when he was 31 but if Kingsbury gives his approval and Mario is impressed with him then I am good.

Advertisement
The “Brady Setup” was him coming to LSU give a presentation/seminar on the Saints offense to the LSU coaching staff. Shockingly Ed O realized that his 60 something year old OC (Emsinger) wasn’t not grasping the offense so he brought in Brady to be WR and 3rd down play caller.

With Brady sitting next Emsinger in the booth LSU explodes. The following year without Brady? They imploded

Now is it possible that Emsinger just forgot to call good plays in 2020 or it is more likely that Brady was sitting next to Emsinger pointing out what plays to call?

Now I am not saying Whipple is anywhere near Brady or Sean McVay when he was 31 but if Kingsbury gives his approval and Mario is impressed with him then I am good.
Emsinger sucked though. LSU doesn't even come close to a natty without Brady.

Advertisement

Whipple’s resume is pretty much the same as Brady’s when Ed brought him in at LSU. Brady was a LB coach at William and Mary in 13/14 and a GA at Penn St in 15/16 before going to the a Saints.

Smart guys who know what they are doing rise fast. Would Whipple do here what Brady did at LSU? Who knows. But it’s not crazy to think he can.

Well like Cribby said
1643150919193.jpeg

Advertisement
Why don’t you go back to ITU and talk **** about him instead? you 2 faced little weasel. Did you forget I post there too and I can see how big of a ******* loser you are?
Lmaoo I don’t give a **** where you post and I dont know what you post. **** I say there, I say here geek.

I’d be on board with a Whipple hire. If he can successfully call a NFL game, I’m confident he can do it in college.

Everybody is talking about money but if all the coaches “worth” that much money are employed elsewhere then what are you supposed to do? Taking a gamble on a young up and coming offensive mind with a strong pedigree may be the best way to go.

Advertisement
Before his work with Davis Mills this year Pep was not considered a home run. He was told to seek other employment from Michigan and the Colts and then had to work in the XFL.

Pep Hamilton should not step foot in Miami’s campus

**** no

I still like the idea of having someone who is capable of calling plays as co-oc in the event the thing goes sideways and can be salvaged mid season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back