Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he did. Those Dline choices are Poo Poo. Hurtt is not leaving the NFL to come down to CFB. An the other guy is terrible. There are way better candidates out there. **** Kevin Patrick is 20 minutes up the road from Coral Gables.

Brumbaugh is likely off field ( if hired ) . And Hurtt is interested in the job. I’m sure theres other names to pop up. I posted this on a Tuesday .

Advertisement
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I get we're the Alma mater and everything but why would hurrt leave Seattle (where he's also the assistant head coach for Carroll)?

Maybe because Seattle is in turmoil? That's the only reason we got Jess Simpson because of Dan Quinn getting axed but I don't think Carroll is worried about his job

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I get we're the Alma mater and everything but why would hurrt leave Seattle (where he's also the assistant head coach for Carroll)?

Maybe because Seattle is in turmoil? That's the only reason we got Jess Simpson because of Dan Quinn getting axed but I don't think Carroll is worried about his job
probably going to shake up the staff things feel kinda stale but im just guessing

Couldn't agree more on Ponce.

I understand that there's history there. I understand his connection to the area. I understand that this is the next logical step for him. Lol.. But nah.. That's not the spot for the homeboy hire. Especially when that's the position that gave him trouble in Oregon. I'm not saying Ponce is Jon Richt or anything. But when the money is there it's the position u gotta go big on.
JMO but I don’t think Ponce leaves App State unless he’s calling plays here.

Advertisement
:LOL: I get it.

This forum needs to find a common ground between extreme mopery and extreme slurpage. We've seen way too much of the latter the past couple days, we've got people waxing poetic about Cristobal and wanting to have his thirdborn just because of a canned speech and a few interviews or cause he hopped onto a jet to meet up with recruits. It's like, haven't we learned what not to do with a new coaching hire? Our fans have had almost 20 years of experience with this, and yet we never seem to learn.

Every coach we've hired has had red flags and warts, fans that pointed them out were shouted down for being mopes and trolls but in the end, they were proven right every single time. Fans who are now speaking their mind about potential Cristobal hires shouldn't be forced into hiding because they don't like a particular candidate.

It's time to wait and watch. Evaluate each coaching hire fairly and objectively. Get psyched over real achievements and tangible success (closing the deal on Kelly and Shemar, grabbing one of those San Diego CB studs, and bringing in solid portal guys at defensive end and corner are the things we should expect from our new 80 million dollar coach), and not over soundbites and coach speak.

Getting excited over the firing of Manny Diaz and a new financial commitment to the football program is nothing not to celebrate either. Cristobal has his fair flaws, like game management or offensive approach; it's all valid and noted. It looks like we hire Joe Brady and will go air-raid more, so is it not fair to say he isn't overlooking his flaw? I take that hire as a W. Seems to me like some fans are nitpicking at a coaching hire that hasn't even been announced or trashing a potential assistant coach because he failed as coordinator when that's not what he would be here. Could it stem back to they didn't get the HC they wanted? It's been ongoing since before the man even got hired. Regardless, I will let individuals be, and I will be objective and call out a trash hire if we get someone like Ponce. Until then, I will remain optimistic Cristobal will get the right guys, like I was with the previous head coaches before him, until, of course, he jacks it up.

So an NFL DL coach isn’t good enough now? Yep, time to go to bed.
The opposite side of the Miami bro slurpers are the guys who believe anyone who had a past with Miami, should therefore be automatically exempt from consideration for any position.

Jesus f^cking Christ he's good enough for Pete Carroll, but he's not good enough for ElGrandeJefe420 on CanesInsight.

People think Hurtt the DL COACH OF THE SEAHAWKS with NFL experience is the same Hurtt from 10 years ago lol. Thats like comparing FIU Mario to UM Mario.
Facts. Muhfuccas acting like Coaches can’t learn to become better teachers and better at their craft over time. He’s been coaching in the NFL! That’s the highest level of football that we have.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People forget Coley would script beautiful opening drives. He is a great designer when he has time to put it together. After his scripted plays he had a difficult time adapting throughout the game. Always was a great recruiter.
not even gonna lie i think the last time i enjoyed watching miami play offense it was when James Coley was OC. it sure as **** wasn't in the Richt era -- well maybe the first year when we had Walton, Coley, Ahmmon, Njoku, Herndon -- and pretty much nothing about the Manny era was enjoyable, even the TVD renaissance had a cloud hanging over its head. now, whether that says more about James Coley or more about our hires after him... i think we prob know the answer to that, but i have weirdly fond memories of the guy

The opposite side of the Miami bro slurpers are the guys who believe anyone who had a past with Miami, should therefore be automatically exempt from consideration for any position.

Jesus f^cking Christ he's good enough for Pete Carroll, but he's not good enough for ElGrandeJefe420 on CanesInsight.

It has to be precisely the coach they want, or they're trash—no other way around it.

Advertisement
I’ve tried to not be overly negative about most of the names that have been mentioned over the last few days for the next staff, which is why I really haven’t answered in depth when most of yall ask me about most coaches...

But Frank Ponce & James Coley is some bullsh*t & idc who gets mad at me for that.

Not being critical of Mario so put the knife down, but I’m sorry we can do so much better if money isn’t an issue.

Coley is a good recruiter & that’s it, if he’s being brought in as TE’s coach then that works because he’s a recruiter, but if he’s being trusted to have anything to do with TVD, just no, absolutely not. That’s getting a little too close to Pro style Bro & we need to move as far away from that sh*t as we can.

And Frank Ponce is as unqualified as anybody to have anything to do with this offense, aside from his connection to Mario from the FIU days, there literally isn’t a single reason why he should be here, not one.

And yes I’m aware that none of this is final nor have any of them officially been hired & I’m not even saying they will be, but IF they are, that’s just some homeboy FIU-Miami sh*t lol.
I told you L, Wario might **** this up... If we hire Coley/Ponce that is literally moving back to Enos..

Pete Carroll hired Brian Schottenheimer as OC so i wouldn't take his word as gospel lol

Wasn’t it his older brother that was recruited by Alf?
i dont know it was one of them...and why golden and dnofiro was going hard because they were from up that way.

Strangely enough the older brother plays in the nfl...i had to do a double look when i think him make a tackle for the rams.

Advertisement
Ideally Coley tells Ponce to "check with me". Ponce does and Coley is like "Miami doesn't want us, bro. Sorry".

As far as Clint Hurtt, he owes me like 6 pitchers at The Tavern (RIP). One night he kept promising to get the next one but then would conveniently leave when the last one was empty to chat up some pigs. With compound interest at $5 per pitcher combined with penalties and late fees....I think I could garnish his entire first year salary back here.

I had a couple threads deleted in the AM for multiple reasons. One being the hints were a little too good and two it was still early in n the process. They were just serious candidates. I’ve mentioned some of the names now and others have guessed off my thread so here’s where we are. Coaches to watch as possible options.

Brady oc

Coley / Ponce qb

Hurtt / brumbaugh DL maybe co DC ( Hurtt likely)

Schuman Dc/Lb or Belk

Bobby Williams te or st’s or both, because of his connection with Mario

Rod chance cb because of his connection with Mario

Seider Rb or te ( UF is involved )

McClendon rb or wr That’s been posted by caneville. He was on campus, so confirmed.

Mirabal OL ( DuH)

Fields TE or off field

Ish likely off field if retained

T Rob or Tvd or both S / cb.

Nick Monroe DB

The off field room will remain close to intact

Those are all names to watch as candidates / possible hires . I’ll add new names when I hear them.
Doesnt matter how you move it, at worst, thats a Top 10 staff in the Country.

Pete Carroll hired Brian Schottenheimer as OC so i wouldn't take his word as gospel lol
True, but he was out after what, 2.5 years? Hurtt is on his seventh year I believe; you don't stay on staff with Carroll that long if you're mediocre, let alone suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back