Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Well regardless of how I feel about him that’s a **** good list of possible candidates.

Tbh, I was told his name and just assumed it was qb since Brady is oc and possible wr coach. Now you have McClendon involved and he could be wr or rb. If Seider chooses UF maybe McClendon slides over there. It’s just mental *********ion at this point until it’s official. Guys can drop out snd more before added.

I do think it’s close yo bring finished.

Advertisement
SIAP

Schumann would not be a good hire. I looked at his profile and he never played college football. As a long time member here, one of the things I have learned is you have to have played in order to be a good coach.....right?

Lol, true dat. I know former players think he’s the real deal. Super smart cat that’s a lab nerd with x’s o’s

To be fair he’s been Co-DC for three years.
That makes me feel a little better but also was has no one scooped him up already? This is a copy cat world I would've thought people would be killing to try to replicate Smarts defense.

And don’t get me wrong I’m not making a fuss at you Cribb you already know what it is on my end, I got the utmost respect for you 💯. I know you’re just relaying the info you heard...

I just couldn’t not say something lol.

Why would Coley as a QB coach be a disappointment? We want to get away from a pro-style offense, but it will run under Joe Brady.

I ask the question to understand because you're a poster I have always respected and learned stuff from here. I have nothing more than two years of high school ball at Barbara Goleman High and years of being a fan to offer, and I know you know your stuff. I want to understand your POV

Reactions: JMG
Advertisement
Ya know, I gotta be honest, when cribby was hyping up the coaches (without naming them) I was excited. Then when I realized we were talking about Miami bros Ponce, coley and hurtt, the air came out of the balloon - the last thing I thought of was elite. It’s like we’re back with Mandy, Gluten and richter with that staff. Coley I guess I’m ok with for some token position and just to have him recruit. But Ponce, too? And hurtt? Even when he was RC back when he worked here, his crooting left a lot to be desired, iirc, especially for being such a hyper crooter. I dunno man - not feeling some of this. I can get on board with a McClendon guy and even Bobbie Williams bc he’s a saban disciple. Don’t know much about chance.
I’m taking a wait & see approach.

But James Coley? Like for real lmao... I got no problem with it as a TE’s coach because he can recruit, but QB’s, idk bruh...

Ponce is worse though. No amount of spin can get me behind that move.

I think ultimately Mario will put together a good staff & hopefully it all works out, so we’ll see.

even if he's not calling plays, I would take schumann as CO-DC at UGA (learning under Saban, Smart, and Muschamp over the last decade or so) over Doug Belk who admittedly had a crazy good year but the sample size is very small and I have much less of a trust factor that he could duplicate that success here in Miami after just 1 year as primary DC in houston.

Either Schumann or someone established like phil parker imo

Advertisement
even if he's not calling plays, I would take schumann as CO-DC at UGA (learning under Saban, Smart, and Muschamp over the last decade or so) over Doug Belk who admittedly had a crazy good year but the sample size is very small and I have much less of a trust factor that he could duplicate that success after 1 year as a DC.

Either Schumann or someone established like phil parker imo
Parker may die on the Iowa sidelines. He is beloved here plus I doubt our players would grasp the zone they like to run.

But James Coley? Like for real lmao... I got no problem with it as a TE’s coach because he can recruit, but QB’s, idk bruh...

I think ultimately Mario will put together a good staff & hopefully it all works out, so we’ll see.
Offense was only concern w Mario. Brady is a home run imo. Tell ponce to hop on a job w manny but not Mario

Advertisement

Is Brady still being talked about as OC? If so, why wouldn't he be OC/QB Coach? Fisch did it when he was OC here. Why not Brady?

Awww ****...let the corching arguments commence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back