Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So your issue with Coley is the stank on him from the pro style ? I was always told he’s a good qb coach and really good game planner. I thought he did well with Brad.

He was a meh to bad oc .
As a TE’s coach I have no problem, great recruiter.

He got demoted at UGA as OC for the same sh*t he did here, bad caller & yes his style of offense is going in reverse from what we need.

As far as Brad, his best season was with Richt & Richt wasn’t that good of a play caller or OC either.

Again, as TE’s coach I’m all for it, anything else, is disappointing IMO, especially when we can afford to buy whoever we want.

I feel Schumann
What’s Coley’s role at A&M? Is he QB Coach?
no he is TE coach

Idk, I see TE coach and QB coach as equivalent in terms of status

maybe he'll come back to miami, he just has been with jimbo at three different schools and I'm sure he's compensated fine. I would like him as QB coach but just hard to believe he'd bolt for mario over jimbo even despite location

Advertisement
He has Georgia on his résumé, and they have a historically great defense.

I understand they're loaded and Kirby is a defensive coach, but that's impressive nonetheless.

Personally, I'd rather have Muschamp, but by all accounts Schumann is a rising star.
I admittedly know nothing about him but as you mentioned Muschamp, Schumann is probably 4th in line on the UGA hierachy as far as the defense goes behind Smart, Lanning & Muschamp.. Is that really who we are looking for?

As a TE’s coach I have no problem, great recruiter.

He got demoted at UGA as OC for the same sh*t he did here, bad caller & yes his style of offense is going in reverse from what we need.

As far as Brad, his best season was with Richt & Richt wasn’t that good of a play caller or OC either.

Again, as TE’s coach I’m all for it, anything else, is disappointing IMO, especially when we can afford to buy whoever we want.
Coley is trash as an oc. There’s no arguing that.

Advertisement
I’ve tried to not be overly negative about most of the names that have been mentioned over the last few days for the next staff, which is why I really haven’t answered in depth when most of yall ask me about most coaches...

But Frank Ponce & James Coley is some bullsh*t & idc who gets mad at me for that.

Not being critical of Mario so put the knife down, but I’m sorry we can do so much better if money isn’t an issue.

Coley is a good recruiter & that’s it, if he’s being brought in as TE’s coach then that works because he’s a recruiter, but if he’s being trusted to have anything to do with TVD, just no, absolutely not. That’s getting a little too close to Pro style Bro & we need to move as far away from that sh*t as we can.

And Frank Ponce is as unqualified as anybody to have anything to do with this offense, aside from his connection to Mario from the FIU days, there literally isn’t a single reason why he should be here, not one.

And yes I’m aware that none of this is final nor have any of them officially been hired & I’m not even saying they will be, but IF they are, that’s just some homeboy FIU-Miami sh*t lol.
I’m with you LCE on this. Some of the names listed are interesting but as a whole it doesn’t match the buzz I was reading. Those 2 guys and some of those defensive guys don’t meet that criteria for me. They are recycled Canes, Oregon/FIU guys with ties, or current coaches. That wouldn’t wow me. Raymond would. NFL guys would. Big name respected position guys at big schools would. Schumann and Belk I like. Same with McClendon and Seider. But if UF is in it for Seider too after getting Raymond, they are making the type of serious moves I was expecting as splash hires to pair with Brady on O to match the buzz.

I’ve tried to not be overly negative about most of the names that have been mentioned over the last few days for the next staff, which is why I really haven’t answered in depth when most of yall ask me about most coaches...

But Frank Ponce & James Coley is some bullsh*t & idc who gets mad at me for that.

Not being critical of Mario so put the knife down, but I’m sorry we can do so much better if money isn’t an issue.

Coley is a good recruiter & that’s it, if he’s being brought in as TE’s coach then that works because he’s a recruiter, but if he’s being trusted to have anything to do with TVD, just no, absolutely not. That’s getting a little too close to Pro style Bro & we need to move as far away from that sh*t as we can.

And Frank Ponce is as unqualified as anybody to have anything to do with this offense, aside from his connection to Mario from the FIU days, there literally isn’t a single reason why he should be here, not one.

And yes I’m aware that none of this is final nor have any of them officially been hired & I’m not even saying they will be, but IF they are, that’s just some homeboy FIU-Miami sh*t lol.

Ya know, I gotta be honest, when cribby was hyping up the coaches (without naming them) I was excited. Then when I realized we were talking about Miami bros Ponce, coley and hurtt, the air came out of the balloon - the last thing I thought of was elite. It’s like we’re back with Mandy, Gluten and richter with that staff. Coley I guess I’m ok with for some token position and just to have him recruit. But Ponce, too? And hurtt? Even when he was RC back when he worked here, his crooting left a lot to be desired, iirc, especially for being such a hyped crooter. I dunno man - not feeling some of this. I can get on board with a McClendon guy and even Bobbie Williams bc he’s a saban disciple. Don’t know much about chance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I admittedly know nothing about him but as you mentioned Muschamp, Schumann is probably 4th in line on the UGA hierachy as far as the defense goes behind Smart, Lanning & Muschamp.. Is that really who we are looking for?
I'd agree with this but let's also be realistic, we're not going to get lanning or smart

so

go with muschamp who I think all of us will be ecstatic with, or a younger potentially better building block in schumann who has most certainly learned and developed the same play calling and tendencies skills from saban, smart, and muschamp over the years. Also an excellent recruiter. I think either would be amazing

Um, dude, Cristobal would be the person responsible for hiring Ponce or Coley if one of them gets the job. If you call the hirings bullshi*, you are in fact criticizing Cristobal.

Which would be just fine. Why are we scared to criticize our new coach? He's getting paid 80 million dollars for chrhissakes, he should be held to the highest standards. Whether we're talking recruiting, wins and losses, or the hiring of staff, Miami fans should not settle for anything but the absolute best.

To be fair he’s been Co-DC for three years.

Advertisement
Not sure , he’s just a name I got from somebody I trust. Not info from my end.

Pruitt hired hi. with no interview. They had disagreements from the jump and Pruitt ended up firing during the 3rd or 4th game of the season.

Bad look of both of their parts.

Mario hired him as analyst at Oregon back in July.

Last edited:
Um, dude, Cristobal would be the person responsible for hiring Ponce or Coley if one of them gets the job. If you call the hirings bullshi*, you are in fact criticizing Cristobal.

Which would be just fine. Why are we scared to criticize our new coach? He's getting paid 80 million dollars for chrhissakes, he should be held to the highest standards. Whether we're talking recruiting, wins and losses, or the hiring of staff, Miami fans should not settle for anything but the absolute best.
I was being funny, but tbh I can’t really, at least not right now lol

Not that I want to, but if I were to be critical of Mario this early the board would wanna burn me in effigy & I don’t feel like being on fire right now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back