Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a couple threads deleted in the AM for multiple reasons. One being the hints were a little too good and two it was still early in n the process. They were just serious candidates. I’ve mentioned some of the names now and others have guessed off my thread so here’s where we are. Coaches to watch as possible options.

Brady oc

Coley / Ponce qb

Hurtt / brumbaugh DL maybe co DC ( Hurtt likely)

Schuman Dc/Lb or Belk

Bobby Williams te or st’s or both, because of his connection with Mario

Rod chance cb because of his connection with Mario

Seider Rb or te ( UF is involved )

McClendon rb or wr That’s been posted by caneville. He was on campus, so confirmed.

Mirabal OL ( DuH)

Fields TE or off field

Ish likely off field if retained

T Rob or Tvd or both S / cb.

Nick Monroe DB

The off field room will remain close to intact

Those are all names to watch as candidates / possible hires . I’ll add new names when I hear them.
denzel washington GIF

Advertisement
People forget Coley would script beautiful opening drives. He is a great designer when he has time to put it together. After his scripted plays he had a difficult time adapting throughout the game. Always was a great recruiter.

I'm familiar with Glenn Schumann as a Co Defensive Coordinator at Georgia and his time as the ILB coach at Georgia for 3 seasons. In addition to this he was a GA at Alabama and also spent 2 years as the Director of Football Operations at Alabama.

Im fine with Schumann if he is the hire at DC because at the end of the day I trust in coach Cristobal's judgement. I'm sure he is a fine coach but an honest question for the board.......

Why is everyone so head over heels over him? He doesn't have a particularly large body of work as a position coach or a coordinator. In fact his body of work is rather small. So what is it about Schumann that makes him such a desirable candidate for our DC position?
I think he wasn't most people's (including mine) first choice, but with knowles off the board and no other "easy" choices that are connected to us, we see the value in Schuman being personally groomed by kirby smart for the last several years as well as the bama pedigree

we just got a HC that re-established his career under saban. Getting an up and coming DC from the same pedigree I think would help us a lot

Advertisement
I think he wasn't most people's (including mine) first choice, but with knowles off the board and no other "easy" choices that are connected to us, we see the value in Schuman being personally groomed by kirby smart for the last several years as well as the bama pedigree

we just got a HC that re-established his career under saban. Getting an up and coming DC from the same pedigree I think would help us a lot
Ok. I'll take that. Just curious why so much excitement despite the limited experience. Thanks.

Advertisement
I mean is this CIS list of potential candidates or actual insider scoops because these are the ppl we've been mentioning for the last week ha

Advertisement
McClendon was on campus today so I’d take that as confirmation.

Opinions? Not sure how much stalk to take into 247 but he hasn’t gotten credit for recruiting much if anything since Georgia

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back