Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget. Who was the guy they were talking about?

Some guy that ended up in the Patriot League or something?

Rumor was, this was about the infamous of all The Knowles…no, no, not Solange. No, no…not even Beyoncé. We’re talking about the only Knowles that’s worth a ****….Bobby, also known as Robert.

Edit: Apparently, that was the joke. Lol. @gogeta4 posted the real player. Lol. Man, I like The Knowles story better. Lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ve tried to not be overly negative about most of the names that have been mentioned over the last few days for the next staff, which is why I really haven’t answered in depth when most of yall ask me about most coaches...

But Frank Ponce & James Coley is some bullsh*t & idc who gets mad at me for that.

Not being critical of Mario so put the knife down, but I’m sorry we can do so much better if money isn’t an issue.

Coley is a good recruiter & that’s it, if he’s being brought in as TE’s coach then that works because he’s a recruiter, but if he’s being trusted to have anything to do with TVD, just no, absolutely not. That’s getting a little too close to Pro style Bro & we need to move as far away from that sh*t as we can.

And Frank Ponce is as unqualified as anybody to have anything to do with this offense, aside from his connection to Mario from the FIU days, there literally isn’t a single reason why he should be here, not one.

And yes I’m aware that none of this is final nor have any of them officially been hired & I’m not even saying they will be, but IF they are, that’s just some homeboy FIU-Miami sh*t lol.

So your issue with Coley is the stank on him from the pro style ? I was always told he’s a good qb coach and really good game planner. I thought he did well with Brad.

He was a meh to bad oc .

I'm familiar with Glenn Schumann as a Co Defensive Coordinator at Georgia and his time as the ILB coach at Georgia for 3 seasons. In addition to this he was a GA at Alabama and also spent 2 years as the Director of Football Operations at Alabama.

Im fine with Schumann if he is the hire at DC because at the end of the day I trust in coach Cristobal's judgement. I'm sure he is a fine coach but an honest question for the board.......

Why is everyone so head over heels over him? He doesn't have a particularly large body of work as a position coach or a coordinator. In fact his body of work is rather small. So what is it about Schumann that makes him such a desirable candidate for our DC position?
I trust the DCs that come out of Saban’s system. Plus Smart swears by him. We all have our opinions about Smart as the HC but he knows defense. Ultimately it’s a risk hiring a young guy like that but the reward might outweigh it.

Advertisement
People forget Coley would script beautiful opening drives. He is a great designer when he has time to put it together. After his scripted plays he had a difficult time adapting throughout the game. Always was a great recruiter.
As a TE’s coach, he’s good to go, no problem with that at all.

As a QB’s coach or OC, no, just no lol.

He got demoted from being an OC at UGA in 2019 for the exact same reasons we wanted him fired here.

A Tiger don’t change his stripes.

So your issue with Coley is the stank on him from the pro style ? I was always told he’s a good qb coach and really good game planner. I thought he did well with Brad.

He was a meh to bad oc .
I think the real question is why would coley leave jimbo?

He was a meh to bad oc .
This

People don't like the job guys do as a HC/coordinator and just think they suck at everything else. doesn't work that way

Advertisement
I'm familiar with Glenn Schumann as a Co Defensive Coordinator at Georgia and his time as the ILB coach at Georgia for 3 seasons. In addition to this he was a GA at Alabama and also spent 2 years as the Director of Football Operations at Alabama.

Im fine with Schumann if he is the hire at DC because at the end of the day I trust in coach Cristobal's judgement. I'm sure he is a fine coach but an honest question for the board.......

Why is everyone so head over heels over him? He doesn't have a particularly large body of work as a position coach or a coordinator. In fact his body of work is rather small. So what is it about Schumann that makes him such a desirable candidate for our DC position?

He has Georgia on his résumé, and they have a historically great defense.

I understand they're loaded and Kirby is a defensive coach, but that's impressive nonetheless.

Personally, I'd rather have Muschamp, but by all accounts Schumann is a rising star.

Have no problem with coley as qb coach. Elite recruiter and developed Brad pretty **** well. Not his fault that he was limited athletically

Advertisement
As a TE’s coach, he’s good to go, no problem with that at all.

As a QB’s coach or OC, no, just no lol.

He got demoted from being an OC at UGA in 2019 for the exact same reasons we wanted him fired here.

A Tiger don’t change his stripes.
I personally want nothing to do with anyone associated with UGA’s QB room.

Advertisement
Coley’s comments had me wanting to punch the chit out of him. “That’s exactly what I was thinking.” FOH, boy! Lol
I thought the same thing...to me, that showed Coley knows how to read a room. That skill helps with recruiting no doubt...as well as, shall I say, boot-licking. He could sense some in the room possibly differing in their opinions with onofrio and jumped in with that BS comment lol. Cringeworthy.

He was a meh to bad oc .

He did well with Fromm too. His play calling is crap, but coaching QB under Joe Brady's direction isn't the same as OC/QB coach. He is a great recruiter too.

I’ve tried to not be overly negative about most of the names that have been mentioned over the last few days for the next staff, which is why I really haven’t answered in depth when most of yall ask me about most coaches...

But Frank Ponce & James Coley is some bullsh*t & idc who gets mad at me for that.

Not being critical of Mario so put the knife down, but I’m sorry we can do so much better if money isn’t an issue.

Coley is a good recruiter & that’s it, if he’s being brought in as TE’s coach then that works because he’s a recruiter, but if he’s being trusted to have anything to do with TVD, just no, absolutely not. That’s getting a little too close to Pro style Bro & we need to move as far away from that sh*t as we can.

And Frank Ponce is as unqualified as anybody to have anything to do with this offense, aside from his connection to Mario from the FIU days, there literally isn’t a single reason why he should be here, not one.

And yes I’m aware that none of this is final nor have any of them officially been hired & I’m not even saying they will be, but IF they are, that’s just some homeboy FIU-Miami sh*t lol.
@Liberty City El ain't never lied! I've got to agree with you here my friend. Seeing either of those two get hired to be TVD's mentor makes me more than a little uncomfortable. I could be wrong but that's the way I feel. Now that I've had a taste of the Spread/Air Raid concepts here at the U and especially with TVD, I guess I'm a bit paranoid that someone is going to want to revert back to "Pro Style Bro". I trust Mario don't get me wrong it's probably more like PTSD with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back