Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I was being funny, but tbh I can’t really, at least not right now lol

Not that I want to, but if I were to be critical of Mario this early the board would wanna burn me in effigy & I don’t feel like being on fire right now lol.

:LOL: I get it.

This forum needs to find a common ground between extreme mopery and extreme slurpage. We've seen way too much of the latter the past couple days, we've got people waxing poetic about Cristobal and wanting to have his thirdborn just because of a canned speech and a few interviews or cause he hopped onto a jet to meet up with recruits. It's like, haven't we learned what not to do with a new coaching hire? Our fans have had almost 20 years of experience with this, and yet we never seem to learn.

Every coach we've hired has had red flags and warts, fans that pointed them out were shouted down for being mopes and trolls but in the end, they were proven right every single time. Fans who are now speaking their mind about potential Cristobal hires shouldn't be forced into hiding because they don't like a particular candidate.

It's time to wait and watch. Evaluate each coaching hire fairly and objectively. Get psyched over real achievements and tangible success (closing the deal on Kelly and Shemar, grabbing one of those San Diego CB studs, and bringing in solid portal guys at defensive end and corner are the things we should expect from our new 80 million dollar coach), and not over soundbites and coach speak.

Advertisement
even if he's not calling plays, I would take schumann as CO-DC at UGA (learning under Saban, Smart, and Muschamp over the last decade or so) over Doug Belk who admittedly had a crazy good year but the sample size is very small and I have much less of a trust factor that he could duplicate that success here in Miami after just 1 year as primary DC in houston.

Either Schumann or someone established like phil parker imo
Belk did a good job this year...

But at the same time...He was allowing about 10 yards per play up til early in the 4q vs. Cincy this past week.

Advertisement
:LOL: I get it.

This forum needs to find a common ground between extreme mopery and extreme slurpage. We've seen way too much of the latter the past couple days, we've got people waxing poetic about Cristobal and wanting to have his thirdborn just because of a canned speech and a few interviews or cause he hopped onto a jet to meet up with recruits. It's like, haven't we learned what not to do with a new coaching hire? Our fans have had almost 20 years of experience with this, and yet we never seem to learn.

Every coach we've hired has had red flags and warts, fans that pointed them out were shouted down for being mopes and trolls but in the end, they were proven right every single time. Fans who are now speaking their mind about potential Cristobal hires shouldn't be forced into hiding because they don't like a particular candidate.

It's time to wait and watch. Evaluate each coaching hire fairly and objectively. Get psyched over real achievements and tangible success (closing the deal on Kelly and Shemar, grabbing one of those San Diego CB studs, and bringing in solid portal guys at defensive end and corner are the things we should expect from our new 80 million dollar coach), and not over soundbites and coach speak.
Very true, but you should know nothing gets evaluated fairly and objectively on here. No one likes to be wrong (myself included) and opinions change from week to week.

Advertisement
I find pairing Brady with Coley/Ponce as a QB coach intriguing - I assume together they'd work together on game plans a la LSU in 2018 except Brady would be the playcaller.

I mean Coley was mediocre when was OC here, but is Ensinger truly any better? That 2018 LSU offense SUCKED given all the NFL talent they had.

That’s an amazing list. Love how the U is starting to look. Would hate for seider to end up at UF. As bad as the last few days have been Corey and seider would be great Pickups

Advertisement
I’ve tried to not be overly negative about most of the names that have been mentioned over the last few days for the next staff, which is why I really haven’t answered in depth when most of yall ask me about most coaches...

But Frank Ponce & James Coley is some bullsh*t & idc who gets mad at me for that.

Not being critical of Mario so put the knife down, but I’m sorry we can do so much better if money isn’t an issue.

Coley is a good recruiter & that’s it, if he’s being brought in as TE’s coach then that works because he’s a recruiter, but if he’s being trusted to have anything to do with TVD, just no, absolutely not. That’s getting a little too close to Pro style Bro & we need to move as far away from that sh*t as we can.

And Frank Ponce is as unqualified as anybody to have anything to do with this offense, aside from his connection to Mario from the FIU days, there literally isn’t a single reason why he should be here, not one.

And yes I’m aware that none of this is final nor have any of them officially been hired & I’m not even saying they will be, but IF they are, that’s just some homeboy FIU-Miami sh*t lol.
Couldn't agree more on Ponce.

I understand that there's history there. I understand his connection to the area. I understand that this is the next logical step for him. Lol.. But nah.. That's not the spot for the homeboy hire. Especially when that's the position that gave him trouble in Oregon. I'm not saying Ponce is Jon Richt or anything. But when the money is there it's the position u gotta go big on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back