Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we all have more confidence, but fact of the matter is his process has been irresponsible in regards to recruiting and selling your vision ...

How? Please elaborate because I just saw him lockdown multiple All-Americans a couple weeks ago and has us in play for a few more when he has only been here a month.

How is he being irresponsible? Because he isn’t rushing a hire to possibly land a few Kids in a transition class hahaha GTFOH.

I’m starting to think most of the posters on this board are under 25yrs old and don’t understand big picture when it comes to building a program.

Advertisement
GIF by AT&T
I Love Lucy Waiting GIF by Paramount+
fashion photos GIF

Fine I’ll take the downvotes. Mario deserves benefit of the doubt from everybody, this isn’t me asking for banners to be flown, but we have important prospects left on our recruiting board, we have a big recruiting event coming up, and we don’t have coordinators, or even most of our staff put together. This isn’t a good omen, there’s no spinning it any other way.
A recruiting event that Mario put together. Certainly, if Mario thought it couldn’t be managed properly, I seriously doubt he would have created it in the first place.

The obsession on here is strange with this dude, we already lost the better Auburn guy, it was Travis Williams. The CB and S play marginally improved and it wasn't because of him, it was because we added 5 star talent in Tyrique and Williams.

I looked over his 247 top recruits and even that is overrated. I stand by what I said earlier, the Bartender was a better coach and recruiter overall.
Ole Banda has to be feeling pretty good. Great recruiter and goes to Utah State, 11-3 and gives up about the same YPG as his old boss did... the boss that demoted him and gave the DC job to Baker.

Advertisement
it’s one thing to be thorough, it’s another thing to be aware of timing and it’s impact on things

I’m still gonna give Mario the benefit of the doubt, until he gives me reasons not to
"Paralysis by analysis". Hopefully this doesn't become a consistent theme over the next few years. I'm going to be honest. This is starting to become ridiculous.

How is it impacting recruiting? I keep seeing this being posted. Mario just landed elite players in the matter of weeks on campus.

How is there any reason to complain? Frustrated you have to wait for coaches, sure. Complaints? Not really a reason until he actually hires a staff and then we can judge.
This is a perfect response that illustrates my point. I said that not having even half of a staff is simply STARTING to affect recruiting and you think this is a bad take.

Let me ask you, do assistant coaches offer nothing when it comes to recruiting? Why do we keep talking about what great recruiters potential coaches are if it doesn't matter? You think it has NO impact to not have even half of the staff at the biggest recruiting event of the year or even leading up to it?

Mario has done an amazing job recruiting with the limited staff but I'm saying that Miami would be doing even better with a full staff and not having that does have some repercussions. This can't really be argued.

I also didn't say it's worth rushing hires at this point just to get coaches. Again, I'm simply pointing out that there are repercussions for not having them in place.

The obsession on here is strange with this dude, we already lost the better Auburn guy, it was Travis Williams. The CB and S play marginally improved and it wasn't because of him, it was because we added 5 star talent in Tyrique and Williams.

I looked over his 247 top recruits and even that is overrated. I stand by what I said earlier, the Bartender was a better coach and recruiter overall.
I think that list is skewed too. They credit him with Nyjilak Kelly

Advertisement
We're already seeing the mindless slurpers emerge..... people need to chill with freaking out over others simply questioning Mario's decisions thus far. I mean go at the doomsday people sure, but getting ****ed at people for bringing up that this is starting to affect recruiting, for example, those are the truly annoying and stupid posters.
Agreed. Here comes the mad rush in to scold you with many words instead of just saying “trust Mario” which is the same thing as “**** manny”…. Don’t actually discuss anything good and bad, just condemn or condescend like posters shouldn’t be able to discuss positives and negatives.

Why is it hard to say:
- Moss: Big W
- Coleman: L
- Candle: L
- Raymond/TRob: L
- Kelly: W
- Skinner: W
- Portal: L

Based on today. That’s they score for those with many other positives and negatives and great structure being laid, etc. Not sure why it can’t be reasonably discussed.

Lmao at thinking this hirings process hurt recruiting.

If something, is the other way around: IMHO Mario recruiting h 24 x 7 days a week is one of the reasons why we don't have a full staff in place yet.

Maybe we won't have the full staff until after NSD but am I worried about recruiting? Not one bit.

Agreed. Here comes the mad rush in to scold you with many words instead of just saying “trust Mario” which is the same thing as “**** manny”…. Don’t actually discuss anything good and bad, just condemn or condescend like posters shouldn’t be able to discuss positives and negatives.

Why is it hard to say:
- Moss: Big W
- Coleman: L
- Candle: L
- Raymond/TRob: L
- Kelly: W
- Skinner: W
- Portal: L

Based on today. That’s they score for those with many other positives and negatives and great structure being laid, etc. Not sure why it can’t be reasonably discussed.
Can’t claim an L on the portal when it is an ongoing event.

Last edited:
Lmao at thinking this hirings process hurt recruiting.

If something, is the other way around: IMHO Mario recruiting h 24 x 7 days a week is one of the reasons why we don't have a full staff in place yet.

Maybe we won't have the full staff until after NSD but am I worried about recruiting? Not one bit.
Also people are pointing out only 4 position coaches. While they may not be position coaches once new guys are hired DVD and Field are still recruiting and able to perform the job as on field coaches so this large staff gap is not as big as people make it out to be.

Advertisement
So much for a thorough hire......

What is wrong with the people on this board?

Taggart hired Leavitt. Mario retained Leavitt for his first year. Then, FOURTEEN MONTHS AFTER MARIO WAS HIRED, Mario fired Leavitt on February 13, 2019. Andy Avalos was hired February 27, 2019.

So Mario took TWO WEEKS to hire Leavitt's replacement. Pretty **** fast.

This "fact" stuff isn't that hard to research or prove.

Also people are pointing out only 4 position coaches. While they may not be position coaches once new guys are hired DVD and Field are still recruiting and able to perform the job as on field coaches so this large staff gap is not as big as people make it out to be.
Field, DVD, Stroud, Cooney, Pata, Bain, Hypolitte, Sabbath Joseph, Dennis Smith, assistant OL coach whose name I can’t remember are the known recruiting staff and analysts out recruiting. I’m sure theres more

edit: how could I forget Mike Rumph!?!?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have confidence in Mario but this become ridiculous. I get being thorough but there has to be a point where you make a decision. It seems like there’s no sense of urgency. You can vet and look into every possible candidate but the optics are bad if Mario doesn’t hire A+ coordinators. I hope Mario gets all this buttoned up by the weekend. It’s foolish and idiotic to go into this huge recruiting weekend with 1/4 of the staff filled.

Boy some of you just aren’t built for this.

We’ve had other posters highlight the timeline that Mario follows when making hires, correct?

He took a while to hire coordinators at Oregon.

Did Oregon finish with top 10 recruiting classes?

Un bunch your panties. It’s gonna be fine

How? Please elaborate because I just saw him lockdown multiple All-Americans a couple weeks ago and has us in play for a few more when he has only been here a month.

How is he being irresponsible? Because he isn’t rushing a hire to possibly land a few Kids in a transition class hahaha GTFOH.

I’m starting to think most of the posters on this board are under 25yrs old and don’t understand big picture when it comes to building a program.
check my post, i don't do reckless, just enjoy choppin it up with canes fans ... if you noticed i spoke specifically of coordinators, they're calling the offense and defense ... you made a great point, we locked down moss and kelly ... but could we have done more if we had coordinators in place? that's a fair question ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back